• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
All music is built on the past...
One of the original rappers..check out the drop at 1.35, the sound quality doesnt do it justice,
A couple of slightly more modern rappers,
NO C (unextuesday) rap.
DO NOT DRIVE TO THIS. You may loose your licence..... (i keep trying, one of theses days...)
Theres plenty 60s/70s sounds... updated.
Hope going outside the prescribed decades doesnt get me grief.... if it does, refere to the second and third songs....

EDIT.... had to add this, made me laugh. Definate 60s/70s vibe, less than 10 years old. I suspect this is one of the few places i could post it.
FuckCombustion. Forgive me.......

Last edited:

Curious Gorilla

Dont actualy know how to start a thread, but the 60s and 70s had many genres. And despite the rap and date of songwriting, the instrumental side of the tracks doesnt get much more 60s/70s vibe ? Plus, who doesnt want to see politicians beating the crap out of each other. To some serious late 60s sounding horn.
Rap from 1970 .
Rap from 1975
It could be argued this is rap.
(Even some of their 80s stuff was good.)
The original, unoriginal, quintessential (and yes i had to look the spelling up on that) rap song that brought the genre out of the 1930s speakeasy's to this post today via 1978....... Nile Rodgers is a guitar god...

Dont make me get The New York City Players out to defend the 80s....

Curious Gorilla

I Keep laughing and turning the speakers up every time i focus on the bass.:love:
haha 25% off thru Monday
Can ya dig it
The Crusaders - Southern Comfort LP / Blue Thumb/ABC Records USA 1974
Thankyou thankyou thankyou THAT IS JUST what I need !
There are few things as good or better than than being given a truly fantastic track to listen to by an inspirational band I never heard of.
On third straight listen through......

Off for a Crusaders education on you tube.

More tasty treats?

Planck

believes in Dog
I Keep laughing and turning the speakers up every time i focus on the bass.:love:

Thankyou thankyou thankyou THAT IS JUST what I need !
There are few things as good or better than than being given a truly fantastic track to listen to by an inspirational band I never heard of.
On third straight listen through......

Off for a Crusaders education on you tube.

More tasty treats?
:love: This made my day brother! I agree there's not much better than giving or being given truly fantastic music. It's been a lifelong source of joy for me. Enjoy your discovery The Crusaders will not disappoint. Their contribution to music is near immeasurable True giants of music. Tickled pink it speaks to you. :spliff:

Ian Carr, hell ya, you be a serious cat. I have this and another of his on vinyl so it's not new, however it made such an impression I still remember the first time I heard it quit vividly, blew my young mind. Still does it's epic. Respect. :bowdown: :leaf:

I'm pretty sure you'll love Hugh Masekela.

This is one of my all-time favorites, translation is posted if you watch on youtube and there are some live versions in english as well, not 70's so I didn't post them.

Barney Kassel, hell yeah! :)

Last edited:

Curious Gorilla

I'm pretty sure you'll love Hugh Masekela.
Indeed! more new good stuff!
Although I am ordering The Crusdaers Southern Comfort on CD.
First time i picked the bass up in over 6 months. My fingers now hurt from messing with the bassline to time bomb, cant type much but WELL worth it. Always liked Street Life, wish i had known about the Crusaders years ago!
I am sure you will know this gentleman.
And just because i had it cranked earlier...Hugh Masakela made me think of them too.

Planck

believes in Dog
"My name's Ayla Tesler-Mabe, and I'm a 15 year old guitarist from Canada. Here’s my interpretation of Santana’s Black Magic Woman (originally written by the fantastic Peter Green). All filming, editing, recording and playing by me, but of course, all rights go to the original artists."

She'd been playing for only two years then, holy hell what a monster, she's 20 now.

ChooChooCharlie

Luvin' the Tull!
(Remember watching poor Livingston Taylor open for them at MSG mid 70s, evading beer bottles thrown by assholes)

Following Prine post for Vito and so many more like him
Paid the price, such a cost

"won't you please tell the Man I didn't kill anyone
no I'm just tryin' to have me some fun"

makes me proud/happy/sad, posting some random Forbert for extra sentiment

Planck

believes in Dog
Canned Heat Let's Work Together ft TotP Audience Feb 1970 (HQ Audio)
Oct 13, 2022
Don Odells Legends catches up with The Legendary Band Canned Heat while performing 2 shows at The Big E in West Spfld Ma. The band has no signs of slowing down ...It was absolutely wonderful to hear these songs again From the show here is Lets Work Together.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Merry Everything and Happy Always to All!

Playboy After Dark was Hugh Hefner's CBS series. Party with him in a Penthouse!
Worlds collided when the Dead showed up. But the show went on.
Owsley spiked the production crew's coffee urn with lsd.
All in all it was something very, very different for TV.
I can't wrap my head around Barbie Benton processing St. Stephen.
What was Hugh thinking as he stood there through Mountains of the Moon?

Those two songs, prceded by the show's opening, then Heff's intro. and chat with Jerry:
And Kreutzman talking about it years later:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member

"

She was the lonely sort, just a little too short
Her jokes were dumb and her fav'rite sport
Was hockey in the winter

He was duly impressed and was quick to suggest
Any sport with a Puck had to be 'bout the best
As he jabbed his elbow in her
"Get it honey? Get it?

"