Music To Take Drugs To (blog)

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
George De Large's Music To Take Drugs To

Found this a while back. Well worthy of it's own thread. A LOT of good, groovy and gravy psychedelia, alt-rock, jazz, fusion, whatever; all at your fingertips to download. We all enjoy MJ, so this is suitable. :)

You can't go wrong with anything here, but if I may, I might toss out a few recommendations from my past few weeks of digging in this place at mostly random....

The Warlocks - Phoenix (Psychadelia rock. Very good stuff, catchy)

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Give it Back (Indie rock, has an 'older' feel to it. Almost Bob Dylanish in some songs)

Spiritualized - Let it Come Down (Rocky blues. Reminds me of Pink Floyd a lot)

The Clientele - Strange Geometry (Very relaxing, 'space cloud' light rock)

Tripping Daisy - I Am An Elastic Firecracker (Almost grunge-like, infectious but not brooding. Singer from Polyphonic Spree)

Anyways, yeah, just thought I would pass this on. I haven't even scratched the surface, so if anyone finds some gems in their. Please, pass them on! or maybe you recognize some of the music listed? ;) Let us know.

(edit// If a mod finds this inappropriate, I apologize. I just know other people here like good music and wanted to share. )

SpiralArchitect,

Zaireeka

I believe I came across this blog once before, by accident. It had some really good stuff.

I HIGHLY recommend anything listed there by the band Spiritualized. I've been listening to them for a few months now, and I have yet to come across anything by them that hasn't blown my mind to bits. I especially recommend the albums Pure Phase (my personal favorite) and Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating In Space...

Just to put it in perspective, LaGWAFIS won Album of the Year for 1997 by NME. Yes, 1997, the same year that Radiohead released O.K. Computer and The Verve released Urban Hymns.

Zaireeka,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I dunno 'bout music to do drugs to but I'm goofing off on 'The Barenaked Ladies' at the mo.

I've known about them for ages but never given them much ear time. But man I'm enjoying their sound and have already covered one of their tracks at my regular cafe gig. Couple of others gonna cover too ... nice work Canada :tup:

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I just bought (online) the greatest hits album ... which isn't normally like me coz I often enjoy the less radio friendly stuff better but I wanted to get a feel for them seeing as there were a lot of different BNL albums I could have bought.

Will check out Gordon sticks - cheers bro!

vaporcloud,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
If anyone here in FC likes techno then i would recommend checking out Infected Mushroom, my favourite album of theirs is their newest, Vicious Delicous, im also quite fond of Converting Vegetarians.

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
yeah, I am a *huge* IM fan.... If you like them, check out 1200 Micrograms. Now that is some bumpin' shit.

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Yeah man...IM is awesome. I'm a converting vegiterians for my fav. great tunes. I like VNV Nation, Sphongle, and Lacuna Coil sometimes when I want to veg. Also I listen to Okenfold, Funker Vogt, and Fluke quite a bit for the more energetic buzz moments. Mainly I stick to 60's, 70's, and 90's. Can't but help skip most of the 80's eventhoguh I grew up then. Besides the rock music (non-hairband!) the 80's don't doo much for me. Too computerized sounding for my taste. All music has it's place for me. Not too into the newer rap though. I'm old school like Ice Cube, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, etc...

Thanks for the cool link Spiral! I'll have to really dive in, but from what I hear/see...It's awesome.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^
He does have a nice voice, that was really soothing....

Yea, I hope someone gets enjoyment out of this site. It's seriously awesome. I download tidbits from it all the time....

On a somewhat unrelated note (awesome songs) you should check out this, it's Empire of the Sun and the song is Walking on a Dream. I'm not sure if I have posted it or not, but it's an Australian pop duo and since the day I got the CD I haven't stopped listening to it.

"we are always running for the thrill of it"

28bqjq8.gif

Too damn catchy.... :lol: and man, that music video is a *trip*.

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Damn another site I can't access at work. :rolleyes:

Bit off topic but I have 3 big days of music coming up. Tonight meeting up with my band for a practise for a gig in 2 weeks. First one as a 'band' :tup: Tomorrow I am guest entertainer at a kids birthday party and on Saturday I have a wedding to do. phew - busy as a lizard drinking I tell ya!

vaporcloud,
Top Bottom