MiniVAP Vaporizer

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Gotta stop in and say jhook may be my favorite way to use the minivap. Definitely worth looking into for any other new adopters

I got mine here and it's perfect:

gaseous_clay

So I took the plunge & got me a MiniVap (purchased from Chosty, who was 110% great!)

My impression? This thing produces amazing clouds! The flexicone thing is a little weird, but easy to figure out. I have only used with a water bong, so using with the water pipe attachment. That said, because the small baskets are REALLY small & if you put anything other than a tiny amount in them the airflow is nonexistant, I'll have to get some large baskets when they are available, along with another water pipe attachment & lid (because changing flexicones while using is HOT!)

I do have some questions from the veterans on if I'm doing things wrong or these are just quirks that are common to this vape.

1. Connecting the battery or AC adapter is tricky & when I connect there is never any power. I have to back it off from being all the way for the power to connect. (I thought I got a dead unit at first!)

2. The charger REALLY sucks. Whether it is charging or fully charged is only indicated by a greeen/red light on the plug itself. It supposedly is charging when red & fully charged when green, but other than the first couple times I charged it it's now constantly green even with a battery that is completely dead (indicator light was red on the MiniVap & it wouldn't get to temp. The temp light on the MiniVap was slowly flashing different colors, like it was off most of the time, then would occasionally light up green, red or pink.) I just let it go until it powered off & wouldn't power back on, hoping the charger might go red & actually indicate it was charging. Nope. If I mess with the battery on the dock it can go red for a second, but I can't get it to stay red. The light is green whether or not the battery is on the charger, & it is seeming to be charging (reconnecting to the unit, it will again power on.)

3. This thing takes forever to heat up, even to medium temps. Everything says 2-3 minutes, but mine has never once even heated without going into an auto-shutoff at 4 minutes How long it takes to fully heat to ready is then of course dependent on how quickly I turned it back on, taking about 5:30 to heat if I turn it back on immediately, longer if I forget to watch for it to shut off. (I am in contact with MiniVap about this, which they have said if this continues they will have me ship the unit to Spain to repair, which I can only assume will cost me quite a bit.)

4. The AC adapter is fine & I am truly glad I bought it, as the battery doesn't seem to want to charge. The cable is short though, so I've been having to use an extension cord, which makes it awkward to have the heavier plug in the middle of the line. Does anybody know the name of the connector to the AC adapter/charging base? I would like to find a female-to-male in-line extension cable. A second plug would also be nice, as with only one plug you can either charge the battery or plug it in, but obviously not both (can't believe the adapter didn't come with a second plug!)

So far I have found this to be quite a frustrating experience. It has so much potential to be a great unit, but the battery not charging & taking so long to heat up that it shuts down in the middle of it have made me want to alternatively throw it as far as I can (won't do that with something so expensive!) or relegate it to a shelf & go back to using my other, more trustworthy vapes that actually work. I know there are always lemons out there & it is possible I happened to get a bad unit, but it's also possible that I am just expecting too much and this is what it is. Even if the battery charged easily (what a horribly cheap charger design) I hate the on/off switch is holding both buttons, which I have actually changed settings by mistake when just trying to turn it on/off. The buttons are easy to press by mistake as well, and with LED lights on both sides it is impossible to have the light not shining in your direction (annoying when watching a film in the dark or using a bong that happens to line the light up so it shines directly in your eye. I have to figure out some cover that will not affect the buttons.

gaseous_clay,
Reactions: MinnBobber

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'll have to get some large baskets when they are available, along with another water pipe attachment & lid (because changing flexicones while using is HOT!)
When swapping, you can leave the wpa and flexicone in place. Open the lid, but only remove and swap the basket (I use a rimmed screen inside the flexicone). But yeah, I only use the big ones (sometimes called "medium" I think)
The charger REALLY sucks. Whether it is charging or fully charged is only indicated by a greeen/red light on the plug itself. It supposedly is charging when red & fully charged when green, but other than the first couple times I charged it it's now constantly green even with a battery that is completely dead (indicator light was red on the MiniVap & it wouldn't get to temp.
Okay, you may have a problem battery unit. BUT, I can say the charging base can be finicky. Mine has to be on a solid, flat surface when I put the battery on it.
I can't say if there's a difference, but I always charge the battery with the heating unit removed.

gaseous_clay

When swapping, you can leave the wpa and flexicone in place. Open the lid, but only remove and swap the basket (I use a rimmed screen inside the flexicone). But yeah, I only use the big ones (sometimes called "medium" I think)

Okay, you may have a problem battery unit. BUT, I can say the charging base can be finicky. Mine has to be on a solid, flat surface when I put the battery on it.
I can't say if there's a difference, but I always charge the battery with the heating unit removed.
Yeah, I use the rimmed screen also & just replace the flexicone (it's still HOT!)

Only been charging the battery off the heating unit as well. Both the battery & AC have to be backed off a tick from fully twisted on to connect to the unit & power.

gaseous_clay,
Reactions: MinnBobber

SpacelyJetson

Received mine Friday. Shoutout to Chosty for expedited delivery. Am still dabbling about with it. Taaasty and Smooth so far. I'm not bothered by the heatup time. Enjoying the flexicone. Picked up known terpy flavorful strains (e.g. catpiss, blood orange, fuel biscuits)...just a pinch in the small basket is so pleasant.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah, I use the rimmed screen also & just replace the flexicone (it's still HOT!)

Only been charging the battery off the heating unit as well. Both the battery & AC have to be backed off a tick from fully twisted on to connect to the unit & power.
I'm saying DO NOT replace the flexicone.

The backing off from fully tight is a known "thing". I won't call it an issue, it just is this way.
When battery is on the charger, if it doesn't go to red, try slightly turning it (I know it can not turn very far!) and let it sit that way for a few seconds, it may turn to red?

gaseous_clay

I'm saying DO NOT replace the flexicone.

The backing off from fully tight is a known "thing". I won't call it an issue, it just is this way.
When battery is on the charger, if it doesn't go to red, try slightly turning it (I know it can not turn very far!) and let it sit that way for a few seconds, it may turn to red?
Tried that. The only way I get it to stay red is if I tilt the battery slightly & just hold it in that exact position. I just did that and held it for about 10 seconds and the light actually stayed red when I (very slowly) released it! So I guess that's the way this is now... If I want the battery charge indicator to indicate it is charging, I have to delicately hold the battery on the charger slightly tilted to the side & keep it steady, then slowly let go while maintaining the red light. Simple, really. And convenient too!

(Everything is telling me this will end up on a shelf soon, as I can't even in good conscience resell it.)

gaseous_clay,
Reactions: chimpybits

lazylathe

Almost there...
@gaseous_clay

If you are having so many issues, contact Chosty and initiate a return for a new unit.

I had issues with my first MV 10 years ago and had it swapped for a new unit and it's never given me a single issue in all that time.

Charging is simply dripping it into the base and it charges. Have a look at the pins underneath your MV and the base of the charger to make sure everything is lining up correctly.

Hot Flexicone??🤣
Remove lid off unit and give a few pulls to cool the basket down... So simple and quick!

I have gotten into the habit of always pressing the left button (-) before I start turning the MV on. It will give me a bluish/ green light telling me it's good to go. Then both buttons to start and just give it time to heat up.

The MV is one of the great, not talked about too much vaporizers out there.

MinnBobber

Some wrote what I intended:
MV does need “jiggles”.
1. Battery to core connection: some need jiggling back, like 2 degrees…..
Take a look at the connectors: tiny pins which are rotated into contact.

2. Battery in plate charger : back and forth jiggle to watch for charger light to go on
AND sometimes the round plug into the plate charger needs a jiggle .

3. AC puck to core connection. Same as #1

For low temp flavor chasers: you may want to get a good vape light as the MV has the most blue white , almost invisible vapor at low temps.
You exhale and see nothing…. Exhale with the light and it is a huge cloud.

For home users that like battery mode:
I usually get the unit up to temp with the tiny AC puck and then click in the battery…..only takes 2 seconds . Heat up uses the most watts so this lets your battery last longer.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
This vape is probably the biggest sleeper on the market.

I've gotten into the habit of giving it an extra minute or two once it's heateded up. Definitely agree with the above, clouds still happen at the lowest temps. Also, the baskets go on and on. I've found I really enjoy starting at blue and slowly working my way up to lavender or green. Takes time, but perfect for a movie. Or gaming.

It astounds me that it's not more talked about. It's incredibly simple to use, incredibly consistent, and outstanding when it comes to vapor.

I still haven't tried loading directly in the oven. The baskets are just so easy

Gnome34

This vape is probably the biggest sleeper on the market.

I've gotten into the habit of giving it an extra minute or two once it's heateded up. Definitely agree with the above, clouds still happen at the lowest temps. Also, the baskets go on and on. I've found I really enjoy starting at blue and slowly working my way up to lavender or green. Takes time, but perfect for a movie. Or gaming.

It astounds me that it's not more talked about. It's incredibly simple to use, incredibly consistent, and outstanding when it comes to vapor.

I still haven't tried loading directly in the oven. The baskets are just so easy
I've been on the fence on the Minivap for about two years now.

If it wasn't quite so expensive I would pull the trigger but I just can't justify it. Wish I could use one first but they are too rare in the wild for that opportunity to pop up.

I really should sell some of my collection and pull the trigger.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I've been on the fence on the Minivap for about two years now.

If it wasn't quite so expensive I would pull the trigger but I just can't justify it. Wish I could use one first but they are too rare in the wild for that opportunity to pop up.

I really should sell some of my collection and pull the trigger.

That's what kept me from buying one for so long. That said I got mine for only slightly more than a tm2 thanks to Chosty.

Idk. It's a lot of money, but it's well worth it to me now that I finally had one.

Honestly I think if you did get your hands on one you wouldn't regret it.

It's in a class of its own

kimura

It’s been my favorite for maybe 10 years now? I wish flower vaping wasn’t so niche. I’ve had to buy every single vape I’ve tried. This is the most expensive one that I would still say is worth the money. So good I have to keep two

Full disclosure, I don’t use a battery anymore. I found heat up and recovery to be quicker with the puck. And I had a bad unit once. If your mV doesn’t blow clouds than it’s not working properly. Luckily Jorge is super stand up guy regarding warranty and customer service. Worth it

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
It’s been my favorite for maybe 10 years now? I wish flower vaping wasn’t so niche. I’ve had to buy every single vape I’ve tried. This is the most expensive one that I would still say is worth the money. So good I have to keep two
It's my favorite of all I've owned so far. And thanks to the deal I got from chosty, the og cloud is still the most I spent on a vape 😅

ive got the gqc and love it. Is the other that different?
Full disclosure, I don’t use a battery anymore. I found heat up and recovery to be quicker with the puck. And I had a bad unit once. If your mV doesn’t blow clouds than it’s not working properly. Luckily Jorge is super stand up guy regarding warranty and customer service. Worth it
I'm the opposite. I love the battery. Full disclosure as well, it's the cord length that kills me with the puck. Anyway, the battery makes this thing so nice for home use. Or taking to a buddy's house. I'd agree with lack of clouds meaning somethings wrong.

I am actively considering buying a backup unit just in case. I adore my minivap

kimura

ive got the gqc and love it. Is the other that different?

Not really. I have the glass core and the PEEK, both quick cores. Not sure if they use PEEK anymore but it’s similar to the old Teflon core. There are subtle differences in flavor, aroma, and probably extraction but one’s not better than the other. Glass core adds radiant heat but heats up a bit slower. PEEK is more of a pure convection experience. If you’re going to have two, might as well get one of each. For everyone else I’d say don’t overthink it, just pick which one appeals to you. Both rip

gaseous_clay

I wish they would just go back to the glass wpa. Idk why they ever switched to that silicon monstrosity, it sucks to have to hold the minivap in the bong the whole time rather than just leaving it in.

You mean like this?

There is a glass adapter that goes on it. Get a carb & you can leave it in! (not forever, of course.)

By the way @LAWTHEONE that bong looks amazing...

IMG-8905.jpg

gaseous_clay,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You mean like this?

There is a glass adapter that goes on it. Get a carb & you can leave it in! (not forever, of course.)
That's a 14 to 18 mm adapter.
There is a glass wpa, 14 mm
I wish they would just go back to the glass wpa. Idk why they ever switched to that silicon monstrosity, it sucks to have to hold the minivap in the bong the whole time rather than just leaving it in.
You can still get it at Minivap site, where the wpa is. You have to select an option for the type you want.
Or are you talking about something that predates this one?

Razhumikin

That's a 14 to 18 mm adapter.
There is a glass wpa, 14 mm

You can still get it at Minivap site, where the wpa is. You have to select an option for the type you want.
Or are you talking about something that predates this one?
They changed the design a while ago, the old one had a long base and could comfortably fit in a flexicone, but iirc the new glass one can only fit ina flexicone+. Here is an article they posted when they changed the design:

You can see the old adapter in this vid i took a while ago:

Top Bottom