Minimum Filtration and Maximum Cooling

Archibald

Hey y'all. I've been lurking here for a while now. I'm pretty new to the world vaping, and, while I feel like I've been able to learn a lot about different devices, I still don't know much about glass. I want something that'll give me minimal filtration and maximal cooling when I'm doing dabs out of my Pockety, though I also want it to be good for dry herb, too. I've been using the search function, but it keeps removing terms like "dry," so I figured I'd make a thread. Anyhow, is doing dabs at about 550F through a dry piece even possible without singing the back of your throat? I've been using an orb mini I got off of Vgoodiez, and I feel like I have to add too much water to it to cool properly. Anyhow, whether or not it is possible to do it dry, what's a good piece that'll give me that minimal filtration with maximal cooling? I've been looking at a few pieces from Goo Roo Glass and Texas Hot Glass.

Of course, I want to make sure the place ships in discreet packaging. Anyhow, thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: I've also seen some stuff about glass beads in pieces. How does that cool versus water? I have a j hook I've used with smaller devices that has some thingamajigs inside of it the vapor runs over, and it does a great job cooling. Is this a similar principle?

Last edited:

howie105

Hello Archibald
I am not a big concentrate fan, but I am a dry small glass user for bud. Currently, I am running a 50 ml two neck round lab flask (1.5” diameter) with various lengths of glass stems (4" to 12") that can be chained together to provide more or less cooling, as needed. Temperature wise, I am temp stepping between 404 f and 419 f with a Phase3 ZX, so I can't say it would work at 550 f for sure. As to putting additional mass into a stem, I have found that once the beads and balls reaches the same temperature as the stem (a few hits) all that is left is the restriction, which was what I was looking for.

Edit: In the name of science. I just finished a .23 g load of bud at 550 f in the above rig using a 12" glass stem and no problem.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You can use any big rig, the orb sucks generally even with water, you could fill it with marbles people like to do that for cooling, it'll get dirty though I guess with oil more so maybe? Depends what you like... There is also the diffusion pump rattle can that holds a lot of water with minimal diffusion, straight fabs and other eggs can work well dry with a complicated pathway, yes similar to spikes in the hook, there's a wide variety of options, searching for the word dry is unfortunately limiting but if you could skim through the various glass threads you might find what you like?

Archibald

Hello Archibald
I am not a big concentrate fan, but I am a dry small glass user for bud. Currently, I am running a 50 ml two neck round lab flask (1.5” diameter) with various lengths of glass stems (4" to 12") that can be chained together to provide more or less cooling, as needed. Temperature wise, I am temp stepping between 404 f and 419 f with a Phase3 ZX, so I can't say it would work at 550 f for sure. As to putting additional mass into a stem, I have found that once the beads and balls reaches the same temperature as the stem (a few hits) all that is left is the restriction, which was what I was looking for.

Edit: In the name of science. I just finished a .23 g load of bud at 550 f in the above rig using a 12" glass stem and no problem.

Thanks for the test run! This gives me some ideas...

You can use any big rig, the orb sucks generally even with water, you could fill it with marbles people like to do that for cooling, it'll get dirty though I guess with oil more so maybe? Depends what you like... There is also the diffusion pump rattle can that holds a lot of water with minimal diffusion, straight fabs and other eggs can work well dry with a complicated pathway, yes similar to spikes in the hook, there's a wide variety of options, searching for the word dry is unfortunately limiting but if you could skim through the various glass threads you might find what you like?

Thanks for the advice, man. You're giving me a good bit to go off of.

Archibald

Update on all this: I got some cheap glass I'm gonna daisy chain together. Lookin' forward to seeing how this works. I went with something smaller, and it'll work great with my other equipment.

I was tempted to get this larger piece from Goo Roo Glass, but I don't really know how I'd store that. And if I'm paying over a 100 bucks for a piece I want it to be in some fancy colors I'd like.

By the by, if anyone knows of a large smell-proof case or chest they'd recommend, I'm all ears.

Archibald,

Shit Snacks

Update on all this: I got some cheap glass I'm gonna daisy chain together. Lookin' forward to seeing how this works. I went with something smaller, and it'll work great with my other equipment.

Nice, adapters like drop-downs and other connections add complex pathway that helps cool the vapor yeah so you can puzzle something together that's very effective

I was tempted to get this larger piece from Goo Roo Glass, but I don't really know how I'd store that. And if I'm paying over a 100 bucks for a piece I want it to be in some fancy colors I'd like.

You could get the cheaper version from SamL however Goo actually does offer color versions, though they cost even more...

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Probably, but if it's a foot tall or more, I'd rather it be pretty. That Cloud Connoisseur guy has some nice pieces, too.

Yeah plain clear is boring, I'm not sure if it's quite that tall without the mouthpiece, I also use different adapters and mouthpieces to add some color along with dropdown adapters... But I really like my goo 3piece with orange yellow frit color accent base, I have an aqua color mouthpiece as well from them... Cloud Connoisseur has some great unique designs and yeah plenty of full color available that is also fumed, although can get pricier, I love mine of those too!

Archibald

Yeah plain clear is boring, I'm not sure if it's quite that tall without the mouthpiece, I also use different adapters and mouthpieces to add some color along with dropdown adapters... But I really like my goo 3piece with orange yellow frit color accent base, I have an aqua color mouthpiece as well from them... Cloud Connoisseur has some great unique designs and yeah plenty of full color available that is also fumed, although can get pricier, I love mine of those too!

On the subject of glass dealers, is there anyone in particular you'd recommend for those 3 in 1 whip adapters that work with 10, 14, and 18 mm? Or any other kinds of adapters you might recommend?

Shit Snacks

On the subject of glass dealers, is there anyone in particular you'd recommend for those 3 in 1 whip adapters that work with 10, 14, and 18 mm?

You mean these?
and or

Or any other kinds of adapters you might recommend?

Drop down adapters are extremely useful, they put the vape to the side and or lower out of your face, add pathway to catch particles and keep your water cleaner, extra right angle bendy pathway for a little more cooling, and they make it extremely easy to switch between any size 18 to 14 in either direction etc.
You have to buy two of the same here, but if you write in the notes when you order, and message them, you can get a pair featuring two different size configurations...

There are some other versions, but these are good bang for your buck, another adapter I like is male to male or male to female 45° angle adapter for mouthpieces that are modular so I can connect other straight mouthpieces as well

Archibald

I can safely say Operation Daisy-Chain a Bunch of Shit Together is is off to a lovely, effective start, though I got a little rough with this curly-wurly piece made cheaply, but it's nothing some duct tape hasn't fixed.

Archibald,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom