nebulizer for homogenized thc?

Nutron

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to create my own THC infused water for use in a nebulizer?

e.g. http://naturalhealthycbd.com/blog/nebulizers

Firstly decarbing some rosin maybe?

And then using a homogenizer to emulsify the water for the nebulizer?

e.g. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=tools&field-keywords=homogenizer

Is it possible to make a nanoemulsion for this? - http://blog.sonomechanics.com/blog/...s-oil-microemulsion-liposomes-or-nanoemulsion

Has anyone done anything like this before?

Last edited:

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I was actually thinking about this idea and was wondering if nebulizing decarb THC would get me high.

They actually made an ultrasonic vaporizer for vaporizing nicotine called the USonicig Rhythm Ultrasonic that I wanted to try, but never got around to.

I may be mistaken, but ultrasonic vaporizing is what a nebulizer is.

For sure will have to give it a go one day.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I was actually thinking about this idea and was wondering if nebulizing decarb THC would get me high.

They actually made an ultrasonic vaporizer for vaporizing nicotine called the USonicig Rhythm Ultrasonic that I wanted to try, but never got around to.

I may be mistaken, but ultrasonic vaporizing is what a nebulizer is.

For sure will have to give it a go one day.

Ultrasonic & Nebulizers are different devices. Ultrasonic, uses water and vibration to create mist, Nebulizers use a pump. I just researched and bought a essential oil Nebulizer. As far as using either, why guess, when you can GOOGLE?

RustyOldNail,

scy123

Oh, I was thinking about inhaling it directly, not pumping it into the air though.

If I had more weed than I knew what to do with I would definitely attempt pumping it in the air.

Kinda like a fog machine with "active ingredients".

scy123,

scy123

I was just researching it a bit on google btw

A nebulizer is a drug delivery device, which includes a wide range of delivery methods, which includes ultrasonic vaporization.

Last edited:
scy123,

scy123

The article you link say not to do it and you are doing it?

scy123,

RustyOldNail

The article you link say not to do it and you are doing it?

I’m using it for essential oils!

Better then fake fragrances to clear and freshen the air. I use the traditional ways of inhaling my meds...

RustyOldNail,

scy123

Oh, I kinda think the essential oils people call their aroma therapy diffusers a Nebulizer to make it seem more medical then it really is.

I don't know if people are in the know about the essential oils, but a large group of them actually think it will cure illness and manufacturers target them with that.

scy123,

RustyOldNail

Oh, I kinda think the essential oils people call their aroma therapy diffusers a Nebulizer to make it seem more medical then it really is.

I don't know if people are in the know about the essential oils, but a large group of them actually think it will cure illness and manufacturers target them with that.

Well a Nebulizer is actually the tech used to create the vapor, if they are using a ultrasonic type, putting several drops of oil in, those units are not Nebulizers, but more like my ultrasonic humidifier. You have to change and add water, and clean them. Besides, too much labor for me, drops of oil, floating on water, is not the best way to use essential oils. The Aroma Ace Nebulizer unit that I linked in a message above, directly vaporizes just the oil, no water.

As far as the heath benefits of essential oils, I’m not expressly using them for that, but I’ve been impressed on the positive feedback I’ve read doing research on that topic. It can go much beyond the “lemon smell makes me feel good”. These concentrates can be DANGEROUS if used improperly, which many do.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: davesmith

scy123

Well a Nebulizer is actually the tech used to create the vapor, if they are using a ultrasonic type, putting several drops of oil in, those units are not Nebulizers, but more like my ultrasonic humidifier.

A Nebulizer is not a specific tech LMAO. It is a drug delivery device that includes a wide range of delivery methods, including ultrasonic humidification.

Here is a google link for you https://www.google.com/search?q=Neb...i59j69i60l2.3045j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And one about ultrasonic nebulizers https://www.google.com/search?q=ult...=edge..69i57j69i61l3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
scy123,

RustyOldNail

A Nebulizer is not a specific tech LMAO. It is a drug delivery device that includes a wide range of delivery methods, including ultrasonic humidification.

Here is a google link for you https://www.google.com/search?q=Neb...i59j69i60l2.3045j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And one about ultrasonic nebulizers https://www.google.com/search?q=ult...=edge..69i57j69i61l3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Not using one for “drug delivery”, nor do I plan to.

From link below:

“People use nebulizing diffusers to distribute essential oils into the air. These work differently from other types of diffuser, as they do not require heat or water.”

RustyOldNail,

scy123

Oh, I think they get away with it by calling it a "nebulizing diffuser" instead of a "nebulizer"

Those guys can be tricky.

Totally different meanings though.

They got you didn't they, now when people talk about nebulizers in a drug delivery context, you will think about aroma therapy.

One day I inspire to be this smart.

Last edited:
scy123,

RustyOldNail

Oh, I think they get away with it by calling it a "nebulizing diffuser" instead of a "nebulizer"

Those guys can be tricky.

Totally different meanings though.

Yeah, lots of semantics involved. The unit I bought uses a pump to create the vapor directly into the oil bottle.
All this talk about vapor, is making me go turn on my new Arizer EQ, then I can turn on the FAN, and blow the vapor into my lungs. I’ll soon be NEBULIZED myself.......

RustyOldNail,

scy123

" a Nebulizer is actually the tech used to create the vapor"

scy123,

RustyOldNail

" a Nebulizer is actually the tech used to create the vapor"

A nebulizer is defined as: "a device that produces an aerosol suspension of liquid particles in a gaseous medium, using baffing to control particle size." (Kacmarek, Stoller, Heuer; Egans Fundamentals of Respiratory Care; edition 11. Copyright 2017, St. Louis, Missouri)

You’re learning... :)

RustyOldNail,

scy123

an aerosol is not a gas wtf

Nebulizers create a mist of fine particles ie an aerosol

A gas is created when the substance reaches boiling point and turns into a gas phase ie what a vaporizer does.

scy123,

RustyOldNail

an aerosol is not a gas wtf

Nebulizers create a mist of fine particles ie an aerosol

A gas is created when the substance reaches boiling point and turns into a gas phase ie what a vaporizer does.

I’ll stick to my original statement in the context it was intended. But do go on.

RustyOldNail,

scy123

Wasn't your original statement about aroma therapy?

Not wanting to explain further is a great sign though.

scy123,

RustyOldNail

My original participation in this thread was to offer some thoughts on things I’ve researched recently on essential oil devices and thought it might pertain. Not sure what you would like me to explain again?

RustyOldNail,

scy123

Ultrasonic & Nebulizers are different devices. Ultrasonic, uses water and vibration to create mist, Nebulizers use a pump. I just researched and bought a essential oil Nebulizer. As far as using either, why guess, when you can GOOGLE?

You basically provided wrong information and told us to GOOGLE our answers, including a link that has nothing to do with this thread.

scy123,

RustyOldNail

You basically provided wrong information and told us to GOOGLE our answers, including a link that has nothing to do with this thread.

Well I disagree, has a lot to do with the OG’s question. I’m sorry you found none of my participation useful.

Are YOU speaking for everyone in this thread?

If so, I’ll will “unfollow thread”.

RustyOldNail,
Top Bottom