MiniVAP Vaporizer

condition

Any updates on when these signature WPAs will release?
The new WPA has been released here https://www.minivap.com/product/mv-adapter-for-glass/

Now to the "Glass Starter Kit" as shown here https://www.minivap.com/mv-glass-starter-kit/
I haven't found available for order yet.
However I have tried it, as Jorge included it in a recent order. I removed the teflon cylinder with a screwdriver as per video instructions and attached the trimmed flexicone with the glass pieces on the lid. Very easy process but however the "signature" taste of Minivap was not present, not bad but not what I have experienced previously. Also the glass as a MP was getting hot after couple of seconds of each draw (as it should).

Nevertheless I am very happy with my purchase and if a discount will be applicable on 4/20, I will hit the Glass Core for the convection-radiation effect

Finessseee

The new WPA has been released here https://www.minivap.com/product/mv-adapter-for-glass/

Now to the "Glass Starter Kit" as shown here https://www.minivap.com/mv-glass-starter-kit/
I haven't found available for order yet.
However I have tried it, as Jorge included it in a recent order. I removed the teflon cylinder with a screwdriver as per video instructions and attached the trimmed flexicone with the glass pieces on the lid. Very easy process but however the "signature" taste of Minivap was not present, not bad but not what I have experienced previously. Also the glass as a MP was getting hot after couple of seconds of each draw (as it should).

Nevertheless I am very happy with my purchase and if a discount will be applicable on 4/20, I will hit the Glass Core for the convection-radiation effect
Good to know! Reached out to Hermes and he also mentioned that the new accessories should be available for purchase by the end of March

Finessseee,
Reactions: condition

Finessseee

Those of you who own both cores... do you have two fully kitted MiniVAPs (with an extra power puck / battery) or just the extra core itself and swap between one singular MV kit?

condition

Bought a teflon core with a battery, and glass core with ac puck. That being said, wish I got an extra battery.
Please comment on the teflon-glass difference and which you prefer. Is the difference noticable?
Also why you wish you have bought the extra battery? As I already have the ac converter but never used it.

sweerpotato

I have a 14mm j-hook and the official MV WPA, my problem is the connection is too wobbly,
I have to carefully hold the j-hook or the weight of it will disconnect the Flexicone from the WPA.
Am I using it wrong or should I try a different WPA / glass piece combination?

sweerpotato,

ddash

Has anyone seen the minivap on sale for 4/20 in the past? I emailed asking if they would have a 4/20 sale this year and received a reply saying that there were no plans for a 4/20 sale due to inflation so wondering if I should just pull the trigger now to buy one.

ddash,

GoldenBud

Please comment on the teflon-glass difference and which you prefer. Is the difference noticable?
As far as I know, I don't own a minivap but was very close to make a purchase, the Glass Teflon core can bring better taste and clouds. It's considered as the most enjoyable sessin vape in the market, and also I'd seen a video that I can't find, from reddit, a Minivap with inverted Jhook on 245c I think, it was enormous cloud...So I think it is considered also as a better one-hitter.
The Glass core can bring almost the same results with small feeling of conduction, so the taste is not like the Glass Teflon and the clouds seems to be not as huge as the Glass Teflon core

GoldenBud,
Reactions: condition

monochord71

Just helping out @jasp3r :
I don’t get it?
I think that he meant to link this comment:

There’s a LOT of overlap between them, but here’s what I’ve found (so far) to be the main differences:
The glass core is hybrid heating so it does slowly cook your herb regardless if you inhale or not, you can have longer sessions with the Teflon core and take your time between hits.
The Teflon core is pure convection, so it won’t produce vapor until you’ve primed it with a few long deep inhales. Glass core gives up the goods immediately, but also extracts faster.
The Teflon core heats up faster and reaches thermal stability quicker. When you take a big hit off of it, the light takes noticeably less time to stop flashing. I got the 7-temperature Teflon core, and temp-stepping is great with it, it moves quickly and doesn’t cook while you wait. I don’t miss those intermediate settings on the glass core, since I zero in on a specific temperature and stay there for the duration when I’m using it.
The AC puck speeds up the glass core thermal recovery and heat up time. The Teflon core’s speed doesn’t seem change much wether you’re on battery or AC, at least not that I’ve noticed.
They both have outstanding flavor and vapor production, but just as advertised the Teflon leans towards flavor lingering a bit longer, and the glass gives more vapor density, and gives it to you faster.
I’ve had a couple of deliciously long and languorous wake’n’bakes with the Teflon core and some awesome tasting pineapple haze, lounging around on my couch in a bathrobe with my coffee like a lazy-ass sultan. When I use the glass core it pummels the bejesus out of me on high temp in a couple of massive flamethrower hits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporific_ca/comments/s1l3se/_/hsatf0u

monochord71

Those of you who own both cores... do you have two fully kitted MiniVAPs (with an extra power puck / battery) or just the extra core itself and swap between one singular MV kit?
Just the two cores, but I have both ac and battery. I really only use the battery with the teflon core. Always ac with the glass.

monochord71,
Reactions: jasp3r

Djsleepy

Bummed out I was gonna get the single model where plug and go with starter kit and they no longer have it on website.; you can get the “base” and add everything but then it’s more than a portable! Hope it’s not forever and just temporary!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I'm planning on buying one of these, just doing some latest research before biting the bullet. I read here that the Teflon and glass cores are user interchangeable. Is this correct? Also I read about some sales, like at 4/20. Is this in the MV store here in EU, or is it the CA/US retailer, or maybe both?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

condition

I'm planning on buying one of these, just doing some latest research before biting the bullet. I read here that the Teflon and glass cores are user interchangeable. Is this correct? Also I read about some sales, like at 4/20. Is this in the MV store here in EU, or is it the CA/US retailer, or maybe both?
The cores are interchangeable and the manufacturer is in Spain.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I'm so disappointed :disgust:, I won't be joining you MiniVAP guys and gals this 420 like I was anticipating. I had a leak in my house during a winter thaw, most like likely it was just some ice build up under the shingles since it only happened once and there was more snow and thaws after the leak happened but we are going to have to call someone in to check. needless to say my money is better spent there than on vaping right now, I'm probably even going to have to give up my spot on the toad list which should be coming up and ask to be knocked to the back of the list:(. but even if I had the money it seems I wouldn't have been able to grab my 7 temp teflon core this 420 anyway since even though its been months since vaporific said they had a order in with MiniVAP to receive stock but still nothing has materialized. seems MiniVAP doesn't take care of their retailers????

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I haven't been in contact with him since I informed him of the pricing errors on the site, some time ago. why are you interested? not that I have a direct line to him or anything, I'm just curious

Bad Dog,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

there were photos with the WPA, I think it was Teflon, it was not glass, and it connected right to the lid without any hose in between
Were you referring to this:

New Accessories MiniVAP (II): Water Pipe Adapters (WPAs) Minivap Blog
Date: 25/01/2022
Key words: water pipe, wpa, glass adapter.
The so-called WPA (water pipe adapter or adapters for water pipe) provide a connection to your glassware such as: pipes, hydration tubes (Hydratube®), humidifiers (bubblers), etc. They have a conical shape and their measurements are standardized for a reliable and watertight connection.
We have renewed the design of the 14MM glass adapter and added a 14MM to 18MM adapter, also made of glass.

But there is also a new design: an adapter / WPA for the lid. You will get a fast and direct connection with Hook-up type tools or vertical bubblers on your MiniVAP core.
Adapter/WPA for MV Flexicone+
Please note that there are changes. The inlet outer diameter of the new glass adapter is thicker (10MM, previously 8MM) for better grip when attached to a flexicone+ tube. Do not try to install it from the hole in the cover to a flexicone because it may crack the plastic in the cover. Keep reading…

Adapter/WPA for MV Lid
I have to thank @Ed’s_TnT and @stickstones from the FuckCombustion forum for developing this piece. They brought me the first WPA for the MiniVAP lid: a nice piece made of 18MM wood that fit perfectly on the lid. With the help of @jardri we have perfected the dimensions so that, using a vertical humidifier (Hydratube® type), it fits like a glove on the top of the lid.
To use this new accessory. You must have the glass catcher installed and the flexicone cut on the inside of the lid. You will find the explanation in the previous post “New Accessories MiniVAP (I) Accessories: Glass Starter Kit”

Insert the WPA by inserting its thicker end through the straight part of the collector that protrudes from the cap. Make the stop until the base of the WPA rests on the lid. You will notice some hardness because a firm grip is necessary to prevent movement and retain the piece. This prevents it from coming out and remaining inserted in the bubbler connection.

The WPA is made of nylon, using a technology called: additive manufacturing. The externa texture is a bit rough but mechanically, it is a very solid and almost unbreakable material.
The second option that we offer to use this piece is as a standard glass adapter connected to the tubular end of a flexicone+.
Let's do it!
Insert a collector inside the WPA, leaving the tapered part at the narrow end of the WPA. You will see that the straight part of the manifold sticks out, connect the end of the flexicone+ here. You are now ready to connect to your tool and enjoy the flavor.
Insert a collector inside the WPA, leaving the tapered part at the narrow end of the WPA. You will see that the straight part of the manifold sticks out through the bottom of the WPA; connect the edge of the flexicone+ here.
You are now ready to connect to your water tools and enjoy the flavor

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Top Bottom