Most 'convenient' vape for smoker looking to turn to vaping

sparrowman

My wife is looking to quit smoking. She's had a try with my tinymight, halo and stickybrick and although she quite enjoyed the halo through my herborizer sphere has dismissed the whole lot as a 'bit much'. Essentially she's looking for something which is as convenient (and joint shaped) as a joint. I did previously have a dynavap, but the draw resistance was a deal breaker.

Anyone have any suggestions for something to look at? She tried an e-liquid type pen with concentrate in it and declared that to be about right but wondering if there is anything in the dry herb space or should I just give up and suggest she uses something like that.

I guess it has to be pen shaped, heat up instantly, involve very little cleaning etc etc... Don't have any budget limitations for the right thing.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Xmax v3pro and xlux roffu, or try thermal accumulator and Dani too?? Honestly none of these are like smoking or anything like an oil pen, pretty much every option she's probably going to think is a bit much... In my experience this is the biggest barrier to convert anyone if they don't actually care

Farid

It cannot be too involved. Most smokers - especially older ones - hate that. That rules out the TA and Dani imo.

The v3 might work, but I suspect she needs something that produces clouds instantly.

I think carts are probably your only real option. Dry herb vapes aren't for everyone. Even my friends who spent years happily using arizers and Dynavaps have switched to carts with no hope of changing.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah, as has been said, pen-shaped in the dry herb space is always a tradeoff I guess. I never owned a grasshopper but I think that was basically the driver behind all their design choices. The vleaf go is a nice compact shape with pretty decent flavor. Absolutely shit battery life and only three temps.

I would also lean towards the Xmax v3 pro, given your description. Although maybe she would prefer a conduction vape or a hybrid. Something like Xmax Ace or the pax could fit the bill.

But I also agree that no on will take to vaping if they don't want to do it. I personally prefer the flavor and experience, but smoking suits some people better.

Shit Snacks

That's why I said really I think it rules out everything... I don't understand why people feel the need to reply to other people's advice, but I do it too so it must be some psychological phenomenon I guess lol

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
That's why I said really I think it rules out everything... I don't understand why people feel the need to reply to other people's advice, but I do it too so it must be some psychological phenomenon I guess lol
If you’d just end your comment with quod erat demonstrandum (or Q.E.D.), then we’d all know you’ve had the final say and there’s nothing more to contribute?

Shit Snacks

If you’d just end your comment with quod erat demonstrandum (or Q.E.D.), then we’d all know you’ve had the final say and there’s nothing more to contribute?

I'm not sure if that was meant as a dig or not, but it was specifically the way someone said my suggestions are too involved after I said the whole idea of vaping is likely too involved for this smoker... Sorry either way!

Shit Snacks,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I'm not sure if that was meant as a dig or not, but it was specifically the way someone said my suggestions are too involved after I said the whole idea of vaping is likely too involved for this smoker... Sorry either way!
They didn’t say your suggestion was too involved. They agreed with you the vaping meth couldn’t be too involved (multiple steps, plugs, lighters) in order to convert a smoker.

I now understand why you made your comment and why you felt I was digging. Just trying to clarify and I think we are in violent agreement. Lol

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
What really helped me transition to vaping was my Sticky Brick Runt!

-it might take some training/getting used to at first but once you've got the technique down it produces instant, on demand, tasty thick clouds that still remind me of smoke sometimes.
-it's not pen-shaped/joint shaped but it fits quite nice into the hand and using the torch for every hit gives it a smoking-feel imo
-it hits like a truck. At one point i started a bowl in my Runt whenever i started to roll a joint and by the time the joint was rolled i was where i wanted to be already and forgot about the joint or just didn't light it anymore to enjoy the lingering flavor of the vape. :tup:

Maybe a Lotus would be an option too but i've never tried one so just guessing here.

Or a MAD heaters Revolve with a DV tip: these stems can be dialed in to set the arflow to your needs/preference. These also have a joint like feeling in the hand and if you pair the tip with a FMJ you can get multiple hits per heat up.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Camouflet convector is supposed to have a really open draw. Using it with a torch might be worth a try and it's not too expensive.

Shit Snacks

-it might take some training/getting used to at first but once you've got the technique down it produces instant, on demand, tasty thick clouds that still remind me of smoke sometimes.
-it's not pen-shaped/joint shaped but it fits quite nice into the hand and using the torch for every hit gives it a smoking-feel imo
-it hits like a truck. At one point i started a bowl in my Runt whenever i started to roll a joint and by the time the joint was rolled i was where i wanted to be already and forgot about the joint or just didn't light it anymore to enjoy the lingering flavor of the vape. :tup:

Maybe a Lotus would be an option too but i've never tried one so just guessing here.

Or a MAD heaters Revolve with a DV tip: these stems can be dialed in to set the arflow to your needs/preference. These also have a joint like feeling in the hand and if you pair the tip with a FMJ you can get multiple hits per heat up.

Yeah but they said they tried a sticky brick, otherwise I was going to suggest maybe the new magicstone Odyssey as a version that is more like a classic simple pipe perhaps??

3 Feet Farms

I was able to ditch smoking for vaping thanks to the Xmax starry. I found it easy to load and empty and it produced really satisfying thick clouds, more than enough to please a smoker at the time.

Thanks to the high temp it goes to you could get really dark (black) avb and it really gave a similar pleasure to smoking.

Not very joint shaped though so I'm not sure how into that she will be.

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
I'd go for a Log Vape (Underdog, HeatIsland, Woodscents etc.) 🪵 💪💨💨💨 for home use and a small butane vape, like a Vapcap or s/thing similar for on the way. With a Woodscents, you already get both in one package.

Solid, durable, simple to use & clean... while also looking really classy all 😊👍

ETA: Draw resistance of the DV can easily be dealt wth, by setting in a conventional basket screen, throwing out the condenser and going for a plain wooden stem instead.

Last edited:

hoptimum

Or a MAD heaters Revolve with a DV tip: these stems can be dialed in to set the arflow to your needs/preference. These also have a joint like feeling in the hand and if you pair the tip with a FMJ you can get multiple hits per heat up
My wife is looking to quit smoking. She's had a try with my tinymight, halo and stickybrick and although she quite enjoyed the halo through my herborizer sphere has dismissed the whole lot as a 'bit much'. Essentially she's looking for something which is as convenient (and joint shaped) as a joint. I did previously have a dynavap, but the draw resistance was a deal breaker.

Anyone have any suggestions for something to look at? She tried an e-liquid type pen with concentrate in it and declared that to be about right but wondering if there is anything in the dry herb space or should I just give up and suggest she uses something like that.

I guess it has to be pen shaped, heat up instantly, involve very little cleaning etc etc... Don't have any budget limitations for the right thing.

I guess it has to be pen shaped, heat up instantly, involve very little cleaning etc etc... Don't have any budget limitations for the

Have you considered a log? A log with a stem would be a very similar experience to smoking and almost as simple.

DocNicksche

For me, what always was a winner in my "on-and-off-combustion" Journey, is either a dynavap (ideally with a revolve stem), or the crafty+ 👍
The DV maybe needs a bit too much involment, but I love it still. My anvil also is very much in rotation as well as my og tinymight... But I still pull out my crafty a Lot! It just performs very well, delivers a tasty vape and you basicly don't even need to pay attention to what you do...just Inhalte after the Buzz 😉👍

Edit: the shape doesn't really fit the requierments, but the crafty is pretty small and handy compared to other vapes. And imo the performance and taste are way better than a PAX or similar.
Many are put off by the App to control the crafty...but to be honest, I haven't used it once in 3 years. I'm totally fine with the preset temps 😉

Last edited:
DocNicksche,

chimpybits

For me, what always was a winner in my "on-and-off-combustion" Journey, is either a dynavap (ideally with a revolve stem), or the crafty+ 👍
The DV maybe needs a bit too much involment, but I love it still. My anvil also is very much in rotation as well as my og tinymight... But I still pull out my crafty a Lot! It just performs very well, delivers a tasty vape and you basicly don't even need to pay attention to what you do...just Inhalte after the Buzz 😉👍

Edit: the shape doesn't really fit the requierments, but the crafty is pretty small and handy compared to other vapes. And imo the performance and taste are way better than a PAX or similar.
Many are put off by the App to control the crafty...but to be honest, I haven't used it once in 3 years. I'm totally fine with the preset temps 😉
I did previously have a dynavap, but the draw resistance was a deal breaker.

chimpybits,
Reactions: Grass Yes

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Here's my suggestion. She wants easy to use and already likes a cart pen, so lets choose something close to that. A Boundless Terp pen. The OG, not the bigger XL. Dip it in your concentrate of choice, then blow a cloud. No cleaning between hits, also has the joint-like experience. You can get one for around $25.

sparrowman

That sounds like it might work, was considering a dab pen

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

sparrowman,

Zipford

That sounds like it might work, was considering a dab pen

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
If you want a concentrate pen, take a look at the Linx Hypnos Zero. It's a little more work than a cart, but I've been using it for years and really like it. Very small and stylish, clean vapor path. Not great at making huge clouds, but that's a feature for me, not a bug.

Top Bottom