Minivap (Glass Core) or Tinymight?

goldfinger

I have a mighty+, kind of interested in getting a vape that hits harder but is still a portable. I feel like both of these vapes have fiercely loyal owners with zero overlap, so I have had bad luck in getting a response but is one straight-up better? I get that Minivap is more session-based, and Tinymight is more of a heavy hitter, but still wondering.

FWIW, my personal preference is easy and hassle-free, but is the performance difference is big enough, I'm willing to invite some hassle. I have a Dynavap and basically won't use it because it's too finnicky and I dislike how easy it is to combust.

Any recommendations?

goldfinger,

justcametomind

You already have a session portable, big enough that it’s not so portable. You may prefer the MiniVAP to the Mighty but I think that the TM would be a better choice if you don’t have any other on demand vape. Mind that the TM doesn’t work very well with capsules or loads heavier than a 0.1/0.15g.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Want to replace Mighty with something similar (session) but better, go with MiniVAP (more convection, tastier, swappable batteries as well as wall adapter, mostly glass vapor path option*). Looking for a device to complement your Mighty, go with TM no doubt as it way more use compared to the other combo plus it's like you said also one of the best vapes out there.

*these are advantages TM has over Mighty as well, it's just that MV specifically shines as a session device

I have a MiniVAP myself and I love it for sessions, which is why I bought it as I was mainly doing chilled out sessions. That said I been fucking around a bit with water pieces and glass and shit and I think TM would have brought me a lot of joy as well. It's a tough call. Portability side to me is pretty clear though, MiniVAP with its TEOTWAWKI battery pack is not something I like to carry around while vaping. For going from room to room to garden though it's ideal.

goldfinger

You already have a session portable, big enough that it’s not so portable. You may prefer the MiniVAP to the Mighty but I think that the TM would be a better choice if you don’t have any other on demand vape. Mind that the TM doesn’t work very well with capsules or loads heavier than a 0.1/0.15g.

I don't use capsules, so that's fine. Honestly, my vision is probably to sell the Mighty if I get a replacement because I'm not that big on keeping a million vapes, so my choice is more revolving around which is strictly better. I haven't really put a lot of thought into the advantages of a session vs. an on-demand vape. I just kinda figured that they were both similar enough, where on-demand gets you zooted now and session gets you zooted in a few minutes lmao. I should say this - I don't really care about portability. It needs to be portable enough to take it around the house and leave a reasonably-sized footprint on my desk.

Want to replace Mighty with something similar (session) but better, go with MiniVAP (more convection, tastier, swappable batteries as well as wall adapter, mostly glass vapor path option*). Looking for a device to complement your Mighty, go with TM no doubt as it way more use compared to the other combo plus it's like you said also one of the best vapes out there.

*these are advantages TM has over Mighty as well, it's just that MV specifically shines as a session device

I have a MiniVAP myself and I love it for sessions, which is why I bought it as I was mainly doing chilled out sessions. That said I been fucking around a bit with water pieces and glass and shit and I think TM would have brought me a lot of joy as well. It's a tough call. Portability side to me is pretty clear though, MiniVAP with its TEOTWAWKI battery pack is not something I like to carry around while vaping. For going from room to room to garden though it's ideal.

My need for "portability" sounds like yours - around the house and in the yard. I'm not bringing this shit to festivals or wherever else. I'm too square for that. I didn't necessarily want two of these devices, as I'd likely sell what I'm not using. I guess in my mind there is an objectively best vap between the two, and I'd go with that one, with the small caveat that I line more towards idiot proof/low maintenance in the event of a tie.

goldfinger,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
On demand does make a big difference, it gives you more freedom, instead of waiting for heat up, and potential for it cooking in between hits, there could be a bit more technique involved though? On demand typically has more power, I use my TM around the house, it is my favorite for being the most versatile, but also gets me some of the best vapor quality when using with plain WPA all glass path through hook or other cooler, I wouldn't want to use the stock set up around the house honestly... There are a lot of options for aftermarket stems and accessories though, it's so easy with glass stem system as your chamber and vapor path, very minimal cleaning and like I said great flavor purity... That being said people love the MV, if you want the slower session style, it is more pure convection than the mighty so there should be minimal cooking in between hits at least, it is a very high end product though quite expensive, which is what has kept me from it, knowing that I find on demand more convenient anyway personally... What about Tafée Bowle?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

My need for "portability" sounds like yours - around the house and in the yard. I'm not bringing this shit to festivals or wherever else. I'm too square for that. I didn't necessarily want two of these devices, as I'd likely sell what I'm not using. I guess in my mind there is an objectively best vap between the two, and I'd go with that one, with the small caveat that I line more towards idiot proof/low maintenance in the event of a tie.
If you're keeping one device I think questions you should ask are whether you want the same (session) style Mighty offered though in a superior experience? Or do you wanna check out an on demand device? In which case TM is best portable that's reasonably available.

If I could only have one device I might still go with MV - at least over TM - because I just love the slow sipping sessions it gives (and its capacity to hit hard at higher temps shouldn't be underestimated either - gets wild through water). That said that's just my preference and in reality I have other vapes that offer different experiences.

TM is I believe more multi purpose by design with its on demand function and small form factor. It's just small 18650 powered on demand convection extractor that can be used in a multitude of manners both dry as well as through water. So yeah that's another consideration, do you want to mess around with different mouthpieces and water pieces? Or do you just want to set up once?

I vas hard for TM, have been for years but somehow never succumbed. Yet? ;p

So yea to answer your questions you should look at the way you think you're gonna do your vaping and pick the device accordingly. They are both top of the line. MV the session advantage. TM I don't want to say it lol but I think pretty much the everything else advantage. Besides maintenance and shit that's easy for both.

Last edited:

goldfinger

On demand does make a big difference, it gives you more freedom, instead of waiting for heat up, and potential for it cooking in between hits, there could be a bit more technique involved though? On demand typically has more power, I use my TM around the house, it is my favorite for being the most versatile, but also gets me some of the best vapor quality when using with plain WPA all glass path through hook or other cooler, I wouldn't want to use the stock set up around the house honestly... There are a lot of options for aftermarket stems and accessories though, it's so easy with glass stem system as your chamber and vapor path, very minimal cleaning and like I said great flavor purity... That being said people love the MV, if you want the slower session style, it is more pure convection than the mighty so there should be minimal cooking in between hits at least, it is a very high end product though quite expensive, which is what has kept me from it, knowing that I find on demand more convenient anyway personally... What about Tafée Bowle?

I'm open to the bowle. It's goofy, but who the hell cares. Reading your post kind of put me in the "On-Demand" camp in terms of my "what is strictly better" question. It really does seem that on-demand is the way to go. Moreover, I already have adapters and a glass rig for the mighty+, and you can buy that crap right when you get the tinymight so that seems like a smooth transition as well. Either way, I feel more convinced against the Minivap at this point, but I'm still considering.
If you're keeping one device I think questions you should ask are whether you want the same (session) style Mighty offered though in a superior experience? Or do you wanna check out an on demand device? In which case TM is best portable that's reasonably available.

If I could only have one device I might still go with MV - at least over TM - because I just love the slow sipping sessions it gives (and its capacity to hit hard at higher temps shouldn't be underestimated either - gets wild through water). That said that's just my preference and in reality I have other vapes that offer different experiences.

TM is I believe more multi purpose by design with its on demand function and small form factor. It's just small 18650 powered on demand convection extractor that can be used in a multitude of manners both dry as well as through water. So yeah that's another consideration, do you want to mess around with different mouthpieces and water pieces? Or do you just want to set up once?

I vas hard for TM, have been for years but somehow never succumbed. Yet? ;p

I mean, maybe I should go with the ol' mighty/TM combo. I've heard the MiniVap is leagues better than the mighty, but I worry that I might be underwhelmed by a vape that's too similar and feel like I've wasted my dough.

After trying for others, and failing, I picked up a tinymight, still trying for those "others"

TM tinymightvape.com
FW8 https://firewoodaromatech.com/
TetraP80 https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=68_91
DanMorrison MorrWoodCo IG https://www.instagram.com/morwoodco/?hl=en

Yeah I'm on the morrwood list as well. They are gorgeous, but that's a way off lol.

Shit Snacks

I'm open to the bowle. It's goofy, but who the hell cares. Reading your post kind of put me in the "On-Demand" camp in terms of my "what is strictly better" question. It really does seem that on-demand is the way to go. Moreover, I already have adapters and a glass rig for the mighty+, and you can buy that crap right when you get the tinymight so that seems like a smooth transition as well. Either way, I feel more convinced against the Minivap at this point, but I'm still considering.

Yeah that is how I feel, on demand just gives you the freedom, but there can be something nice about having that slow sip session with high quality vape... Tafée is from some people behind Mighty and MiniVap so it is a pretty great mass produced industrial design style on demand pure convection device, though it has a few flaws like the battery life, as an all-in-one home portable for dry use, it has a lot of passionate fans! FYI for the TM, you can get WPA from them, the plain 18 mm is the most useful, the other ones have built in honeycomb glass screen which can be fun with chunky grind or whole nugs, but it is more limiting (I mostly just use backwards RBT Splinter stems as 18 mm WPA) You can get different WPA a few other places, and like I said alternative glass stems, and great cooling hook options all mentioned in the thread...

I mean, maybe I should go with the ol' mighty/TM combo. I've heard the MiniVap is leagues better than the mighty, but I worry that I might be underwhelmed by a vape that's too similar and feel like I've wasted my dough.

MV is definitely not similar really, because it is more pure convection I believe, with more power than the mighty, and more pure materials potentially... But yeah value wise it seems like the TM with your mighty makes more sense at least?

Yeah I'm on the morrwood list as well. They are gorgeous, but that's a way off lol.

Yeah that is a whole other thing, being unregulated, and the whole thing made from scratch, TM could be a great way to get ready for it lol

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Prepare to be underwhelmed maybe lol, considering you got that Mighty completely dialed in unlike MV (as well as with TM) where you're adjusting to not just a new device and heater but also a different heating style. In my experience it can take a while before I begin to really appreciate a new vape. (Although with MiniVAP I did know right away it was a hit.) Combo of Mighty with TM also sounds very nice though. Could then still sell Mighty later on and get another session style vape once some new cheaper device will become available or something ;)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Tweakz

+ vote for TM

- I had a minivap and it didn't seem to work for me, so I got myself a second TM. it's definitely a versatile portable device that I really love for its many useful aspects.

goldfinger

+ vote for TM

- I had a minivap and it didn't seem to work for me, so I got myself a second TM. it's definitely a versatile portable device that I really love for its many useful aspects.
Well I think I'm convinced of the Tinymight. What accessories should I get when I order? I was thinking of getting a 14mm water adapter because I have a 14-18 adapter. I was thinking also maybe a long stem? I have no clue lol. Should a person get an o-ring kit? An extra cooling unit!? There are too many options lol.

goldfinger,

Vapeaction

I have all 3, Mighty, TM & MV. MiniVap is my favorite portable vape for around the house, heats up in a couple minutes and with the high temps can rip through a bowl, or turn it down, sip, and enjoy the best tasting herb vape I've tried. I also have the glass adapter and run it through a J-hook most of the time. There is no cleaning (even screens stay clean) except my J-hook. Tried the wip that comes with it and nah not for me. Bowl on it is about 50% larger than the mighty as well. The battery lasts hours, but shuts down after 20 min, so when I'm out on the porch I just always have it on - can't get more on demand than that LOL. The TM on the other hand I find goes through batteries rather quick but where it falls short for me is the taste and cleaning. Haven't yet found right combination to get decent non burnt tasting full extraction. The TM is newer to me and does exactly what I bought it for... quick on demand hits... that it does well... as far as better vape, well one I will be writing off on my taxes the other I won't... "medical expense" MV is made by medical company. Either way they are both a step up from the mighty.

goldfinger

I have all 3, Mighty, TM & MV. MiniVap is my favorite portable vape for around the house, heats up in a couple minutes and with the high temps can rip through a bowl, or turn it down, sip, and enjoy the best tasting herb vape I've tried. I also have the glass adapter and run it through a J-hook most of the time. There is no cleaning (even screens stay clean) except my J-hook. Tried the wip that comes with it and nah not for me. Bowl on it is about 50% larger than the mighty as well. The battery lasts hours, but shuts down after 20 min, so when I'm out on the porch I just always have it on - can't get more on demand than that LOL. The TM on the other hand I find goes through batteries rather quick but where it falls short for me is the taste and cleaning. Haven't yet found right combination to get decent non burnt tasting full extraction. The TM is newer to me and does exactly what I bought it for... quick on demand hits... that it does well... as far as better vape, well one I will be writing off on my taxes the other I won't... "medical expense" MV is made by medical company. Either way they are both a step up from the mighty.
Well, the plot thickens lol.

How much better is the minivap than the mighty+? I'm not too much of a taste connoisseur, so something tasting a bit burnt doesn't bug me much.

What's the issue with cleaning? That's one thing that gets to me - stuff that's finnicky or high-maintenance can be tough for me sometimes. I'm better off with "idiot-proof," but I'll deal with some hassle for something better.

goldfinger,

Shit Snacks

I don't think it's just taste per se, the overall vapor quality is going to be better with the MV over Mighty, and it is going to hit harder with more pure convection from a larger heating element (although the glass core also gives you a bit more radiant heat which should help with a quick full extraction too)

Vapeaction

reason I ordered the MV was the TM was on back order, was not having any success with the Tetra P80 drops (but was successful last drop !) & my VAS was itching… saw that there was a Canadian retailer having a 4/20 sale so no duties or custom hassles. I had no expectations for a vape that has been around for 10 years and little hype… even if the heater was designed by same person that lead to the Bowle (some connection there I remember reading). As far as maintenance for MiniVap really none, other than J-Hook for me. The TM not a big deal either as I just throw the mouthpieces with cooling units still inside directly into ISO in sandwich baggie & into the ultrasonic cleaner for 5-10 min. I know ISO will break down the O-Rings But want to see how long they last LOL. Some people take the cooling units apart which IMO would be a PITA.

As far as mouthpieces I found the short one not as hot as I expected. The tall one is much cooler and can take several back to back hits. The 3D long stem I actually like the best, just wish I bought two. The WPA has fixed glass screen which I’m not a fan of… keep getting those flakes in my mouth… and I’m sure between the teeth…

One last thing I’d meantion about the MV is that you can get an AC puck to run it as a desk top… probably something I might order for traveling… but the dam battery lasts so long… I don’t think I really need it.
Either you will keep you happy… for a while… then if your like me … you will get the other… think you have the best… but keep looking… for the next MiniVap to blow me away lol

Dr. G

Old Resident
I have both. They are both extraordinary. One more portable than the other. At home...MiniVap. Everywhere...TinyMight. Thank God for these two. I have no pain.

I have to add that if you have not gone on their website and read how the MiniVap is put together you should. Everything is medical grade...this aspect interested me lots since I am a patient. The MiniVap is the real deal.

I know nothing really about the TinyMight other than it just fucking rocks my world. Wow. Talking about a horse...this is quality. I love both and both for me are different. Buy BOTH. Problem solved.

Last edited:

goldfinger

I have both. They are both extraordinary. One more portable than the other. At home...MiniVap. Everywhere...TinyMight. Thank God for these two. I have no pain.

I have to add that if you have not gone on their website and read how the MiniVap is put together you should. Everything is medical grade...this aspect interested me lots since I am a patient. The MiniVap is the real deal.

I know nothing really about the TinyMight other than it just fucking rocks my world. Wow. Talking about a horse...this is quality. I love both and both for me are different. Buy BOTH. Problem solved.
If someone made you give one up, which would you keep?

goldfinger,

paradise

If I can chime in, I've read through the posts and from my understanding you don't really require portability and looking for something at home
I have a TM, I freaking love it, I thank myself for getting it every time I use it and it got me off combustion.

With that said, I don't have the MV but I think it would suit your needs more than the TM, simply because your need is for home use. If you would have been looking for a mix of portability and versatility (session + OD) then I'd say Tiny, but it sounds like the MV will be right up your alley.

Then again... if you're looking for that hard lung busting hit... maybe TM is the choice after all :science:

paradise,
Reactions: Tweakz

goldfinger

So do you *ever* reach for the tinymight when you’re at home? Why/why not?

Dr. G

Old Resident
So do you *ever* reach for the tinymight when you’re at home? Why/why not?
I ordered a second TinyMight because I just love it. I keep them home because I find that the TinyMight still is not portable enough for me. I reach for it ALWAYS now...its powerful and ready to work. The MiniVap is just when I sit and not on the go...I use it to really medicate. I am a patient so the MiniVap and Tiny are truly life savers. When I go out and need to use a vape...I usually take a really small unit like my Dash or Dotleaf...I cannot say enough about these two...

goldfinger

I ordered a second TinyMight because I just love it. I keep them home because I find that the TinyMight still is not portable enough for me. I reach for it ALWAYS now...its powerful and ready to work. The MiniVap is just when I sit and not on the go...I use it to really medicate. I am a patient so the MiniVap and Tiny are truly life savers. When I go out and need to use a vape...I usually take a really small unit like my Dash or Dotleaf...I cannot say enough about these two...
I get the impression that the TinyMight is your new main based on what you're saying here.

When you say "really medicate" - do you mean that you use the minivap to get more yoinked?

Top Bottom