• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Munchies

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I was testing my new UD last night so things are hazy after 9.00pm but what is not up for debate is the empty pint of ice cream & assorted chocolate & lolly wrappers laying around this morning. I was good all week long & then I binge eat shit food & don't even remember it. The only upside is I found no McDonalds or KFC wrappers so that means I did not go for a evening drive at least.

WeedyGirl1979

I've always gotten the munchie attacks (although the actual foods can vary- I remember one night where I ate three grapefruit in a row-best grapefruit ever!) but I've found that my lazy will win every time- if it's not in the room that I'm in I ain't hunting it down. I used to try to hide junkfood around my bedroom, Claudia Kishi style, but apparently my bad memory works just fine when it comes to food. I to try to keep water in my reach and that helps, but sometimes, you just gotta go with it, and hope you still fit in your fat pants later. I can't say if my actual snack habits have changed since my combustion days, so much has changed for me since then that I can't single that out.
(If I'm actually making a munchie run, I'm much more likely to come out with a bigass fountain drink or shushie variation- I'm always mildly thirsty and being high makes it that much worse. Or several drinks, because I'm indecisive under the best of circumstances.)

Ricardo

This evening I ate some cake and biscuits and a cup of tea. A little bit later I had a plate of cheese and olives. Not long after that I opened a can of mackerel fillets in olive oil. Each snack was delicious in its own way. I'm expecting some trippy dreams tonight :D

Hwy420

I have munchies in 100% of cases, after smoking, vaping or edibles. I've also gained a few pounds recently... trying to combat it by eating less calories, e.g. eating some fruits for dessert instead of chocolate cakes after consuming cannabis and . The problem is that at a certain point I can't control my munchies and I don't care if I get fatter :)

Anyway, this problem exists... I need to rethink my after-toking behaviour...

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I have munchies in 100% of cases, after smoking, vaping or edibles. I've also gained a few pounds recently... trying to combat it by eating less calories, e.g. eating some fruits instead of chocolate cakes after consuming cannabis. The problem is that at a certain point I can't control my munchies and I don't care if I get fatter :)

Anyway, this problem exists... I need to rethink my after-toking behaviour...

Self-control and munchies = Oil and water. They don't mix for me. I'd eat the fruit for the sweets and juiciness and then destroy whatever chocolate I can find. After last nights sessions....I'm worried because I still can't find my shoes :rofl:

Augment with lotsa water and exercise....and a lock on the fridge and lock on kitchen cabinets and never ever live within walking distance of the grocery store. This way you'll only gain a few extra pounds per session.

All kidding aside....exercise is the only equalizer I know. I can't munch out before exercise so it holds off the madness time wise and it reduces my hunger.

Hwy420

Self-control and munchies = Oil and water. They don't mix for me. I'd eat the fruit for the sweets and juiciness and then destroy whatever chocolate I can find.

Hahaha, it's so true!!! You remind me of me :lol:
Having no chocolate or other sweets at home (and living far from the nearest grocery/convenience store) is probably the only way to combat the munchies;

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I hate the munchies... I always get them and wind up eating too much sugar or calories that I would rather not. I tell myself before I vape that tonight I'm not going to eat, just have some willpower ! Then I give in with something innocent like grapes , which leads to olives, then chocolate and more chocolate or gummy candy , more grapes ,frosted flakes ... Damn it ! maybe tomorrow I won't :doh:

Hwy420

Instead of fighting the munchies, I like the harm reduction idea: eating less nutritious snacks.

Hwy420,
Reactions: vapen00b

Baron23

I most ofent vape a bit before going to bed...while I love to get high and have been consuming cannabis for 49 years, now I also mainly use it as a pain and sleep aid due to a bad back and bad back surgery.

I wake up often through the night (that back is a gift that keeps on giving) and sometime go into Zombie mode and attack the fridge in a mindless frenzy.

So, now I keep strawberries, cut up pineapple, and the like in the fridge. It funny how just a little bit of food will kill that burning hunger and let me go back to bed. By eating fruit, it ain't bad for me.

Cheers

Baron23

I eat healthy as a lifestyle but the munchies turn me from Dr Jekyll to Mr Hyde. I start by eating something nutritious and end with a satisfied but guilty binge of junk.:bang:
hehehe...I know what you mean...nothing like standing over the sink in your PJ's at 2 am mindlessly shoveling cold Chinese food leftovers into your mouth. LOL I meant it, when I wake up with the munchies, I'm all zombie.....'brains, brains....brains.." LOL

max

Out to lunch
I most ofent vape a bit before going to bed...while I love to get high and have been consuming cannabis for 49 years, now I also mainly use it as a pain and sleep aid due to a bad back and bad back surgery.

I wake up often through the night (that back is a gift that keeps on giving) and sometime go into Zombie mode and attack the fridge in a mindless frenzy.

So, now I keep strawberries, cut up pineapple, and the like in the fridge. It funny how just a little bit of food will kill that burning hunger and let me go back to bed. By eating fruit, it ain't bad for me.

Cheers
Sorry to hear about your bad back. I can identify (sort of) since my wife has had 2 major back surgeries (and needs another) and can't get through a day without Vicodin.

I have a junk food monkey on my back, although I keep the damage minimized with mostly healthy eating (after dinner is my junk food hell time) and an acquired gym addiction. I do think it's very important to keep junk food out of the house, if you can. When I get the urge for some cookies, I'll usually just pass if my best option is something like a cheese sandwich.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I agree with Max, keeping it out of the house is the best solution , at least for those of us who vape at home. However, I have a 12 year old child. My wife buys all sorts of sweets and junk food for her with the caveat that she should eat it now while she still can because as an adult you know you can't/shouldn't... but that level headed reasoning and knowledge disappear as soon as I finish vaping and I find myself in a shameful candy binge

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Homemade popsicles are awesome in hot weather :tup:

photo%25281%2529.JPG

STaX420

After like 3 years vaping I only get munchies rarely. I learned that I shouldn't vape when I'm hungry because I'm getting paranoid. Back then I remember going to McDonald's for a couple of cheeseburgers when stoned every now and then. But now I don't eat any junk food regularly anymore (maybe except pizza when I get from work tired af).

I don't eat candy/any processed sweet food or drink soda. The only exception is dark chocolate. I eat fruit and drink OJ when I want something sweet. Bananas are good for munchies.

When I'm at home I make wholegrain sandwiches with avocado/cheese/tomato and salad. Or wholegrain pasta with tomato sauce and pesto.
And I love eating some fresh crispy vegetables too.

When I vape before bed I brush my teeth and vape after that. And even if I get a bit hungry I'm too lazy to brush my teeth again so I just go to sleep without food.

But when my gf gets medicated she has no problem eating half a chocolate at 2am.

Baron23

Sorry to hear about your bad back. I can identify (sort of) since my wife has had 2 major back surgeries (and needs another) and can't get through a day without Vicodin.

I have a junk food monkey on my back, although I keep the damage minimized with mostly healthy eating (after dinner is my junk food hell time) and an acquired gym addiction. I do think it's very important to keep junk food out of the house, if you can. When I get the urge for some cookies, I'll usually just pass if my best option is something like a cheese sandwich.

Thanks Max for your kind words. I sympathize with your wife. Dr's have given me/will continue to give me oxycodone, valium and robaxin as muscle relaxers, Lyrica and Neurontin for nerve pain, Ambien for sleep, and giant doses of Prednisone when all goes to hell. I don't take any of that shit anymore (well, Robaxin now and again).

I can live with the pain through the day as long as I can get some sleep so I'm a lover of heavy indicas extracted at higher temps as a knock out session.

To get back on topic, even so I wake up often during the night with munchies but I find that just a little bite or two will satisfy and so I keep fresh fruit in the fridge for this and avoid a 2 am gorging on left over pizza and Chinese carry out! LOL

Cheers

Ricardo

There's always toast crumbs in the butter and butter streaks in the jam.

Ricardo,
Top Bottom