• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I use baskets in place of the glass cylinder thing
Then it sounds like you are only using the glass mp from the Glass Starter Kit? and maybe the 'cut' flexcone silicone thing in the lid?
I thought the glass cylinder would be integral to the "all glass" purpose of the thing?

Looks like there a lots of ways to use this vape, for sure.

vapviking,

Techmob

Does anyone know where stocks MV O-ring Filters or similar size in the uk?
vapefiend out of stock and Minivap it would cost me €44 euros for 4 to be delivered
anywhere I can get accessories in the uk or compatible
thanks

Techmob,

condition

@Techmob the shipping cost is insane. Manufacturer should make the essential accessories (screens & flexicones) world wide available. But he is responsive to requests, try email him with your issue

condition,

Techmob

Thanks guys
no response yet
just wondering if there are any gauzes I can get to fit flexicone as alternative?

Techmob,

condition

I have rimmed and rimeless minivap screens. There are the same size. You can trim a larger screen to the size of the rimeless below. It will work fine inside a flexicone.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks guys
no response yet
just wondering if there are any gauzes I can get to fit flexicone as alternative?
I looked, could not find the spec of screens (gauzes), but mine measure 16mm.
You could look for SS pipe screens, I recently purchased some of these in 1/2" for Bowle pods.
I try to link the 5/8" size (5/8"=.625 in.= 15.875mm (very close!), I think theses will work, hopefully you can get easy access to them, or similar.
Sorry, I am in US; the suggestion is to find appropriate screens that are sold for pipes.
I do like the more robust MV rimmed screen, but as @condition said, either will work in flexicone.
I use baskets in place of the glass cylinder thing
Okay, I got all my goodies, an accessories order from Spain, all but the Glass Starter Kit, which I went to Vaporific.ca for, and looks like I maybe didn't need to order at all.

Main things are the 2 different wpa's.
The one that is a single piece, all glass, will simply go on a flexicone+ (can be cut to short) and thence to your glass, So, a long whip to your big bong? or maybe a very minimal run to a bubbler or j-hook. Those are both less than optimal, for me, though I have yet to try - it might yield a better fit with the glass I happen to have.

The other wpa is the (nylon?) grey thing with green o-rings on it. I was all kinds of confused by the suggestion that you need the Glass starter kit in order to use this wpa; I ordered one of everything I could see...
The nylon wpa came with the glass tube that passes through it and with one modified flexicone for fitting those pieces into the lid, or, more precisely, the glass tube into the lid, then the wpa to slip on and friction fit snug onto the glass tube.
I did not need the glass insert (bigger glass tube from the Glass Starter Kit), though it would work, forming the "all glass" chamber & path desired.
I left the white (teflon?) sleeve in the MV and use a regular rimmed basket & rimmed screen, which is what @jasp3r was trying to tell me about, I think.

So, the Glass Starter Kit: I did not like using the glass chamber, mainly because it gets hot and stays hot, I was not seeing a way to do back-to-back chambers, handling the little glass tube or whatever - and the loose screens (including the one at bottom of chamber) make me not want to fuss.
The only pieces in the Glass Starter Kit are that big insert tube and then the same two parts that arrived with the nylon wpa (small glass tube and a modified flexicone). So, using basket screen and teflon insert, I can use the nylon wpa setup, did not need the Starter Kit.
(I understand that the Glass starter insert can change the quality of vapor, more conduction, etc.; I'm just less interested in that aspect, I guess.)

The Nylon wpa is weird. Unfortunately my (3) 14mm glass pieces (j-hooks and bubblers) are all inexpensive, less than perfect, and none fits well on the green o-rings of this wpa. Seal is good to go, there's just some wobble. I'm trying to understand why they didn't just make it exact same taper as Scientific glass and forgo the silicone rings...

I purchased a charger from Spain, taking a chance that dodgy connection was the fault a cord/plug and not the pins in the flat charging base. It was hard to tell, so I took a guess, and it has worked out, no question when I set it to charge, light goes reds and stays red until charge is complete. Great.
The charger has changed from the one illustrated (which is what I had), you guys prolly know this already. It is now a single cord coming from the adapter, the adapter plugging straight to outlet now (think "wall wart").
The cord setup is less than 1/2 its previous overall length (now about 1 meter), so I don't see it being comfortable when trying to use the vape as a plug-in if I were to get that adapter.

In summary, I'm liking the nylon wpa, It gives a nearly direct to j-hook connection (less than perfect fit, but acceptable). Using with medium baskets/teflon insert.

I absolutely love that I can fill a basket and then sit with my honey for 10 to 20 minutes or more and luxuriate with this super-flavorful, super smooth vape.

Been rotating between the MV and the Bowle, still inclined to give the Bowle slightly better review on flavor/smooth/cool/etc, but it is very close, maybe simply different and not better? Maybe I have not fully realized what the MV can do...

Techmob

Do any of you own a mighty or mighty plus by any chance
i been using Minivap for years and as you know terps are hits are amazing
got the mighty plus first time and it tastes equivalent to Red on Minivap
surely it can’t be so far off the Minivap for terps

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yea Mighty is shit compared to MiniVAP. They just totally different in many ways as well. Definitely a downgrade. I hope you didn't buy one or that you can return it.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Razhumikin

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Think I’ll just have to stick with it.
just seems to toast the bud and Produce big clouds. I’d rather the flavour at first
Maybe look into the metal mouthpiece, might help with the flavor. Though as a conduction device and being pretty good at that it leaves little for the tastebuds. We're getting off topic though, I'm sure over at the mighty thread they have more advise on how to maximize taste!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Techmob

Maybe look into the metal mouthpiece, might help with the flavor. Though as a conduction device and being pretty good at that it leaves little for the tastebuds. We're getting off topic though, I'm sure over at the mighty thread they have more advise on how to maximize taste!
Ye cheers
just really hits home how blessed i have been with the Minivap
maintenace free and amazing taste

MinnBobber

The Mighty is more convenient size for portable use but vapor quality is well below MiniVAP.

I did experiment with removing Mighty cooling unit and using a Flexicone module with the small wire basket to fit its smaller chamber . This made it somewhat convection BUT still not in same league as MiniVAP.
I either used glass J hook on that Flexicone or connected to water piece.

Eventually sold all my Mightys.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Mighty is convenient on a road trip.
And easy to use.
Try lower temps and stepping up?
Do not expect nearly as many nice hits that go on and on. Mighty taste goes downhill faster.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Hello...I just stumbled across this on the internet today and well, it looks amazing. What else have I been missing in this category? I am glad to see this thread here.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hello...I just stumbled across this on the internet today and well, it looks amazing. What else have I been missing in this category? I am glad to see this thread here.
Hi, and welcome to FC.
The vaporizer forums are for chat about use of the specific vape named.
This one is exceptionally long, lots of info even if you just pick up 20 or 30 pages back...
There is an Ask FC forum where you can pose any open questions you'd like, I think that would be the better place to ask your question you'll get interesting answers, I'm sure!
But, in general, I suggest perusing FC for a while, cause the likely answer to 'what am I missing' is 'a lot' and this place is a treasure trove of helpful info.
Happy hunting

Dr. G

Old Resident
Hi, and welcome to FC.
The vaporizer forums are for chat about use of the specific vape named.
This one is exceptionally long, lots of info even if you just pick up 20 or 30 pages back...
There is an Ask FC forum where you can pose any open questions you'd like, I think that would be the better place to ask your question you'll get interesting answers, I'm sure!
But, in general, I suggest perusing FC for a while, cause the likely answer to 'what am I missing' is 'a lot' and this place is a treasure trove of helpful info.
Happy hunting
Thank you for the welcome...I totally understand when it comes to this vape! Its been around for awhile so, there is tons of info out and its the first time I ever heard of it! It never really gets mentioned in any of those reviews on Youtube...not like the others. I suppose what I meant was...that there is probably lots more out there that is super cool that I never get to see or will ever use. I guess the true question is really...what are you truly looking for? I have a few VAPES now and well, I tend to use one of them always. Why? ...it has the best airflow. I guess that is my thing because my first vape was the Firefly and I could not get anything out of that. That is just my experience...anyway, I will go back through these posts...thanks again.

Dr. G,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thank you for the welcome...I totally understand when it comes to this vape! Its been around for awhile so, there is tons of info out and its the first time I ever heard of it! It never really gets mentioned in any of those reviews on Youtube...not like the others. I suppose what I meant was...that there is probably lots more out there that is super cool that I never get to see or will ever use. I guess the true question is really...what are you truly looking for? I have a few VAPES now and well, I tend to use one of them always. Why? ...it has the best airflow. I guess that is my thing because my first vape was the Firefly and I could not get anything out of that. That is just my experience...anyway, I will go back through these posts...thanks again.
I will say, you landed atop a very nice vape! I recently came into mine and love its open air flow, cool hits and great flavor that goes on and on...

Choices

Better yet, tell us how you came to own a MiniVap! I never would have got one without getting my curiosity piqued by this website..,, BTW I love mine!

Choices,

Dr. G

Old Resident
I have not purchased this yet! I wish! I am sucking it all in...I went to their site and there are lots of options and I am trying to learn them all. I would love to get one soon. It truly seems to me that perhaps...I should have just bought this one! Yes, its lots of money but, I already invested in others...I do not use them. I just bring them out when friends are over.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have not purchased this yet! I wish! I am sucking it all in...I went to their site and there are lots of options and I am trying to learn them all. I would love to get one soon. It truly seems to me that perhaps...I should have just bought this one! Yes, its lots of money but, I already invested in others...I do not use them. I just bring them out when friends are over.
It not super fast on warmup, nor is is mini- but easy to load, very little cleaning, and did I mention delicious hits?
This is the guy who convinced me,

vapviking,
Top Bottom