• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Musa 510

arb

Semi shaved ape
Im very interested in this 510 vape. I have never used 510, rebuilt coils, and setup firmware or bought a box mod. Is this going to be a lot of work for me. I see it uses clapton double coil now is that going to need replaced after so many uses? Just seems like a lot of stuff going on. Im assuming this isnt plug n play?
I once was in the same spot,hell my guess is we all started there.
I shelved all my plug in and other portables for 510 based units.
They can be as simple or complicated as you want them.

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
Im very interested in this 510 vape. I have never used 510, rebuilt coils, and setup firmware or bought a box mod. Is this going to be a lot of work for me. I see it uses clapton double coil now is that going to need replaced after so many uses? Just seems like a lot of stuff going on. Im assuming this isnt plug n play?

The Musa 510 is plug and play nowadays. No need for coil access in general!
Set your box mod to 37W and everything will work, with 4 seconds heat up before taking your draw.

Don't try to open the unit, unless you don't have to, and everthing will work like it should. (I will add this to the manual, since this is the only reason for failures this times)

I don't use the Clapton double coil anymore. (TC works only for like 1% of my customer, but it's not needed with the new coil)
I had to find a coil which works for every customer, and this brought me to a wattage coil again, which works equaly great as the TC Coil setting.
No need for stirring, no need for turning the mouthpiece while drawing, no need for pulsing!

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I tried to shoot a vid, but messed up almost everything.

Was supposed to be a single take of a load, hit, unload, exhale and show ABV in one shot. But most of things I wanted to capture were out of frustrum, or out of focus, and I didn't even take a very good hit. Pulled too slowly at the beginning and overpacked the bowl, which made the vapor start flowing too late, didn't properly finish the bowl in one hit as I wanted, had the temp too high so I almost charred it a bit, had shaky hands when holding the camera, bad lighting, etc...
Anyway after cutting the little that was actually captured - it still turned worth showing I think.

At least it shows how it was able to react to different inhalation speeds with no thinning of the vapor or burning, captures the sound of the vape well, and showed a thick milking of the bubbler (at least the half of it that was in the frustum):

Last edited:

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
I tried to shoot a vid, but messed up almost everything.

Was supposed to be a single take of a load, hit, unload, exhale and show ABV in one shot. But most of things I wanted to capture were out of frustrum, or out of focus, and I didn't even take a very good hit. Pulled too slowly at the beginning and overpacked the bowl, which made the vapor start flowing too late, didn't properly finish the bowl in one hit as I wanted, had the temp too high so I almost charred it a bit, had shaky hands when holding the camera, bad lighting, etc...
Anyway after cutting the little that was actually captured - it still turned worth showing I think.

At least it shows how it was able to react to different inhalation speeds with no thinning of the vapor or burning, captures the sound of the vape well, and showed a thick milking of the bubbler (at least the half of it that was in the frustum):

Thank you for your video! I love it!
I know that doing videos can be a pain in the ass, and it never works out like you imagined it xD

So far this is the only one video online, showing a Musa 510 in action! My customers seem to be too baked to do videos, after a Musa session :D

Would love to see more videos of you guys! I try to catch up as well, soon!
Looking forward to it!

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Just sent $, paid for the faster shipping. Pretty stoked to recieve it. Might do a vs thread between this 510 mod and tinymight. I love the TM but feel it is overrated for many reasons. My wife does not like the TM at all. So it will be cool to have unbias vs thread.
I believe the wife is going with an asmodus mod, anyone have any expierence with their box mods?

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
Just sent $, paid for the faster shipping. Pretty stoked to recieve it. Might do a vs thread between this 510 mod and tinymight. I love the TM but feel it is overrated for many reasons. My wife does not like the TM at all. So it will be cool to have unbias vs thread.
I believe the wife is going with an asmodus mod, anyone have any expierence with their box mods?
I’ll be very interested to hear your feedback.

My personal goal is a device where I can vape at a set temperature and get consistent clouds without having to:
1. stir
2. focus too much on my draw speed
3. take long ‘warm-up’ pulls before I actually get vapour

TinyMight was next on my list to try, but this form factor (the shots on a P80 mod look great), the Arizer stem compatibility and Seek’s feedback have me equally as eager to try the Musa

Btw, I assume I need to dm Musa Vaporizer if I want to order?

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I’ll be very interested to hear your feedback.

My personal goal is a device where I can vape at a set temperature and get consistent clouds without having to:
1. stir
2. focus too much on my draw speed
3. take long ‘warm-up’ pulls before I actually get vapour

TinyMight was next on my list to try, but this form factor (the shots on a P80 mod look great), the Arizer stem compatibility and Seek’s feedback have me equally as eager to try the Musa

Btw, I assume I need to dm Musa Vaporizer if I want to order?
Those are all my same goals. Yes i contacted him through IG just seems easier that way. Time difference is pretty big where im at. He seems to go online after midnight central time n its pretty late where hes at by noon central time. The shipping time is 4 weeks unless you pay extra for the quick shipping.
Lustro-Gold-Kodama-2T.jpg
Edit-- Got this mod to go with it. Pretty pumped for some pics of them together.

Last edited:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I now had the pleasure to use the Musa-510 for the last week and so far I like it, this is the kind of vape that will grow on you the more you use it. But I'm getting ahead of myself, I need to start by talking about the costumer service. If you look back at my last post you'll see that the first thing I did with my Musa was to fuck up the coil with my clumsy hands. I wanted to look at the coil so I removed the wood cover but the cover was pretty tight so I did go slowly but when the cover pop out I also pushed it sideways and push the coil so it looked like this:

Mod Note: Image removed by request of original poster

After a quick discussion with @MUSA Vaporizer via email everything was working properly. The coil was easy to reshape and install, nothing I could not handle but since I had no idea what I was doing he took the time to explain me how to do it. This is the thing that stood out to me the most: this was one of the best interaction I ever had with a retailer online. He answer all my question and he even sent me an email the following day to give me additional info on the device. All this time I never had the impression I was bothering the guy, the discussion was very friendly and relaxed, so big big thumbs up for the CS. :tup:

As for the unit itself I like it. It's been a while since I last used a 510 vape and it was a Splinter, so when I tried my Musa I realized I had forgotten everything about those vapes. This is the kind of vape you need to take your time and learn how it works or you gonna have a bit of a combustion problem. This is an on demand convection vape and you need to know how to use it. The tricky part comes from learning your timing: how long to hold the fire button to heat it up, how long to inhale while you keep pushing the button, how long to inhale after you have released the button. First part is easy the instruction say to put your mod at 37W (only wattage mode for this vape) and fire it for 4 seconds to build the heat up. Then you can start to inhale with the heater still activated to start the production of vapor. This is where it gets a little more complex, my mod shut off after 10 seconds so after the 4 second of heat up I'm now left with 6 seconds to vape but if you want to keep the heater going you will need to pulse the button to refresh the shut off timer. Those timing will change during the session if your vape still has some heat left from your previous puff and also your herb will be drier so it will need a little bit less heat. The first couple of times you will use this vape you will be learning what those timings are. Everything will be determined by the feeling of the vapor in your mouth and it can go from good to bad very fast. The problem is if you go too slow and don't have enough heat the vapor will be very low, and if you are like me you will get tired of this and push the heat a bit too much an combust. You need to be patient, push the heat a little longer each time until you learn how long you need to keep the heat to get the vapor you want. I'm now at the point where I can feel the vapor heat up and I can feel when the taste start to change telling me to let go of the button and finish the rest of the bowl with the residual heat. Be careful you can still combust after releasing the button with just the residual heat so keep that in mind . This is my experience with the Musa and the Splinter and I'm pretty sure other 510 mods using wattage mode, it's like manual driving, you need to be in control and be ready to let go of the gas or add more to get exactly what you want.
Also a good idea is to use a heat sink on your Mod because the vape will transfer some heat to the Mod and I don't think it's good for the long term health of the Mod or the batteries.

The Musa is made of wood, the craftsmanship is really good on both of my purchases ( I also bought the other vape from Musa the V2 with the halogen bulb, still not tried it but I will do a review when the time is right, still waiting on an power adapter for US, comes with one for EU) Simple design but it works, what can I say I love wood vapes. Now is the thing that will divide a lot of people on if they like the device or not, you can taste the wood. Like I said it's been a while but I don't remember the splinter tasting like wood ( the vape is lined in glass so that make sense) but I haven't tried my Dreamwood Glow18 yet but I'm pretty sure you can taste the wood on it since the thing is all wood inside. I know some people don't like it when a vape taste like wood so sorry but I don't think you will like this vape. In my case I love it, when I used to combust I was more of a pipe guy than a joint guy so I'm used to the taste of heated wood in my smoke. I think it helps to give character to the vapor, It's a subtle wood taste in the background and it's constant during the session (compared to a Sticky Brick that will taste like wood more at the end of a session). Unlike the taste of the herb that goes away after the first couples of puff, the wood taste will stay until the end. This will give the taste of the vapor a unique profile combining the taste of the herb to the taste of the wood. If you are looking for the purest taste from your herb this vape is not for you. In my case I use it more and more to give taste to some CBD herb that has almost no taste past the first puff, but when I vape it in the Musa I can enjoy the session until the last sip. Honestly I wasn't expecting to use this as much as I do, I bought it because I was buying the other vape and I said to myself I should buy this vape too just to add to my collection, I have 510 vapes but don't use them . At the end of the day you will love it or hate it depending on your stance with wood taste in vapor. It might be a good vape to try if you are trying to get away from smoking since you will feel the vapor a little bit more in your throat but maybe my judgment is screwed because of my bias toward pipe smoking, who knows?

Now the big difference when you compare the Musa to the other 510 vapes is the use of the Arizer stems. The Solo2 was my first quality vape I bought so I already have a lot of stems to use for this. The Musa comes with the smallest stem from Arizer, it's perfect for the size of the vape to easily conceal when outside and it do the job for cooling the vapor but not for a long time. The good news is you can use all the other size of stems from Arizer, I use the 110mm on mine and the vapor is perfect for me, exactly like when I use the Solo2. You can also use the multitude of different kind of stems that are available online like the nipple stems, glass bead stems or even a water tools like a water straw or the Sneaky Pete BubbleMax. Remember that when you change the stem, the feeling of the vapor in your mouth will change and this might cause you to combust, that goes double for when you use water tools, don't ask me how I know this.:rolleyes: The stem feels secure when put on the vape but is very easy to remove if I compare it to the Solo2, I can put it on and remove it with one hand. The stem comes with a screen but I removed it since I'm used to it and the glass screen does a good job of keeping the herb out of my mouth. I used the Brillant Cut Grinder with the medium plate and everything was nicely vaped. I try not to put too much herb in the stem so the herb is extracted more evenly, and I don't like to stir because it makes a mess more than anything. The nice thing about the coil is that you can move it a bit if your herb doesn't cook evenly, no more hot spots just spread the coil and problem solved. The clean up could not be an easier, just put the stem in ISO an let it do the work for you, the rest of the unit doesn't need a lot of attention maybe just remove the herb crumbs from the bottom screen inside and that's it.

The vape itself is solid. I beat up the coil, dropped the metal base on the floor coil first and nothing was broken. The wood part should not be a problem unless you try very hard to break it. The only weak point is the glass stem but it's glass, what do you expect? Also there's a couple of wood stems available for Arizer ( the one from Ed's TNT comes to mind) so if you want something that won't break it's easily achievable. Battery life will depends entirely on the Mod you choose to use, most of the Mods have batteries that you can swap out so that shouldn't be a problem.

If you already have a Mod or have a couple of Arizer stems and you would like to add a vape to your collection this 510 vape from Musa might interest you. This is one of those cases that you won't know if it's for you until you try it, but remember if you don't take chances you won't get a reward. In this case the reward is tasty tasty vapor.

I forgot to add some photos so here it is:

20200801_193616.jpg

20200801_193743.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
I now had the pleasure to use the Musa-510 for the last week and so far I like it, this is the kind of vape that will grow on you the more you use it. But I'm getting ahead of myself, I need to start by talking about the costumer service. If you look back at my last post you'll see that the first thing I did with my Musa was to fuck up the coil with my clumsy hands. I wanted to look at the coil so I removed the wood cover but the cover was pretty tight so I did go slowly but when the cover pop out I also pushed it sideways and push the coil so it looked like this:

View attachment 1730

After a quick discussion with @MUSA Vaporizer via email everything was working properly. The coil was easy to reshape and install, nothing I could not handle but since I had no idea what I was doing he took the time to explain me how to do it. This is the thing that stood out to me the most: this was one of the best interaction I ever had with a retailer online. He answer all my question and he even sent me an email the following day to give me additional info on the device. All this time I never had the impression I was bothering the guy, the discussion was very friendly and relaxed, so big big thumbs up for the CS. :tup:

As for the unit itself I like it. It's been a while since I last used a 510 vape and it was a Splinter, so when I tried my Musa I realized I had forgotten everything about those vapes. This is the kind of vape you need to take your time and learn how it works or you gonna have a bit of a combustion problem. This is an on demand convection vape and you need to know how to use it. The tricky part comes from learning your timing: how long to hold the fire button to heat it up, how long to inhale while you keep pushing the button, how long to inhale after you have released the button. First part is easy the instruction say to put your mod at 37W (only wattage mode for this vape) and fire it for 4 seconds to build the heat up. Then you can start to inhale with the heater still activated to start the production of vapor. This is where it gets a little more complex, my mod shut off after 10 seconds so after the 4 second of heat up I'm now left with 6 seconds to vape but if you want to keep the heater going you will need to pulse the button to refresh the shut off timer. Those timing will change if your vape still has some heat left from your previous puff and also your herb will be drier so it will need a little bit less heat. The first couple of times you will use this vape you will be learning what those timings are. Everything will be determined by the feeling of the vapor in your mouth and it can go good to bad very fast. The problem is if you go too slow and don't have enough heat the vapor will be very low, and if you are like me you will get tired of this and push the heat a bit too much an combust. You need to be patient, push the heat a little longer each time until you learn how long you need to keep the heat to get the vapor you want. I'm now at the point where I can feel the vapor heat up and I can feel when the taste start to change telling me to let go of the button and finish the rest of the bowl with the residual heat. Be careful you can still combust after releasing the button with just the residual heat so keep that in mind . This is my experience with the Musa and the Splinter and I'm pretty sure other 510 mods using wattage mode, it's like manual driving, you need to be in control and be ready to let go of the gas or add more to get exactly what you want.
Also a good idea is to use a heat sink on your Mod because the vape will transfer some heat to the Mod and I don't think it's good for the long term health of the Mod or the batteries.

The Musa is made of wood, the craftsmanship is really good on both of my purchases ( I also bought the other vape from Musa the V2 with the halogen bulb, still not tried it but I will do a review when the time is right, still waiting on an power adapter for US, comes with one for EU) Simple design but it works, what can I say I love wood vapes. Now is the thing that will divide a lot of people on if they like the device or not, you can taste the wood. Like I said it's been a while but I don't remember the splinter tasting like wood ( the vape is lined in glass so that make sense) but I haven't tried my Dreamwood Glow18 yet but I'm pretty sure you can taste the wood on it since the thing is all wood inside. I know some people don't like it when a vape taste like wood so sorry but I don't think you will like this vape. In my case I love it, when I used to combust I was more of a pipe guy than a joint guy so I'm used to the taste of heated wood in my smoke. I think it helps to give character to the vapor, It's a subtle wood taste in the background and it's constant during the session (compared to a Sticky Brick that will taste like wood more at the end of a session). Unlike the taste of the herb that goes away after the first couples of puff, the wood taste will stay until the end. This will give the taste of the vapor a unique profile combining the taste of the herb to the taste of the wood. If you are looking for the purest taste from your herb this vape is not for you. In my case I use it more and more to give taste to some CBD herb that has almost no taste past the first puff, but when I vape it in the Musa I can enjoy the session until the last sip. Honestly I wasn't expecting to use this as much as I do, I bought it because I was buying the other vape and I said to myself I should buy this vape too just to add to my collection, I have 510 vapes but don't use them . At the end of the day you will love it or hate it depending on your stance with wood taste in vapor. It might be a good vape to try if you are trying to get away from smoking since you will feel the vapor a little bit more in your throat but maybe my judgment is screwed because of my bias toward pipe smoking, who knows?

Now the big difference when you compare the Musa to the other 510 vapes is the use of the Arizer stems. The Solo2 was my first quality vape I bought so I already have a lot of stems to use for this. The Musa comes with the smallest stem from Arizer, it's perfect for the size of the vape to easily conceal when outside and it do the job for cooling the vapor but not for a long time. The good news is you can use all the other size of stems from Arizer, I use the 110mm on mine and the vapor is perfect for me, exactly like when I use the Solo2. You can also use the multitude of different kind of stems that are available online like the nipple stems, glass bead stems or even a water tools like a water straw or the Sneaky Pete BubbleMax. Remember that when you change the stem, the feeling of the vapor in your mouth will change and this might cause you to combust, that goes double for when you use water tools, don't ask me how I know this.:rolleyes: The stem feels secure when put on the vape but is very easy to remove if I compare it to the Solo2, I can put it on and remove it with one hand. The stem comes with a screen but I removed it since I'm used to it and the glass screen does a good job of keeping the herb out of my mouth. I used the Brillant Cut Grinder with the medium plate and everything was nicely vaped. I try not to put too much herb in the stem so the herb is extracted more evenly, and I don't like to stir because it makes a mess more than anything. The nice thing about the coil is that you can move it a bit if your herb doesn't cook evenly, no more hot spots just spread the coil and problem solved. The clean up could not be an easier, just put the stem in ISO an let it do the work for you, the rest of the unit doesn't need a lot of attention maybe just remove the herb crumbs from the bottom screen inside and that's it.

The vape itself is solid. I beat up the coil, dropped the metal base on the floor coil first and nothing was broken. The wood part should not be a problem unless you try very hard to break it. The only weak point is the glass stem but it's glass, what do you expect? Also there's a couple of wood stems available for Arizer ( the one from Ed's TNT comes to mind) so if you want something that won't break it's easily achievable. Battery life will depends entirely on the Mod you choose to use, most of the Mods have batteries that you can swap out so that shouldn't be a problem.

If you already have a Mod or have a couple of Arizer stems and you would like to add a vape to your collection this 510 vape from Musa might interest you. This is one of those cases that you won't know if it's for you until you try it, but remember if you don't take chances you won't get a reward. In this case the reward is tasty tasty vapor.

That was a hell of a Review. Thanks for the insight:tup:

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
20200808_124421.jpg20200808_124250.jpgIt's a good day I received my musa. The maker is an awesome guy and great to talk to. Unit looks great and packaging was very nice. I haven't gotten to hone in on it but I was achieving clouds in no time within the few bowls I've gotten to try from this beautiful unit. My mod has a curve mode I'm going to try and use tonight. It sounds kind of like a boost mode. Here are some pics of the new member to my squad. I will give my thoughts after more use, but I'm very optimistic so far.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Has any one tried wattage control? It would be nice when vaping with the wife that way the heat stayed more constant(the wife's lung capacity makes on demand harder until it's a bit heat soaked. Idk much about 510 so I don't know if this would be too hard on coil.

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: arb

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Awesome video my friend! And thank you so much for uploading Musa content! <3 Highly appreciated!
And i looove your bubbler! It fits the Musa 510 so well!
Thank you man. I've gotten better at it. I can pull big vapor with minimal effort. Yeah it all looks very beautiful together. It has become a DD for sure.

Gnome34

How does the draw compare to an arizer solo? And what is the MSRP when in stock?

I love the idea of not having to change coils.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
How does the draw compare to an arizer solo? And what is the MSRP when in stock?

I love the idea of not having to change coils.
I don’t own a solo but it doesn’t have much restriction unless you pack a fine grind in there but I think that’s mostly from the glass screen in stems. I’ve tried a lot of 510s and this one is my favorite. It shreds hard. I believe it was $130 plus shipping. I’ve rotated a few vapes but this one stays in the lot.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Arizer solo is a lot more restrictive. Arizer has those 4 small holes (they made them bigger, but still small) and probably some more labyrinth for the air to even get there. Musa 510 sits on a RDA for subohm tanks, is has large intake holes. And then goes straight up through the cavity with the heating coil in it into the arizer stem. It has pretty much no restriction added to stem itself, so it can flow very fast unless the bowl is clogged.

Oadslug

Quick question: What’s the diameter of the wood on the musa? I see mention of 30mm back on page 1. And base is 24mm? Looking to see if it will fit on my istick pico 2. Not the best device for it I know, but I like the stealth factor. Thanks. Beautiful device btw. Nice work!

gingerbier

Space Ranger
Quick question: What’s the diameter of the wood on the musa? I see mention of 30mm back on page 1. And base is 24mm? Looking to see if it will fit on my istick pico 2. Not the best device for it I know, but I like the stealth factor. Thanks. Beautiful device btw. Nice work!
I think you'll need a heat sink to clear the battery cap. It's been the case with every Pico mod I've used with the Musa, though I have not tried with a 2.

XpeeN

I think that new coils run hotter than used ones. I have already observed this twice. I made a new SS coil and then noticed it's running very hot or even combusts. But after few hits or just heating it up to a glow, it starts running milder, and I have to adjust the TCR back up a little to get the best performance. I think that along with the color change that the SS udergoes might also be a slight change in resistance or TCR. Then it seem to be stable and doesn't get any more colder.
@Penny Wise I experience top notch flavor compared with a open airflow. But this question should be answered by one of my customers :) I haven't used a splinter so far, so I can't compare both units.

I think the coil can last forever. I'm not sure about this but several months of harduse (the single coil, which runes much hotter) had no impact on the resistance yet. And I did very hot burnoffs, too. No user will do this ever to the unit haha.

A wrong material/tcr in TC mode can destroy the coil. Be careful with your first tests and watch the coil at first to make sure it doesn't get to hot with your settings.

Thanks for the interest, so far!
How did you find the TCR value of those coils? I feel so confused lol

XpeeN,

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
How did you find the TCR value of those coils? I feel so confused lol
My "newer" Musa 510 units have a nicrome choil and wont work for TC anymore. (Only the first units had a ss coil installed)

I made the experience that the stainless steel coil degrades by time, till the point it burns through.

The nicrome coil doesnt behaves like this. It will stay in a new condition forever :)

XpeeN

My "newer" Musa 510 units have a nicrome choil and wont work for TC anymore. (Only the first units had a ss coil installed)

I made the experience that the stainless steel coil degrades by time, till the point it burns through.

The nicrome coil doesnt behaves like this. It will stay in a new condition forever :)

Thanks for the quick reply!
Can I ask why did you choose nichrome over kanthal?
And what about in theory? When you did experienced with the ss coil, how did you figure out the TCR?

XpeeN,

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
Thanks for the quick reply!
Can I ask why did you choose nichrome over kanthal?
And what about in theory? When you did experienced with the ss coil, how did you figure out the TCR?
Kanthal is probably a safe alloy and you dont have to worry about it. But i didnt like the aluminium in it.

According to your question on the TCR. I tested all the different values, till the result looked reasonable. But my mod didnt behave well with TC.
You maybe have to ask someone who is more into the TCR game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom