Mixing vaporization and edibles.

Hey Nineteen

So I had edibles for the first time ever today. Two 50mg drinks. The bud tender warned me how edibles Creep up on you and to be careful and how to dose. I got home and drank half a can, waited 45 minutes and still wasn't very high. So I drank a little every 5 minutes. The second can I drank a lot quicker. I had a big buzz but not like how I heard that edibles can cause problems for first timers. I will try another brand later.

I waited until I had used up all my edibles. I vaped a combination of different strains in the TM2 that I just mixed together. I got high as heck. I still am. Thing that is weird is that I can tell the difference between the two highs while I was vaping. When I was done I could feel like the edibles were calming. The vaped weed added a secondary but different buzz.

shredder

So I had edibles for the first time ever today. Two 50mg drinks. The bud tender warned me how edibles Creep up on you and to be careful and how to dose. I got home and drank half a can, waited 45 minutes and still wasn't very high. So I drank a little every 5 minutes. The second can I drank a lot quicker. I had a big buzz but not like how I heard that edibles can cause problems for first timers. I will try another brand later.

I waited until I had used up all my edibles. I vaped a combination of different strains in the TM2 that I just mixed together. I got high as heck. I still am. Thing that is weird is that I can tell the difference between the two highs while I was vaping. When I was done I could feel like the edibles were calming. The vaped weed added a secondary but different buzz.

I don't think there is a definable edible high.

Your drinks were most likely a rso or isolate. And that high is different than a weed capsule or hash brownie high just like vaping the same of each would be.

And like vaping, eating edibles have a lot of nuances that can't fit in a narrow category. There are just too many variables.

840_divided_by_two

They are definitely distinctly different to me, but everybody metabolizes THC through the liver differently. THC is converted to 11-Hydroxy-THC in the liver and not everyone possess high enough levels of the specific enzyme that encourages this conversion to get high at all. I have a buddy who ate 1000mg of RSO and felt nothing.

Vape high feels heady and energetic, edible high (from flower or wax) feels very heavy behind the eyes and stoney. Both together is usually a fun time.

Hey Nineteen

They are definitely distinctly different to me, but everybody metabolizes THC through the liver differently. THC is converted to 11-Hydroxy-THC in the liver and not everyone possess high enough levels of the specific enzyme that encourages this conversion to get high at all. I have a buddy who ate 1000mg of RSO and felt nothing.

Vape high feels heady and energetic, edible high (from flower or wax) feels very heavy behind the eyes and stoney. Both together is usually a fun time.
Yeah that was trying to say. Thanks for explaining it clearly.

Nina

The vaped weed added a secondary but different buzz
this has been my experience when I vaped after also using edibles, it was as if the two ran on different channels, to me it feels as if the vaped is buzzy and a higher faster vibration, edible is more low slow slightly rolling feeling. I'm thinking there will be lots of individual variety though?

arefx

Be careful I was doing this pretty hard daily for a couple weeks and it absolutely destroyed my tolerance. Was eating about 150-200mg and vaping a half a gram a every night lol. Vaping just made me feel medium not high after like a week. Ive been limiting my consumption and no edibles for a few weeks and my tolerance is finally resetting.

Doing eddies and vaping is in-fact awesome though; just don't abuse it!

Nina

Ive been limiting my consumption and no edibles for a few weeks and my tolerance is finally resetting.
Thanks Arefx, I'm SUPER careful with my edible dose now, after being very gung ho at the start and having too many 'woozy' days from overdoing it. Generally it seemed to me that increasing the dose didnt make me feel much more stoned, it just made it last waaay too long and not in any kind of a good way!

tgvp

Yeah edibles then vaping 1h later is lot of fun, but as always, be careful with dosage. And I recommend to try the stuff alone first (no alcohol or vaping/smoking) in order to judge the potency of your edibles, especially when your own preparation. And dont judge the effect too quickly or you might easily overdose and get totally useless for hours 😂
I love to do that when going to thermal baths, 4 5 hours of total relaxation in hot water and saunas and you end up with more swag than a rag doll

Nina

Doing eddies and vaping is in-fact awesome though; just don't abuse it!
I do agree, I always try to keep the dose under a certain level to keep my tolerance in check, I have reduced my nightly edible dose by at least a third😇
In truth it's in no small part because I cant cope with the idea of taking a break so that's the best alternative, vaping I save for special occasions, and I'm avoiding it lately to stay in the neighbours good books☝️😶 I need the threat of them passive-aggressively wedging the fire doors open again to keep me on the straight & narrow:rofl:

Old Moderate

I’ve been mostly edibles for the last 20yrs and only in the last few years increased vape use as kids have left the house. I like to eat the edible at the same time as vaping and then the edibles kicks in when the vape high drops. But, I’ve got loads of experience with edible dosage and how it affects me and I’m a low tolerance user so tolerance build-up is less of an issue. Matching the dose of the two is important but once to get it dialed in it’s wonderful. To me a vape sesh and an edible is the perfect way to kick off a Saturday.

sickmanfraud

A starting basis for figuring out your edible dose is 3 times your vaping dose. So if you usually vape .2 g at a session .6 of a gram would usually be where to start.

Let me state that I have never had a store-bought edible but I have been making my own for 10 years and my cannabis license is for 100 grams a month, 200 mg of edibles would make me way beyond a green out!

I use low dose edibles to extend vaked time if I am going somewhere or more traveling

You have me very curious. Could you please elaborate? IME edibles last way longer than vaping. I can see how small doses of tincture could keep you going while out of the house. I just don't see how the vaping effects are extended.

Last edited:

Old Moderate

A starting basis for figuring out your edible dose is 3 times your vaping dose. So if you usually vape .2 g at a session .6 of a gram would usually be where to start.
Wow. I must be much more sensitive to edibles. My edible match is half the flower mass vaped, so using your quantities, 0.2g vaped would be 0.1g (flower made into an edible). All of our biochemistries are so individualized with cannabis. Kinda fascinating.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You have me very curious. Could you please elaborate? IME edibles last way longer than vaping. I can see how small doses of tincture could keep you going while out of the house. I just don't see how the vaping effects are extended.

Nothing scientific, get high, go to movie /show, have edible before the start or at the start, as the high fades after an hour or so a new high will be kicking in to make you not realize the other high is fading lol similar strategy for taking a flight somewhere, except getting less high beforehand and bringing more edibles to get higher during lol --- I am just referring to the general effects of being high, not identical to vaping :tup:

shredder

Maybe for you that's a starting dose.

An average gram has roughly 150mg of thc. 6 tenths of that is 90mg. That would make 2 strong edibles for me. And I just do edibles and I take them daily.

If I were advising someone new to edibles I'd recommend 5mg to start and go up as needed.

Nina

Wow. I must be much more sensitive to edibles. My edible match is half the flower mass vaped, so using your quantities, 0.2g vaped would be 0.1g (flower made into an edible). All of our biochemistries are so individualized with cannabis. Kinda fascinating.
my edible dose is around 0.65 of my vaped dose, I think these things must be very variable!

Old Moderate

my edible dose is around 0.65 of my vaped dose, I think these things must be very variable!
Nina: I’d say we are about the same then. If I take 1g of weed and make edibles that will equate to about twice the # of vaped sessions. So since I normally use about 0.025g to vape per bowl that’s 40 bowls to a gram (I know…I’ve got a low tolerance, honed over the years of parenting while medicated and mostly just weekend use) whereas I’d get more or less 80 doses of edibles out of that. About the same high for me but the edible is more drawn out and not as spicy. Combining the two (eat and vape at the same time) is the bomb!

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I combined vaping and edibles for a few months and then when I tried to have a break the withdrawal symptoms were worse than ever. Won't be comboing like that very often...

gotbadvas

What I used to do was actually stagger edible doses and then combine that with vaping but it can really get you. I would do around one hour staggered doses 3 or 4 of them. You can feel it hit in stages and when you realize you are way too high and forget how many stages you have left it can get crazy. And with edibles I find the more you over do it the longer high you will have.

I would say most of my THC is consumed via edibles with vaping used as a booster. I am trialing only vaping for a while again right now since I have been doing edibles and vaping everyday for quite some time. Also testing if maybe the MCT oil I used is bothering my digestion. I am going to trial some new oils including lard after I try vaping only for a week or so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom