MiniVAP Vaporizer

Kommyknocker

• FAQ’S & RECOMMENDATIONS
¿Equivalence between Colors and setting?
Front light Temperature setting
BLUE 190ºC
PINK 200ºC
GREEN 210ºC
RED 225ºC
Rear/back light Battery level
GREEN(max) up to 180 minutes
ORANGE(medium) 60-90 minutes
RED(low) < 30 minutes
¿Why using the basket or liquid pad?
First reason is about cleanless, it will be easier for you to clean these rather than the loading chamber everytime you use the vaporizer.
Second. We recommend the use of both for extracts or oils. The fusion point of these substancies are ussually low so they will drop into the bottom of the vaporizer getting dirt easily.

¿How to use the basket or liquid pad?
If you want to use the basket, remember that this need more heat to warm up it and be able make a proper extraction.
For the best extraction, we recommend to set the temperature on Green or Red.

¿How to clean the loading chamber?
The walls of the loading chamber are made from anti-adherent material. Depending on the plant you vaporize, some sticky substances (like oils or other solid particles) could get(:lol: I hate getting stack. Don't you?)stack in it.
We recommend to clean the vaporizer just before use it when the loading chamber is still warm. This will help to clean it easily using the brush. If you forgot to do it, please, turn on the vaporizer, make a couple of inhalations to warm up the chamber and then it will be easier to clean it.

¿How can you take out the filter at the bottom of the loading chamber?
First, you must take out the tube around the chamber with the handle of a tea spoon, don't use the points of a scissors or screew because you will scrach the loading chamber. Place the point of the handled at the bottom of the chamber and press up to extract the filter. Now you can change the filter or take out the other ring around the chamber to change the filter of the bottom. Clean the two pieces you took out, replace or put all the cleaned parts back and enjoy your new vaporizer.

¿Do you have more question? Do you want to give us a suggestion?
If you don't find the answer to your questions in the FAQ's or you have an interesting suggestion about the miniVAP, please fill the form. We will try to answer ASAP.

... Off the euro support section.

About the cap.
Hermes go home! You're drunk.

Last edited:

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I'm having the same issue with the ligh, the moment I hook up the battery it starts warming up, I don't have a problem with that, what I have a problem with is the battery, it goes from full charge to red in less than 30 minutes, is that normal? Even tho I vape on green or higher all the time?

Mine does the same thing. Battery doesn't stay green for more than 30 minutes ever.

lazylightning,
Reactions: dimmusp

Henry81

I'm having the same issue with the ligh, the moment I hook up the battery it starts warming up, I don't have a problem with that, what I have a problem with is the battery, it goes from full charge to red in less than 30 minutes, is that normal? Even tho I vape on green or higher all the time?
My battery light is a mystery to me as well. It is almost like it shows me the correct battery color at first, then it always goes to red. I know this is accurate with my particular unit because if it starts off red, it always dies mid session. This was discussed earlier in the thread with some other units as well. However I know I will get 5 long sessions using green and red temp settings only. I've considered another battery, but my unit operates fine.

lazylathe

Almost there...
The battery on my new unit seems to be working better (lasting longer) than my last name one!

I have only charged the unit once and have had numerous sessions that last about 20 minutes each and the battery has shown green throughout all sessions.

On the last session the battery started out green, then midway turned red for a few minutes and now it shows green again!

I also tried the decarb kit and found not too much of a difference. The biggest one for me was a slight flavor change and not for the better. It did cook the load more evenly and slightly darker.
I have gone back to the Teflon liner and the flavor is spot on again!
Strange as I can also easily lift this liner out with my small finger. Most seem to be extra tight.

I am also finding that this unit seems to run hotter than my last one. Green is quite a bit harsher but the flavor is so robust and delicious!!
Will have to try red one day!

Anyway, this thing is still amazing and I am so medicated off two small baskets!! Insane!!!

Oh and the battery indicator is still green!
Go figure! Lol!

EDIT: edited for numerous medication spelling errors that even spell check could not fix!

Last edited:

Sid

ugh!! Well at least it will function properly until they send you the right one. A second cap would be nice.

Yeah I'm pleased to eventually have the full package, but as you can probably imagine I'm really starting to wonder just what else can go wrong, I've not even had any form of apology for the terrible service, let alone any form of good will gesture, an extra flexi hose or something to acknowledge how much I've been messed around would have been nice! ~ If I operated my business like this I would have gone bust years ago!

sweetherb

Yeah I'm pleased to eventually have the full package, but as you can probably imagine I'm really starting to wonder just what else can go wrong, I've not even had any form of apology for the terrible service, let alone any form of good will gesture, an extra flexi hose or something to acknowledge how much I've been messed around would have been nice! ~ If I operated my business like this I would have gone bust years ago!

I have spent quite a lot of time in Spain over the years and have friends that still live there. Sadly, this is just what you get when it comes to customer service.

Smknbud

The battery on my new unit seems to be working better (lasting longer) than my last name one!

I also tried the decarb kit and found not too much of a difference. The biggest one for me was a slight flavor change and not for the better. It did cook the load more evenly and slightly darker.
I have gone back to the Silicone/Ultem liner and the flavor is spot on again!
Strange as I can also easily lift this liner out with my small finger. Most seem to be extra tight.

Oh and the battery indicator is still green!
Go figure! Lol!!

I changed your word Teflon to Silicone/Ultem liner, since that's what it really is made of.....and well, just because;) And I have quietly gone back to that configuration myself since I do agree the taste is a notch above the decarb kit metal liner.

My battery gives me typically four 10-15 minute Green then Red temp. sessions before the red battery light comes on. I've always figured the 'up to three hours battery' claim is based on using just the lowest Blue temperature setting. As we use hotter temperatures the battery life diminishes much quicker.

Tips for Li-Ion batteries:
1: Keep your batteries at room temperature
That means between 20 and 25 degrees C. The worst thing that can happen to a lithium-ion battery is to have a full charge and be subjected to elevated temperatures. So don't leave or charge your mobile device's battery in your car if it's hot out. Heat is by far the largest factor when it comes to reducing lithium-ion battery life.
2: Allow partial discharges and avoid full ones (usually)
Unlike NiCad batteries, lithium-ion batteries do not have a charge memory. That means deep-discharge cycles are not required. In fact, it's better for the battery to use partial-discharge cycles.

There is one exception. Battery experts suggest that after 30 charges, you should allow lithium-ion batteries to almost completely discharge. Continuous partial discharges create a condition called digital memory, decreasing the accuracy of the device's power gauge. So let the battery discharge to the cut-off point and then recharge. The power gauge will be recalibrated.
3: Avoid completely discharging lithium-ion batteries
If a lithium-ion battery is discharged below 2.5 volts per cell, a safety circuit built into the battery opens and the battery appears to be dead. The original charger will be of no use. Only battery analyzers with the boost function have a chance of recharging the battery.

Also, for safety reasons, do not recharge deeply discharged lithium-ion batteries if they have been stored in that condition for several months
4: For extended storage, discharge a lithium-ion battery to about 40 percent and store it in a cool place
I've always had an extra battery for my notebook, but it would never last as long as the original battery. I know now that it's because I was storing the battery fully charged. That means oxidation of lithium-ion is at its highest rate. Storing lithium-ion batteries at 40 percent discharge and in the refrigerator (not freezer) is recommended

Last edited:

mixchu69

I have spent quite a lot of time in Spain over the years and have friends that still live there. Sadly, this is just what you get when it comes to customer service.
I totally agree. A very laid back culture that doesn't prioritize work as the most thing in their life. I think Americans, since we are a consumer centric nation that values work above everything else. It's just a difference in cultures.

I ordered my silver minivap on thanksgiving and didn't receive it til mid December. The DHL ticket said it was ready to ship immediately but some problems came up. I have just accepted the situation because of the all the good reviews of minivap. I haven't tried mine yet (niece and nephew are sleeping at my house) til they leave at end of the year

mixchu69,
Reactions: dimmusp

Tab

Nerd
I have gone back to the Teflon liner and the flavor is spot on again!

For me, the benefit from a Decarb Kit is that you don`t need to pull that much to get Vapor like with the standard liner.
Sadly the taste is really a bit less immersive, but it`s relaxing the vaping progress.

Maybe I need to buy a second unit with the standard liner inside, then i could start with blue and pink temps for better taste and the Decarb kit for extracting everything out on green and red temps.

After a quite long time using it, never had any Problems with my MV and I`m really in love with it like on the first day:love:

Wish you all a good Christmas and relaxed holidays :zzz:

Last edited:

lazylightning

If a lithium-ion battery is discharged below 2.5 volts per cell, a safety circuit built into the battery opens and the battery appears to be dead. The original charger will be of no use. Only battery analyzers with the boost function have a chance of recharging the battery.

When I received my black MV, I put my battery on the charger and it showed green. I went ahead and used the battery, but it didn't last as long as I expected and died completely during a session. When I tried putting it on the charger, the light stayed green and wouldn't charge. It now appears dead.

It sounds like the battery's safety circuit might have been activated. Since it's been 12 days since I've heard back from Hermes, anyone have any ideas for recharging my battery?

lazylightning,

MinnBobber

LL,
did you jiggle it in the charging cradle?
Sometimes I set it in there, knowing it needs a charge and it is green.
Then a little jiggle, left, right,left and the red charging light comes on.

Mine didn't come charged so maybe you got a false green when you placed the new battery in the charger
and using it brought it below the safe point??
My new battery was placed in cradle and it was green until I jiggled it...

MinnBobber,

lazylightning

LL,
did you jiggle it in the charging cradle?
Sometimes I set it in there, knowing it needs a charge and it is green.
Then a little jiggle, left, right,left and the red charging light comes on.

Mine didn't come charged so maybe you got a false green when you placed the new battery in the charger
and using it brought it below the safe point??
My new battery was placed in cradle and it was green until I jiggled it...

It got jiggled over and over in every possible way. I'm familiar with the jiggle trick from charging my silver battery for a couple weeks. I do think the battery was well charged when I got it because the battery light was green for a while and it lasted a decent length of time...just not as long as my silver battery had been lasting.

lazylightning,

Smknbud

When I received my black MV, I put my battery on the charger and it showed green. I went ahead and used the battery, but it didn't last as long as I expected and died completely during a session. When I tried putting it on the charger, the light stayed green and wouldn't charge. It now appears dead.

It sounds like the battery's safety circuit might have been activated. Since it's been 12 days since I've heard back from Hermes, anyone have any ideas for recharging my battery?
Before you assume it's toast make sure the contact points on the bottom of the battery are clean along with those on the charger if you haven't already.

Smknbud,

lazylightning

Before you assume it's toast make sure the contact points on the bottom of the battery are clean along with those on the charger if you haven't already.

Yeah, everything is brand new and shiny. I know my way around electronics and have covered basic troubleshooting several times over. Just wondering if anyone has any specific knowledge about how to recharge one of these batteries after the safety circuit has been activated.

lazylightning,

MinnBobber

and that the contact points are centered in their hole as they appear to be the tiniest contact points known to mankind. It they are off 1/64", they don't line up properly. You can't fix that but at least
to know what the problem might be

lazylightning

and that the contact points are centered in their hole as they appear to be the tiniest contact points known to mankind. It they are off 1/64", they don't line up properly. You can't fix that but at least
to know what the problem might be

They sure are...MiniContacts!

lazylightning,

MinnBobber

From "experts"

The battery has been discharged to the point where one or more cells have reached about 2.5 volts and the protection circuit has disconnected the battery (which in this condition as sometimes called a "sleeping Li-ion").

Call some of the electronics repair and computer shops in the area, and ask if they have a shop charger with a "reactivate" function for Li-ion batteries, and a technician trained in its use.

Here are the precautions they should be aware of. First, if at all possible, the voltage on each cell should be checked to determine if any have fallen to 1.5 volts or less, because cells in that condition must NEVER be recharged. Second, after applying the boost voltage for just one minute (to reset the protection circuit), if any cell reads less than 3 volts, the battery should be discarded.

If the battery cannot be sufficiently disassembled to test the cell voltages, you can opt to perform a one-minute boost, and if the voltage is at least 3 times the number of cells (e.g., , 18 volts or more for a 6-cell battery), proceed with normal charging. When the battery is returned to use, however, it is important over the next week to check frequently for signs of overheating that indicates internal damage.

lazylathe

Almost there...
You could also use a radio control car/plane balancing charger/discharged/trickle charger to get it back up and running. The new programmable ones are pretty neat!

lazylightning

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced their battery dying sleeping like this? Is this something we all need to be careful of during regular daily use? If discharging past a certain point causes a safety circuit to open, shouldn't the MV automatically prevent discharge past that point to avoid this problem?

lazylightning,

Kommyknocker

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced their battery dying sleeping like this? Is this something we all need to be careful of during regular daily use? If discharging past a certain point causes a safety circuit to open, shouldn't the MV automatically prevent discharge past that point to avoid this problem?
Yeah X2 on this..
Never realised there was so much going on that magic cylinder I attach to the bottom of my Core. :ugh::razz:

Kommyknocker,

lazylightning

From Homer's Odyssey:

"Hermes, god of Cyllene, called the souls of the suitors to him. In his hand he held the beautiful golden wand which he used at will to close the eyes of humans or to waken them from sleep."

1997751.jpg

Kommyknocker

Started using an led mini torch up against the side of my WT can.
Vape o'clock at my finger tips.
The torch I'm using is pretty bright but was cheap as :shit: so am looking now into a little 2000 lumens number.
There's probably a sweet spot for placement on each individual tool for maximum visual impact..
Actually, thinking about it, I've yet to try this in a darkened room. :haw:

Top Bottom