My latest letter to President Obama (about Education)

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i don't know how many of you are disgusted by the teacher's strike in Chicago, if you're not then this letter probably just sounds like jibberish, but here's what I just sent him...

Dominant view of academic literature of ADHD points towards non-developmental causes.

Cultural bias precludes acknowledging most, if not all, criminal behaviors are due to thought patterns locked into place before the age of two.

Media bias strips out narratives that would support true understanding of the situation, as described by Dr. Gabor Mate: when parents are not aware of the importance of the human reward system, they don't pass the facility on to their children.

It's easy enough to accept physical trauma effects a child for many years, why is it so hard to accept that we develop dopamine pathways natural to our species beginning in the home? And when we don't, we develop our own, often ones that are not natural to humans (well, it's human behavior to self-medicate, but it is a replacement therapy and not the good stuff).

If you can accept some of the responsibility for what corporations have wrought on America, as far as ADHD, and you also understand that without good dopamine pathways children grow up to become like me, unable to concentrate easily on anything I am not obsessed with, not able to read books, not able to get a college education even though I have an IQ of 135 (although probably due to the coping skills I developed), then you will see that Race to The Top is a bad idea that needs to be corrected.

And, you need to get out onto that picket line in Chicago, like you promised us. Corporate CEO's will never increase the education of children, but they will divert money from education.

Sometimes a conversation cannot develop until basic needs are met, and that also is the reason you need to legalize marijuana, so the argument can move forward.

It is one thing to imagine how to change a behavior among society, it's better however to understand when the policies have not worked, and need to be changed.

Stop throwing children out of school for smoking pot, stop letting corporate interests and right-wing thinking destroy our teaching environments.

And, STOP RAHM! Please picket with the teachers union in Chicago!!!

VWFringe,
Reactions: Vicki
Top Bottom