Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

JBone65

Peter Green wrote the final version of Black Magic Woman, but Carlos Santana hit the charts in the US and made it famous.

Oh well part 2 begins at the 2:20 mark. I'll bet you've never heard this totally unique song, or anything like it. Dreamy space music?

Excellent 3-guitar instrumental piece.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Might as well stick with a lil Yes (also posted Yes in the Covers thread), sure, why not... No, you prolly won't be getting the "hits" from me, I usually try to avoid posting 'em, cuz as truly great as is often the case, they still bore me after billions (and billions and billions) of listens.... so anyway, here's a couple of jazzy "deep" track favs that maybe you never heard before or don't remember, or just haven't heard in a reeeeaaaally long time.... Enjoy! :peace::

From 'Relayer' (1974):

Sound Chaser

From 'Tormato' (1978):

On the Silent Wings of Freedom

(Both extremely under-rated albums from an extremely under-rated band...:brow::rockon:)

Last edited:

bhasma

Might as well stick with a lil Yes (also posted Yes in the Covers thread), sure, why not... No, you prolly won't be getting the "hits" from me, I usually try to avoid posting 'em, cuz as truly great as is often the case, they still bore me after billions (and billions and billions) of listens.... so anyway, here's a couple of jazzy "deep" track favs that maybe you never heard before or don't remember, or just haven't heard in a reeeeaaaally long time.... Enjoy! :peace::

From 'Relayer' (1974):

Sound Chaser

From 'Tormato' (1978):

On the Silent Wings of Freedom

(Both extremely under-rated albums from an extremely under-rated band...:brow::rockon:)
Unfortunately that Sound Chaser is unavailable here, so here it is again:

Along with some underrated King Crimson:
Groon (1972)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Well, I've never seen this before... Looks like I know what I'm doing for the next, ohhhh, 1:19:29 or so...:rolleyes::rockon::tup::

Miles Davis Septet feat Keith Jarrett - Live 1971
Miles Davis trumpet, Keith Jarrett el piano, Gary Bartz sax, Michael Henderson bass, Leon "Ndugu" Chancler drums, Charles Don Alias percc, James "Mtume" Forman percc

00:00 Directions (J. Zawinul)
11:41 Honky Tonk (M. Davis)
21:41 What I Say (M. Davis)
35:36 Sanctuary (W. Shorter)
40:46 It’s About That Time (M. Davis)
53:38 Yesternow (M. Davis)
01:03:48 Funky Tonk (M. Davis)
01:10:37 Sanctuary (W. Shorter)

Concert with Miles Davis Septet from Chateau Neuf, Oslo Norway, November 9, 1971. Davis was at this time in his "electric period" and played on this tour with a band consisting of famous musicians such as Keith Jarrett, Gary Bartz, Michael Henderson, Leon "Ndugu" Chancler, Don Alias and James "Mtume" Forman

Director: Bob Williams

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
King Crimson
Larks' Tongues in Aspic
Part 1
Beat-Club 1972
[unfortunately can't be embedded here]
youtube.com/watch?v=WhudDa3JAyc
Cool....! Please allow me assuming this is it...? It's ok if it wont embed and redirects you to YouPube... at least it's clickable!:

King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic (1972)
King Crimson, the progressive rock band around Robert Fripp (guitar) and - at that time - Bill Bruford (drums), live on 25.11.1972 at the Beat Club!

Progressive Rock legend King Crimson, feat. Robert Fripp (guitar) and - at that time in lineup no. 3 - Bill Bruford on drums, live at the German Beat Club in autumn of 1972! The song "Larks's Tongues" is taken from the album by the same title, recently released in March 1973. It features influences of Heavy Metal, improvisation and complex structure - typically for King Crimson at early 1970s. The album is also the first part of a trilogy, followed by "Starless and Bible Black" and "Red" (both 1974).

And my pick...:

Mahavishnu Orchestra 8-23-1972
Chateauvallon, France @ Amphitheatre - Festival de Chateauvallon

Top Bottom