MiniNail

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
If anyone is in the market for an enail/PID controller, I would recommend MiniNail. I own two MiniNails and love them. I just ordered a coil from them on Monday and its already out for delivery today, wednesday and i felt like i needed to give them some love on FC since their service and shipping is always on point!

Here are some Pros to the MiniNail.

I love how the temp is pre-calibrated to nail temp. (But its only calibrated to their nails) But it does keep my Deltas tight on my Ligers.

Uses low power consumption. I leave it on 12-16 hours a day.

Small Frame, Very small case. Only a little bit bigger than a business card is the Micro. I dont even have the Micro and the OG MiniNail is very small. I use it for traveling as i stick it in my Pelican 1200 with a leisure incycler.

Offers a lot of accessories including many coils sizes, Flat, 16mm, 20mm, 24mm hybrid, 25mm and 35mm.

2 years full warranty on PID and 1 year full warranty on coils. - This is huge as i already had two coils replaced. And they replace them fast. I sent them my coil via USPS, 3 days to get there and i have a new replacement coil in my mailbox 3-4 days later. One week from opening and mailing my broken coil to get a new replacement. I havent needed any warranty on my PID so far. One coil just stopped working and another coil had the kevlar wrap come off the connector.

Customer service is great. They ship parts same day if you place in the morning. I ordered a 35mm Coil on Monday and its Wednesday and its already out for delivery. And they typically always put a small gift inside too like a dab mat or a dab slab.

Here are some Cons.

Its pricier than your average PID controller at $200 for Box only. They do have sales for every possible holiday. that saves you up to 25%

The mini XLR connectors are great but also very unique to MiniNail. I do not see any other coils out there using this connector style. So it sorta forces you back to MiniNail to by their coils for $70 each. Or like $53 when they have sales.

MiniNail is a product I can highly recommend in terms or product, customer service and shipping. Just wait for their sales to save some $$$$$.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
$260 for box + coil with mini XLR.

But for coils the choices are broad, you can choose:
Flat
20mm barrel
24mm barrel
24mm hybrid barrel/flat
25mm barrel
35mm barrel

Be nice if they added a hybrid coil option for the 35mm.

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
$260 for box + coil with mini XLR.

But for coils the choices are broad, you can choose:
Flat
20mm barrel
24mm barrel
24mm hybrid barrel/flat
25mm barrel
35mm barrel

Be nice if they added a hybrid coil option for the 35mm.

Its as much as a kubeone clear basically. It is more costly which is why i tend to wait for a sale. And yes, the mini XLR locks you into their coils only. But they do have good customer service. Responses within 24hrs. quick shipping and most importantly, a solid product. I do like the calibration since the temp on the PID is the temp on the banger or with this huge 35mm, the temp in the banger is higher than the temp on PID.

The 35mm coil is so dam big. like an inch and a half tall. I may wrap the bottom ring under the banger to get it to fit and give some heat to the bottom. May not look pretty but may have to be done.

alittledabwilldoya'

Its as much as a kubeone clear basically. It is more costly which is why i tend to wait for a sale. And yes, the mini XLR locks you into their coils only. But they do have good customer service. Responses within 24hrs. quick shipping and most importantly, a solid product. I do like the calibration since the temp on the PID is the temp on the banger or with this huge 35mm, the temp in the banger is higher than the temp on PID.

The 35mm coil is so dam big. like an inch and a half tall. I may wrap the bottom ring under the banger to get it to fit and give some heat to the bottom. May not look pretty but may have to be done.

You got their 35mm?
What banger are you going to pair it with?
Have you found a banger with good fitment for a 30mm Liger insert yet?

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I am using the 35mm MiniNail coil on nothing at this very moment. I got a DHGate 35mm banger but the neck broke off the bucket in 5 days. I was cleaning with qtip and it just slowly fell off. But that DHgate banger i couldnt use with the MiniNail coil as the neck of the banger was halfway down the bucket. So only half the coils wrapped around the bucket. But getting this china banger only assured me i was on the right path.

This past Monday, I ordered a 35mm galaxy bucket for $70 and should arrive Tuesday. Pics of it show the neck of the banger being about only 1/4 down from the top giving more room for the coil. But i still think i might have to wrap the bottom in. I was told by Galaxy that the walls are 2mm which would be the same dimensions as the DHgate bucket of 35mm OD x 31mm ID.

Im still looking for a custom banger from someone. I still havent heard back from Halen. I reached out to a few others and Eternal said they could but stopped respondin after i started asking about bucket size. I think they think of custom bangers as their current bangers with engravings and not making custom sized bangers.

I really like the joel halen size of 35mm OD and 32mm ID which is perfect. Thin walls (1.5mm) for the coil and 2mm for the sapphire to expand but not hit the banger walls. With the DHgate banger, the sapphire got stuck inside the banger with the coil set to 500F.

Please let me know if anyone knows of anybody making custom sized bangers.

alittledabwilldoya'

I am using the 35mm MiniNail coil on nothing at this very moment. I got a DHGate 35mm banger but the neck broke off the bucket in 5 days. I was cleaning with qtip and it just slowly fell off. But that DHgate banger i couldnt use with the MiniNail coil as the neck of the banger was halfway down the bucket. So only half the coils wrapped around the bucket. But getting this china banger only assured me i was on the right path.

This past Monday, I ordered a 35mm galaxy bucket for $70 and should arrive Tuesday. Pics of it show the neck of the banger being about only 1/4 down from the top giving more room for the coil. But i still think i might have to wrap the bottom in. I was told by Galaxy that the walls are 2mm which would be the same dimensions as the DHgate bucket of 35mm OD x 31mm ID.

Im still looking for a custom banger from someone. I still havent heard back from Halen. I reached out to a few others and Eternal said they could but stopped respondin after i started asking about bucket size. I think they think of custom bangers as their current bangers with engravings and not making custom sized bangers.

I really like the joel halen size of 35mm OD and 32mm ID which is perfect. Thin walls (1.5mm) for the coil and 2mm for the sapphire to expand but not hit the banger walls. With the DHgate banger, the sapphire got stuck inside the banger with the coil set to 500F.

Please let me know if anyone knows of anybody making custom sized bangers.

I will keep an eye out for a amenable quartz blower.

I thought that I remembered you saying that your Sapphire insert got stuck in your quartz banger.
Did either break?

I have three different Sapphire inserts and the tolerance for all three within the 30mm Liger bucket is tiny.
I have a lockpick that is .015" thick which I will occasionally use to loosen stuck inserts.
When placing that lockpick into the bucket I can get it in between the bucket and insert on one side, but that snugs up the insert to other side.
So the difference between bucket ID and insert OD is ~.015".
Ti must have a much lower thermal expansion rate than quartz.
I know that you are already aware but Nautilus Glass with their sapphire and ruby inserts designed for quartz bangers are recommending at least 1mm tolerance (all around?).

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
It sure did at 500F set on the MiniNail. I lowered it to 450 immediately but turned it off after a min. This is when i first got the 35mm Coil too. Neither the banger or sapphire broke. I heard the banger would break before the sapphire due to hardness. By 400F, it was loose again. This did scare the shit out of me. So far, I have yet to damage any sapphire inserts inside the quartz bangers.

I dont think quartz expands much until it gets really hot, possibly well over 1500F. I never thought sapphire did too as i figured 1.5mm was good tolerance. The 30mm sapphire felt loose inside the china banger too but that may have been due to the uneven floor compromising the inside diameter. I will know more when the galaxy banger arrives. And in a month or two, the custom joel halen 35mm bucket.

I always thought the tolerance for the ligers were around 0.50mm or 0.020". which isnt much either but yours is even less

Shooby,

alittledabwilldoya'

It sure did at 500F set on the MiniNail. I lowered it to 450 immediately but turned it off after a min. This is when i first got the 35mm Coil too. Neither the banger or sapphire broke. I heard the banger would break before the sapphire due to hardness. By 400F, it was loose again. This did scare the shit out of me. So far, I have yet to damage any sapphire inserts inside the quartz bangers.

I dont think quartz expands much until it gets really hot, possibly well over 1500F. I never thought sapphire did too as i figured 1.5mm was good tolerance. The 30mm sapphire felt loose inside the china banger too but that may have been due to the uneven floor compromising the inside diameter. I will know more when the galaxy banger arrives. And in a month or two, the custom joel halen 35mm bucket.

I always thought the tolerance for the ligers were around 0.50mm or 0.020". which isnt much either but yours is even less

I will have to check the tolerance when the bucket and inserts are cold ae the above mentioned "measurements" were when hot.

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
APC_0040_copy.jpg

https://www.themininail.com/collect...roducts/mininail-x-purr-glass-carb-cap-dabber

All Glass carb caps for the smaller quartz halos and SiC. Works on TAG SiC halo.

Shooby,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Here is a comparison of the 35mm MiniNail Coil thickness on the left compared to Augusthaus 30mm coil on right. The AH Liger coil(Not pictured) looked tiny even tho its 38mm.
0X4THZcVkcJLdnhj-00guDX2vqBfqcPwnMjIE_9_Vq6pdCoGsW5O91vaCICmz3EPyOm2S0ywwThXTVT_6fhmuTptDmUjn6vx7HOOrpVARe0co6mHPTyMNLvNfTYuGy1oV5jb6CIbRJNpxnhIoC5lr6OZXo64sfqOSd0S7itGOLqNdH9bBwvIz6O9kvCg4WCeOXUyizWDjwB59tv7LELSw7LTl3cOpNu1Mr5sRNHz3CrX8R1543KH0Ft2PsJScz7ED4G95aNFi9azHYePm1K2iZn5I44Ph92gGTgrPgfkngbmPPioDLm5ekWAPrOraVS3FeMeHvqkRlbKYc_Wro_7mhsK3nFzpEQEv6cfbHME8fME0q0M4W_ohoYGXuURGOqyVJeToqbbw11uC4Vq7eXyMNVXVPtsF6kUk1BHVqM9RFPrbJwvjgR5iAzRokMdfO2rLSPJ1zchPlBREi2-mO9-ywz7qHHKrw6AcPVKtXqhB0et53Uo8mnjRwVaX4BuNNhv_Y3afuxoefoJJvAa4SEH0lW0itRQh79Lfshp_dDhpABibIWuCymEb5MsdtMO-t_OIrRN4nyPpd80BucpsGOmbOitjgeqI33I8xLwQhnbf-uXlF1yYEhincHTZG2DI609T7rJ0a6mHEAAFsbj-bSJPoaF3YAD8U8S=w702-h936-no

mephisto

Gotta love the minnail @Shooby , just ordered the cap and dabber. Thanks again for the heads up!
I don't dab all the time, but when I do.......

mephisto,
Reactions: Shooby

Kins

I have decided on the mini nail myself. The customer service is awesome and it seems they've been around forever and have a good quality product that's made in the USA. I'd rather pay a little more for American made products.

Last edited:

Cereal4dinner

How are you liking it @Cereal4dinner ? I'm wondering why it's not more popular here?. Maybe because they aren't a sponsor....
Its an expensive product by comparison to other enails on the market. Also they use proprietary sizes for their coil connectors which are much smaller than the industry standard, making it harder to have aftermarket replacement parts. Ive only seen 1 Canadian site selling it right now, sneaky pete is where I got mine.

my only complaint is who ever wrapped the coil fucked up and there's hardly any space for a carb cap on top

Cereal4dinner,

Kins

Its an expensive product by comparison to other enails on the market. Also they use proprietary sizes for their coil connectors which are much smaller than the industry standard, making it harder to have aftermarket replacement parts. Ive only seen 1 Canadian site selling it right now, sneaky pete is where I got mine.

my only complaint is who ever wrapped the coil fucked up and there's hardly any space for a carb cap on top

The mini nail site ships worldwide. There is plenty of space on mine. Maybe they'll ship you a new one. They do have great customer service. The coil and the mini nail controller have a 2 year warranty. Try emailing info@themininail.com. Send them a pic of the coil and tell them the problem.

Kins,

EvilJay

Thread resurrection... I just ordered the Mj arsenal Titan and mini quartz bucket full kit ..any advice on temp settings? I currently use core 2.0 on green /425*F setting . What is the best way to maintain the coils ?

EvilJay,
Top Bottom