• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I can't believe I did it, but I finally decided to post my Mestizo Delrin Adapter for sale... feels like pulling off a band-aid, but time to let someone enjoy it.

It is a super clean, tight fitting adapter for those seeking a water option. There is nothing fiddly about it, Mestizo is solid. I never understood why George never followed up with a similar design.

vapesnake

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue. When I turn on my minivap, the battery light quickly drops from green to yellow (or from yellow to red). The unit fails to heat up and the temperature light just keeps blinking until I reset by pulling the battery. Sometimes, it takes several resets to get the unit working properly, at which point the battery light will show the correct charge level.

I've noticed the unit seems to be buzzing/whining louder than normal during these episodes (it whines all the time now, btw) though it could just be my imagination. However, the problem is real and seems to be getting worse.

Hi all, new forum member here but not new to vaping. Had to sign up after reading this post above from @bigmouth -- I have a very similar issue with my MiniVap. It's definitely my favorite vape but these issues have really put a dampener on it.

I think it's something to do with the contacts, the battery seems to still charge. I don't suppose anyone ever had similar symptoms or trouble getting the vape to power on and found a way to resolve it without RMA?

vapesnake,
Reactions: BigJr48

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I haven't been using mine since my 1 flexicone+ inside is covered with the sticky. And that tube is just not so appealing to clean lol and glass starter kit is stil unavailable in Europe :( unfortunately.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: BigJr48

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

They've listed a new glass adapter that pairs with the glass starter kit and connects through the lid. If working as advertised this should really clean up the vapor path and make it easy to use with glass: https://www.minivap.com/product/mv-adapter-for-glass/ (under options, pick the lid one)

Edit: might actually just be the nylon printed one that was mentioned already

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I haven't been using mine since my 1 flexicone+ inside is covered with the sticky. And that tube is just not so appealing to clean lol and glass starter kit is stil unavailable in Europe :( unfortunately.
Do I understand you correctly, you shelved your MV because you don't want to clean your lid?

Do you usually retire vapes after they get dirty?

FlyingLow,

Razhumikin

Hi all, new forum member here but not new to vaping. Had to sign up after reading this post above from @bigmouth -- I have a very similar issue with my MiniVap. It's definitely my favorite vape but these issues have really put a dampener on it.

I think it's something to do with the contacts, the battery seems to still charge. I don't suppose anyone ever had similar symptoms or trouble getting the vape to power on and found a way to resolve it without RMA?
Sorry just saw this post, yes i had a similar issue with my minivap, its because one of the pins that establish contact has likely broken and its having triuble maintaining a connection to the battery. Contact Jorge and he should be able to fix it, when that happened to me he fixed it for free, i just had to pay for shipping.

Razhumikin,
Reactions: cosimo

Dargin B

I prefer using the delta adapter over the new glass one. Either my battery died or it’s not making a proper connection, so I’ve only been using it from time to time with the power puck. I never got an email response about the battery, so I gotta reach out again.

MinnBobber

Connection issues:
Before seeking warranty work with a connection issue, please be aware that the connectors are tiny and they can sometimes use a little jiggle help.
Twist and lock in place. They need to align perfectly as they are so small.

One of my units can twist on a little too far, where nubs do not perfectly align … takes a softer twist .

condition

Received my MV core upgraded from teflon to glass/radiation. I am happy with the change. The draw is easier and feels totally unrestricted. I found the best way that suits me is thought flexicone+ cut in half and with the default black plastic mouthpiece.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I recently came into a lightly used 4yr old Minivap, teflon, been trying to skim the pages here and view some of the recents, but it is a daunting 340 pages...

I'm already appreciating the laid-back nature of this vape, no hurry for a time-out or (much) worry about battery. I had a 25 minute pink/green session this morning with the larger (is that the Medium?) basket., probably 15+ hits, all pretty tasty.
These long sessions can knock you on your ass. As if folks here didn't know!

My options have been plastic mouthpiece on the cap/flexcone (meh) or the flexcone+ whip thingy :tup:
But I have on order from Spain the two different glass adapters (though I must say I'm confused about how they mount/function). Not sure if either of these is that nylon covered thing, but one definitely said It needs the "glass starter kit" to mount, nowhere to be seen on the Hermes site, but I can order from Vaporific.ca

I think ideally I'm looking for an all glass option for use with 14mm j hook. Looks like I may have to go with 18mm. idk.

My usual approach with a new vape has been to jump in and try things, only later getting the better advice from friends on FC, and being frustrated that I didn't come here first.
So here I go again.... got shit on order I don't even know wtf it is! (it all started with wanting to replace the charge cord with new)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I recently came into a lightly used 4yr old Minivap, teflon, been trying to skim the pages here and view some of the recents, but it is a daunting 340 pages...

I'm already appreciating the laid-back nature of this vape, no hurry for a time-out or (much) worry about battery. I had a 25 minute pink/green session this morning with the larger (is that the Medium?) basket., probably 15+ hits, all pretty tasty.

My options have been plastic mouthpiece on the cap/flexcone (meh) or the flexcone+ whip thingy :tup:
But I have on order from Spain the two different glass adapters (though I must say I'm confused about how they mount/function). Not sure if either of these is that nylon covered thing, but one definitely said It needs the "glass starter kit" to mount, nowhere to be seen on the Hermes site, but I can order from Vaporific.ca

I think ideally I'm looking for an all glass option for use with 14mm j hook. Looks like I may have to go with 18mm. idk.

My usual approach with a new vape has been to jump in and try things, only later getting the better advice from friends on FC, and being frustrated that I didn't come here first.
So here I go again.... got shit on order I don't even know wtf it is! (it all started with wanting to replace the charge cord with new)

Yeah the one called lid adapter is the nylon one. If you pair it with glass starter kit you get you the setup @Manako_ posted couple posts up.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: vapviking

condition

hey Viking, the glass starter kit is actually very easy to use and it appears on the minivap website here
As for usage, you remove the white teflon cylinder from the loading chamber and replace it with the glass cylinder. Then the glass stem through a cut flexicone.
Then you can attach the nylon wpa to the glass stem, or draw directly from the glass.

Personally I switched from the convection core to the radiation core for easier drawing and I use the small capsules since. But when I used the convection core, I preferred medium size capsules and long flexicone+ cut in half. At the mouth end of the flexicone+ I was attaching half mouthpiece or the glass stem (from the starter kit). Never felt the need for JHook or draw through water.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
hey Viking, the glass starter kit is actually very easy to use and it appears on the minivap website here
As for usage, you remove the white teflon cylinder from the loading chamber and replace it with the glass cylinder. Then the glass stem through a cut flexicone.
Then you can attach the nylon wpa to the glass stem, or draw directly from the glass.
I am confused, now I've received the Glass Starter kit plus a few rimless screens (no wpa yet, just the glass kit).
I see from the MV site (the link you listed) that the instruction says to fit a rimless screen into the silicone piece before inserting the glass, with herb contained in it.
But what is holding the herb from dropping out of the otehr end of the glass and into the chamber, there's no screen at the bottom of the glass starter kit?
We don't use the rimmed basket screens inside this glass either, right? Or can we?

vapviking,

jasp3r

I am confused, now I've received the Glass Starter kit plus a few rimless screens (no wpa yet, just the glass kit).
I see from the MV site (the link you listed) that the instruction says to fit a rimless screen into the silicone piece before inserting the glass, with herb contained in it.
But what is holding the herb from dropping out of the otehr end of the glass and into the chamber, there's no screen at the bottom of the glass starter kit?
We don't use the rimmed basket screens inside this glass either, right? Or can we?
I put a flat rimmed disc screen on top of it like you would in a normal flexicone!

condition

Confirm that the glass cylinder is bottomless. The main unit's screen will keep the herb from reaching the heating element. Similar to Tinymight operation.

condition,
Reactions: vapviking
Top Bottom