Mold and or ammonia smell

Did you ever try your moldy stuff

• Total voters

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Somehow over time, some of my pressed stuff built up mold, and/or an ammonia smell.

I tried one thing a few weeks ago, gave me a throat infection and got me sick for a week :doh:

I still see it as money spent and wonder - can I reclaim it somehow? Or, there is no hope and chance in hell - and just trash it?

sessnet,

lwien

Trash it.

That ammonia smell can happen when your bud is attacked by anaerobic bacteria when it's fresh and stored in an airtight container without periodic burping.

lwien,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Trash it.

That ammonia smell can happen when your bud is attacked by anaerobic bacteria when it's fresh and stored in an airtight container without periodic burping.

Can't make QWISO or anything?

sessnet,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It already made you ill one time to many. I'd take the lose and toss it.

OhTheAgony,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I'd say mouldy bud often ends up used in commercial concentrates. I mean commercial growers, if they're stupid enough to fk up and let it mould in the first place then I don't think that they're conscientious enough to throw it away when it could still be turned to cash. Just conjecture though.

I think it all depends on your situation, how desperate you are, and how risk averse you are. There have certainly been times in my life when I would certainly have tried to get the oil out regardless, and others when I'd throw it away in the blink of an eye. As I age I have perhaps become more inclined to throw away anything like that, but then I've also become wealthier and take less risks in life in general. But I couldn't judge anyone that was desperate to try and recover something.

If you were desperate to try I'd perhaps break up and dry the weed first to air off any ammonia, and then try a small test qwiso to see if it is in fact palatable in the end.

Also edibles might be an option, depending on the degree of spoilage. I figure that our digestion is more adept at processing unsuitable matter than our lungs, and we've been eating spoiled food for millennia, often as a delicacy. Though some are toxic to eat of course, many are not. Depends how risk averse you are.

WatTyler,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Check with GreyWolf (I believe), at ICMag forum..... I believe you can qwiso then final step a .02 (?) micron syringe filter and be ok.

Again, research the suggestion and decide for yourself whether that appeases your sense of safety.

For myself, I too am in a position to just not bother with risks anymore, and would trash it.

smokum,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Thanks for the info! The only reason I am hesitant in trashing it, I have two things that cost a couple hundred dollars...it would be a waste to trash it, but not for the risk of my health.

sessnet,

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
I have used Butane on moldy herb and it worked just fine.

Do spores pop when you bust it under a light(little grey poof)?

That sucks... grind it up and let it air out, then try a treatment on it.

Otherwise I agree to just trash it, don't fuck with your lungs.

meduser#420,
Top Bottom