• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

lwien

You will NEVER see these guys play together on stage again. While this was performed in the 90's, the song and it's original flavor was from 1964 and these guys performing it are some of the best from an era when songwriting reigned supreme.

Enjoy.....and please add to this thread as I am sure it will warm the hearts of those who are old enough to remember when they took their first hit of pot and dropped their first hit of acid.......

(feeling a bit nostalgic, I guess.)

Last edited:

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
A couple of my old favorites...hard to choose. Have been feeling a bit nostalgic, myself, lately.

"Suzanne"

;) "Amoreena"

... who are old enough to remember when they took their first hit of pot and dropped their first hit of acid.......
:2c: This may be clearer? Younger folks remember their first times, too, but they were later. :)
... who are old enough to remember when they took their first hit of pot and dropped their first hit of acid back in the day ...

Last edited by a moderator:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I tried to get tickets for the "Old Fellas at Cochella" this October. Stones, Who, Dylan, Neil Young, et al; I was on the website from before ticket sales started at 10 am, and by the time they got to me three hours later, all tickets were sold, even the spendy ones. I saved so much money, I think I'll buy a new guitar. Video should be great.

Last edited:

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum

I am lucky enough to be friends with the son of one of the members of that group.

Did you know they only won the royalty rights court case to that song in the last few years?

I was so happy for them.

There is something to be said for music of that era and I am constantly finding new gems.

I recently posted a song in the music thread that I discovered a few weeks ago.

It was written in 1972 by a guy called Duncan Browne who sadly died young with cancer.

This was his best hit and reached mid twenties in the UK chart.

I find the classical guitar playing in this track enchanting and pretty much can't get the song out of my head since I first heard it. I think it deserves a place here in this thread among the great names.

:rockon:

BD9

I apologize for going with the obvious, but I think Crosby, Stills, Nash and sometimes Young, wrote some of the best rock songs.
My other obvious choice is Dylan. Here's one of my favorite Dylan songs.

CSN & sometimes Y _ Wooden Ships

CSN & sometimes Y - Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue. Two ways.

FLelder ent

Recently saw Dave Mason in concert , and then a few weeks later went to see The Steve Miller Band. Steve is 72 y/o and Dave is 70 y/o. I'm having a difficult time seeing / reconciling all the "senior citizens" at a "rock concert". At the Steve Miller concert, the guy sitting next to us lights up a joint, and I'm thinking how much more stealth it would be if he had a vaporizer instead, i guess he never found FC.

lwien

Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum

One of my absolute favorite songs of all time.

Recently saw Dave Mason in concert

Saw Traffic live when Mason was still in the band. Great band......

Saw them later in '72 w/o Mason. Still a great band.

Oh, and along that note, how 'bout Blind Faith. :clap: Would have loved to see them last a bit longer than they did though.

CSN & sometimes Y _ Wooden Ships

The Airplane did a great version of that song as well.....had some GREAT visuals on some psychedelics listening to them play it during a full moon out on the deck (not boat....backyard but that would have been insane if it was a boat though, eh?)

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I am an over-the-top Paul Simon fan: I feel Simon doesn't want to define his career as just the stuff he did with Garfunkel, as great as that was. New album coming June 3: and Paul Simon plays in Portland the 25th of May - can't wait!

Last edited:
Top Bottom