Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
"Absolutely smoldering live version of a classic Cream song "Spoonful" in pretty good sound condition.

Yeah it's long.

If you want to know one of the songs that birthed hard rock and metal, this is one of them.

I've never heard a more aggressive or assertive solo from Clapton, EVER! There are licks I've heard before but then there are a plethora of other guitar licks I never knew he had. They thought of themselves as jazz musicians playing around the blues idiom by improvising. Well this certainly proves that.

This is the Clapton that Jim Hendrix was in awe of and had to meet the first time he got to London.

I remember when I saw the Cream reunion in London in 2005, I was chatting with an old Cab driver and told him I was there for the concert. He said, oh yeah used to see them in the small clubs in London back in the 60's, that Clapton would stand against the wall and start soloing and his "bloody eyes would roll up in the back of his head and he'd take off, it was amazing".

Well, this is what he was talking about."

Set aside 22 minutes and take a listen if you dare!

Cream - Spoonful (live) 1967 AMAZING SOLO (RARE)

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Beat Club...
If you can spend the time (about 33 minutes), this is a cool look at some not-so famous and later super famous bands each playing a couple of songs each on a small stage.
Need I mention Hendrix (with very little feedback) and the Who without trashing their instruments. This has to be early 1967. Some great London soul music starts off, then it gets psychedelic with the Smoke.
The Who close it out only because Hendrix was not a sensation at this point in time.

Hendrix starts at about 19 minutes if you do not want to wait. The Who close it out.

Tranquility

Rocket man

Elton is probably the only famous person I was a "fan" of in my life. It was all good and fit all moods. I remember my then girlfriend and I following his 2 low for Zero tour up the coast. San Diego, Los Angeles and then to San Francisco. Might have been one of the best times in my life. (Tour is outside of the criteria so I chose the one with..."And, I'm gonna be High-gh-gh as a kite by then".)

Heck, here's a shout out to Alvin Tostlinger as well:

Top Bottom