Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

Trajectory.

The Beatles new Last Song
John clear as a bell.

The "making of..." video.
Fascinating.

This is not a Beatles song. John and George are dead, and did not participate in or authorize this "song."

Using recordings of someone's voice or image is phoney. It's not much different than using AI to create movies. It's not real, man.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Using recordings of someone's voice or image is phoney. It's not much different than using AI to create movies. It's not real, man.
It is real sound coming out of your speakers.
Yes, it took extra tech to make this happen, to be able to isolate John's voice from the piano on the cassette he recorded.
It is John singing a song that he wrote, that part is real. No he didn't write it as a Beatles song. But Yoko gave it to the others.
The other three attempted a collab with it in the 90's, but they couldn't get it sounding good-- that waited for the tech advances.

You can bet there was no auto tune used in this production!
And all the tracks were recorded as live music being played-- granted, at different times, in different locations.
Nothing AI about that.

The argument about the music not being real, well there's been some magic (manipulation) involved in recording everything since Edison's wax cylinder.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'd rather we have the song than not have it. I will admit the video is a little creepy...

I do miss George and John terribly. They all were a big part of my youth and I still listen to them all the time...

Some 75% of the music I listen to would be appropriate to post in this thread.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I almost always will opt in favor of more to choose from... sure, it can be annoying with ridiculously huge restaurant and dispensary menus etc... and if it does annoy me, well, I'll just avoid them... but to me, more is usually a good thing... in fact, when I was in high school, I always said when asked, that my favorite drug was "More"...

P̲i̲nk Flo̲yd - M̲ore Full Album 1969

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Happy Birthday Bonnie 💜🎂
Cool!

This was one of usual hangouts back in the 90's for my gf (now wife) and I:
The_Plough_and_Stars%2C_Cambridge_MA.jpg

A much older patron we were very friendly with told us that she basically "emerged" on to the music scene here at The Plow & Stars... now I'm wondering if it was while she was still attending Radcliffe (must've been)...

From wiki:

As the "Revolutionary Music Collective" founded by songwriter Bob Telson which played for striking Harvard students during the Student strike of 1970...

or if it was after moving to Philly later on in '70...🤔

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Guess I'll read up some more on this, thanks for the post!
I'm still not clear what part is "AI" as compared to plain high-tech.
The vocal isolated with new tech, that's what I thought we were looking at. Is there some part of the vocal being artificially generated to fill some gaps, something like that?

But I do agree with others, the video is lame, the song itself, well, it's no "Imagine".
The articles' author thinks the song is John talking to the other 3, but I don't see that, much as Paul may believe, "it's all because of you...", it may not be!

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
My late father was a fan of this guy so i heard the record growing up. The guy was a true local rebel in his day!
This time of the year i tend to listen to some of the tracks since my dad's birthday is this month.

Listening to this track today made me realise the lyrics unfortunately are still very relatable (even tho it's somewhat croocked english, the guy did his best for those days)...

WE WANT WAR, WAR, WAAAAAAAR!!!!

Lordy, Lordy with your bloody ways.
Send down the bomb at us 'till the earth she sways.
Send down the friggin' pest,
For men we will not rest.
We want another war.
Somethin'to fightin'for.

We'll fight segregation, we'll fight the black.
We'll fight the yellow race, the reds and then back.
We want to hold a gun and shoot.
That's why we were born.
And we want the bomb to boot,
Or mankind is forlorn

So give us war! war! WAR!
like it ever was before.
We'll fight the viets,
We'll fight the vietnicks too.
We'll fight anybody,
That's what we're livin'for.
We will creep upon them in the middle of night.
And all we got to do is
THINK THAT WE'RE RIGHT.

This guy nailed it!!!

666Honeybadger,
Top Bottom