Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yup, it's one of those days:

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (Full Album) (1965) HQ
Perhaps (not surprisingly or expectedly) maybe my fav all-time recording of any, and in my mind transcends simple "classification" and quite possibly the most focused, concise artistic (spiritual, really) statement to date :brow:

coolbreeze

Perhaps (not surprisingly or expectedly) maybe my fav all-time recording of any, and in my mind transcends simple "classification" and quite possibly the most focused, concise artistic (spiritual, really) statement to date :brow:
Real Sunday music!

Edit: If you're buying it for the first time, look for the Impulse! Deluxe Edition; it is made from an uncompressed, unequalized master and includes the complete album live as a bonus, also with great sound.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
  • Love
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Real Sunday music!

Edit: If you're buying it for the first time, look for the Impulse! Deluxe Edition; it is made from an uncompressed, unequalized master and includes the complete album live as a bonus, also with great sound.
Well, I can tell you I ain't listening to no 256kbps YouPube mp3 crap, that's for damn sure....👍🏻 I recommend this version:
But none of that high fidelity or extra tracks means all that much to me really, personally. Quite honestly, it don't mean 💩

Edit: but again, who doesn't want MORE (or better), when MORE (or better) is available....?

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Well, I can tell you I ain't listening to no 256kbps YouPube mp3 crap, that's for damn sure....👍🏻 I recommend this version:
But none of that high fidelity or extra tracks means all that much to me really, personally. Quite honestly, it don't mean 💩

Edit: but again, who doesn't want MORE, when MORE is available....?
Nice! I'm not sure that's the alternate master I mentioned above but that is the same live set, I believe, and alternate tracks. Gotta sounds great I bet!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Weather Report - I Sing The Body Electric (Full Album)
This is Weather Reports' second album, released in 1972. Recorded in Nov 1971 and January 1972. Converted from vinyl.

Tracks -
1. Unknown Soldier
2. The Moors
3. Crystal
4. Second Sunday In August
5. Medley:
- Vertical Invader
- T.H.
- Dr. Honoris Causa
6. Surucucú
7. Directions

Music6 songs

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
On to a couple of favs from the 1975 Return to Forever classic, 'No Mystery':

Return to forever Sofistifunk

Featuring a still quite young (19 yo?), playing acoustic guitar and soloing with incredible "feel", well beyond his years, imo, Al Di Meola, on the title track:

Return to forever No mystery

But once again, I suggest the full album, cuz that's what I'm doin': Return to Forever - No Mystery

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
On this day in 1980, Steely Dan released Gaucho, their final studio album, before a 20-year hiatus from the recording industry.

The band used at least 42 different musicians to record the album, spent over a year in the studio, and went waaay over budget but was truly a masterpiece nonetheless ... ps ... rolling stone mag gave it 1 🌟 .... 🤣

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Ha, no early more "electric" RTF fans...? Oh well...:rofl:

Haven't seen this before:

Frank Zappa Hot Guitars Out Of The Box
Hot Guitars Out Of The Box (out of The Hot Rats Sessions Box!)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WARNING: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL ALBUM, but the content is from an official album. This is a selection / extrapolation of the guitar parts from The Hot Rats Sessions box. I assembled this compilation to listen non-stop to the guitar Frank played during those sessions. I worked a lot cutting and sewing, removing parts of other musical instruments, trying to combine the various fragments and the various takes in a fluid way.

This is from my own private collection. I assembled it for my personal listening and I share it for CULTURAL and EDUCATIONAL purposes to promote the artist (Frank Zappa).

I do not own the rights to this material, I use it only for promotional-cultural use. I believe this compilation is a great commercial for the box set. I am not financially (or otherwise) involved in selling The Hot Rats Sessions, but I hope this selection is an incentive for the undecided to buy the whole box, which is a casket of jewels (6 disc box set!). If, however, those who own the rights to these songs deem it inappropriate the presence of this video on You Tube, they can block it.

Frank Zappa, Jan Underwood, Don “Sugarcane”Harris, Jean Luc Ponty, Max Bennett, Jon Guerin, Ralph Humphrey, Ron Selico, Shuggie Otis

(TTG Studios, Hollywood 1969)

00:00:00 - Willie the Pimp (disc 2: "Unedited Master Take" + "Guitar Od2" & "Guitar Od1")

00:27:04 - Lil' Clanton Shuffle (disc 3: "Unedited Master")

00:33:45 - Peaches Jam (disc 1: "Pt. 2")

00:38:38 - Another Waltz (disc 3: "Unedited Master")

00:46:24 - Son of Mr. Green Genes (disc 4 "Take 1" & "Master Take")

01:02:45 - Transition (disc 4: "Full Version")

01:07:30 - Arabesque (disc 6: "Guitar Tracks" & disc 4: "Od Mix")

01:15:19 - Bognor Regis (disc 6: "1970 Record Plant Mix")

Frank's a good one to bow out of this thread on... most def NOT worth the "effort" 🥱 Goodbye, folks!👋

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Love Coltrane's sound.

I listen to soft jazz throughout the day at work where I need some mellow backround tunes, and then again at night before bed. I have really taken to some Paul Desmond albums. His sound is so soft and chill and doesn't really go into any heavy. I don't mind listening to him with Brubeck, but Brubeck can get kinda crazy on those solos.

I will add that I'm also a big fan of King Curtis.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
On the 43rd anniversary of John Winston Lennon being so terribly taken from us I'm vaping a bit of Harlem's Finest and listening to one of my all time favs ...

Top Bottom