• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I've figured out a way to get the glass kit to become a WPA just by putting the Supreme Grommets on it
Sounds good, though I'd still have to find a way to get the glass starter kit. Curious that that's also not offered on their official site while I did see it on vaporific.ca. I actually am not familiar with the supreme grommets. Is there a specific size you can share with me and where you purchased it?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

SeatownHaze

I don't like the sound of this. They never even responded to my mail asking about the wpa. Hope to be able to use the one I purchased on 420 with a well working wpa soon. Kind of amazing that a company that's this long in business with a device that retains a similar form factor doesn't have a solid solution for this yet. Gonna have to fuck with flexicone plus lol and here I was mailing with OGB about a custom glass piece...
Yea I'm surprised there's no solid wpa yet too. They have been talking about it (and a smaller battery) since 2013 according to posts in this thread.

@jasp3r is the wpa that you received a 3D printed part or molded nylon?

Anyone replaced the cells in their battery pack? Or opened one up to see how difficult it would be? I know minivap will do it but curious if anyone's gone the DIY route.

SeatownHaze,

jasp3r

Yea I'm surprised there's no solid wpa yet too. They have been talking about it (and a smaller battery) since 2013 according to posts in this thread.

@jasp3r is the wpa that you received a 3D printed part or molded nylon?

Anyone replaced the cells in their battery pack? Or opened one up to see how difficult it would be? I know minivap will do it but curious if anyone's gone the DIY route.
Honestly no clue. It looks like the wpa is modeled nylon and the clip it comes with is 3d printed

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Mod Edit: Mr Ferrari claims today (4/29/22) that all items ordered were received. He was mistaken.
I received my MiniVAP from Vapefully today, unfortunately I haven't been able to try it out yet as my order was delivered incompletely... Some extras I had ordered along with the MV were missing as well as the accessory kit and the lid of the device. The MV came in an open box so yeah that whole experience isn't exactly what I was hoping for. I sent them an email, hopefully they'll fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasp3r

I received my MiniVAP from Vapefully today, unfortunately I haven't been able to try it out yet as my order was delivered incompletely... Some extras I had ordered along with the MV were missing as well as the accessory kit and the lid of the device. The MV came in an open box so yeah that whole experience isn't exactly what I was hoping for. I sent them an email, hopefully they'll fix it.
I was also missing accessories. Bummed to hear this was a repeatable action

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Actually upon second look the starter kit (accessories) and the lid were tucked away in a side pocket of the camera bag the unit came packed in. Meaning I only miss the part of my order besides the MV, the MV itself is complete. (I was afraid it was just a bag filled with leftover items approaching the battery kit offered on MV site lol. At least I can start using it now.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Okay so yesterday I put the device through some burn cycles but my first session tasted rather unpleasant. I blame the flexicone plus I've been using. Design wise it's a well enough solution for inhalation, it just leaves the expected foul smell/taste.

This does get less bad over use, but for me it still kinda ruins the experience. Can't wait for a nice and stabile wpa, the device is begging for it. I think even with a straight glass straw mouthpiece it would cool well enough for me, let alone if you add some dimples and angles.

I have the glass core, but I get the idea the temp of the heat chamber doesn't get close to that of say a Mighty. So I don't get that feeling my herb is toasting away for nothing.

The airflow is actually really nice when paired with the flexicone plus. Open and smooth yet easy to keep intake volume manageable for the lungs. Because volume it offers. At the lowest temp it takes a little effort to produce nice clouds, but once you step it up it gets so easy. I get many clouds on all 4 temps (using the medium bowl, that's just an awesome size for me). For me this glass core MiniVAP would probably benefit from the 7 temps. I will maybe look into the possibility of upgrading that.

These first experiences make my interest in the Teflon core even higher. Bit of shame though that the convection quality seems to suffer a bit if you want it to get working properly, i.e. with an adapter joint, as that nylon one they'll hopefully release requires the glass kit installed...

AVB got darkish brown but nowhere near the semi charred material some other vapes produce. With better cooling and proper technique the MV should allow this as well of course. I noticed the top ~15% of the basket remained a bit lighter, but I don't feel the need to steer.

Despite the delivery system options being sub par the vape does definitely deliver on the points I mentioned in my AskFC thread, so I'm happy with my purchase, especially since I got it for cheap and I don't depend on it. Just have to wait a bit for the nylon wpa to drop, thought it was already available when I bought the vape haha.

When I tried it yesterday it was at the end of my day so the herb was already on level in my system. It was a bit harder to judge its capabilities. This morning I took it for a wake and bake session though and boy does it deliver. Really nice to come at a good high in one session/load.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

jasp3r

These first experiences make my interest in the Teflon core even higher. Bit of shame though that the convection quality seems to suffer a bit if you want it to get working properly, i.e. with an adapter joint, as that nylon one they'll hopefully release requires the glass kit installed...
I use the glass kit with basket screens. Didn't like the glass bowl thingy

SeatownHaze

noticed the top ~15% of the basket remained a bit lighter, but I don't feel the need to steer.
Interesting, I just noticed this on the FAQ for improving extraction:

For the highest density, the basket must be packed and filled to the brim, but it will be harder to inhale and the top of the plant won’t be extracted completely.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I wanted to buy the delta studios wpa to use like @monochord71 does (with flexicone+), until MV comes out with their own nylon wpa. Unfortunately it's really costly to have it shipped over, and I'd have import duties coming on top of that as well. Now delta studios also offers these universal wpa's, these I could acquire for a more reasonable price as it's in stock by some EU retailers. I was wondering if it might work if you pair their universal wpa with the glass kit. I don't think it'll work for j-hooks, but with bubblers might be plenty stable?

Also Vapefully asked me to check the box and paper filling again for missing items and indeed they were stuck in there. So my disappointment with them that I voiced earlier was totally uncalled for :$

Pea_Oh_Tea

I was wondering if it might work if you pair their universal wpa with the glass kit. I don't think it'll work for j-hooks, but with bubblers might be plenty stable?
I was very happy with the glass kit and a Sneaky Pete Master Adapter which is very similar to the Delta 3D Universal. You are right that it's not as stable as I would prefer when using a J-hook but it works flawlessly with bubblers. The new MV Nylon WPA, which is designed to be used with the glass kit, is rigid and supports a J-hook without any concerns about stability.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I was very happy with the glass kit and a Sneaky Pete Master Adapter which is very similar to the Delta 3D Universal. You are right that it's not as stable as I would prefer when using a J-hook but it works flawlessly with bubblers. The new MV Nylon WPA, which is designed to be used with the glass kit, is rigid and supports a J-hook without any concerns about stability.
You mean this item right? https://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/the-master-adapter?variant=23579012694097

The nylon one isn't ready to be released yet. Glass kit is also hard (impossible?) to get by in EU right now lol...

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Pea_Oh_Tea

Yep - that's the adapter I'm talking about and there are a couple MV nylon adapters floating around I am certain. I bought some accessories from Vaporific when they refreshed inventory (including the new WPA) so maybe they can sell and send some glass kits your way? Dunno if they'll ship to EU but they also appear to have the new WPA in stock still/again, dunno.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yep - that's the adapter I'm talking about and there are a couple MV nylon adapters floating around I am certain. I bought some accessories from Vaporific when they refreshed inventory (including the new WPA) so maybe they can sell and send some glass kits your way? Dunno if they'll ship to EU but they also appear to have the new WPA in stock still/again, dunno.
Yeah but I believe another member mentioned they couldn't get it to work? I asked vapirific, they said they wouldn't ship to EU unfortunately. Thanks for the heads up though!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Pea_Oh_Tea

Darn - sorry about the shipping restrictions! You might also "get away" with an adapter such as the Delta3D or Sneaky Pete and a Flexicone+ with a bubbler in the meantime but it will be wiggly and fiddly.... When I got my MV, the existing 14mm glass WPA did not fit as expected due to a change in the glass thickness and it drove me nuts! I got help from @Razhumikin and a couple of other folks figuring out that I wasn't crazy and eventually ended up with a workable setup.

Photos of the new WPA/glass kit for those curious or otherwise...

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Haha yeah I read through recent years of this thread and came across your post figuring out the wpa. Glad the setup with the nylon wpa is working well for you, it looks great like that, also stable enough for use with j-hook?

I'll pick up one of those master adapters and try and somehow source the glass starter kit. I'll send MiniVAP another mail. Thanks for helping out!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: BigJr48

SeatownHaze

Darn - sorry about the shipping restrictions! You might also "get away" with an adapter such as the Delta3D or Sneaky Pete and a Flexicone+ with a bubbler in the meantime but it will be wiggly and fiddly.... When I got my MV, the existing 14mm glass WPA did not fit as expected due to a change in the glass thickness and it drove me nuts! I got help from @Razhumikin and a couple of other folks figuring out that I wasn't crazy and eventually ended up with a workable setup.

Photos of the new WPA/glass kit for those curious or otherwise...
@jasp3r was saying that his nylon WPA from vaporific didn't seal. Do you have any problems with sealing? I'm curious how the glass tube seals to the inside of the nylon WPA piece.

SeatownHaze,

Pea_Oh_Tea

No problems with sealing at all -- it's a friction fit and the OD of the glass stem and ID of the Nylon WPA match perfectly. The base of the WPA has an opening that also friction fits the raised ring on the top side of the MV cap.

jasp3r

No problems with sealing at all -- it's a friction fit and the OD of the glass stem and ID of the Nylon WPA match perfectly. The base of the WPA has an opening that also friction fits the raised ring on the top side of the MV cap.
Hmm interesting. I find that once you attach the clip it get's signfigantly more secure, but if I hold upside down and shake it 8/10 it will fall off. Obviously not a huge problem but not preferred.

Now that you mention the OD of the glass stem, I am using one of the beta glass stems, even though they look the same to the new productions ones I'm wondering if the OD changed at all between the two version. They look identical but who knows. Will try next time I have a MV session.

Pea_Oh_Tea

No issues with the WPA falling off and I don't use the 3D-printed clip. Certainly possible that glass sizing might be a bit different which may help explain. I received my first glass kit with an order I placed in January and a second more recently -- both work the same.

Pea_Oh_Tea,

jasp3r

No issues with the WPA falling off and I don't use the 3D-printed clip. Certainly possible that glass sizing might be a bit different which may help explain. I received my first glass kit with an order I placed in January and a second more recently -- both work the same.
Strange so definitely we have same batches of glass. The wpa fits securely without the clip? Even if you hold upside down and give it a little shake?

jasp3r,

Pea_Oh_Tea

Strange so definitely we have same batches of glass. The wpa fits securely without the clip? Even if you hold upside down and give it a little shake?
Yep, without any question, if fits properly. I can make a video if that's helpful(?) I got my Nylon WPA from Vaporific FWIW.

Pea_Oh_Tea,

jasp3r

Yep, without any question, if fits properly. I can make a video if that's helpful(?) I got my Nylon WPA from Vaporific FWIW.
Interesting. Maybe @Vaporific.ca Can chime in here?

Also, how are you using the WPA. The reason i ask is because using it with a bong works fine with the adapter if it's wedged in a 14mm joint.

But with a hook on it, it slides around literally. 360 degree spinning of the hook if you just let go and then gonna drop it off the device.

Pea_Oh_Tea

I insert the WPA into the 14mm female joint but it stays on the glass stem when I remove it from the bubbler unless I've pushed it in to the joint too hard.The 14mm j-hook I use doesn't move a bit (well, if I spin the j-hook, the hook and WPA turn around the glass stem. I'm using one of the small colored j-hooks that Rogue Wax has been selling and it's great with the MV. Much lighter than the piece in your photo I'm pretty sure.

Top Bottom