Milaana 2 vs Glow Rcv 18

Murph1012

Hello all,
Please excuse another comparison questions, but I've struggled a bit finding any information comparing the Milaana 2 and the Glow RCV 18 V2.
I'm looking for an on demand unit that can achieve a deep roast/full extraction. I understand the nature of unregulated vs regulated devices and would be happy enough with either. I know the Glow will be more pocketable with lack of glass stems/heatercover, but for my usage, durability/ruggedness, isn't of utmost importance as it will be used mostly indoors or in the garden.

Main questions about the Milaana (specifically Milaana 2) are; Do they suffer hot spotting? Or is that something that can be worked out with technique? Battery life? Is it bad? I'll have a few 18650s on rotation but would rather not be changing out every couple of bowls (I understand this changes with how much you ride/feather the battery). I hear them being called the "electric sticky brick", how true is this? I love the Sbjr vapor signature, I'm just inconsistent with the flame.

Main questions about the Glow; Is it really much different to other 510 devices besides top craftsmanship? What I mean is, does it do anything differently than, say a splinter?( My frame of reference). How deep a roast can the glow achieve? I've seen some ABV shots which seem on the lighter side, but with lighting and different personal preferences, I can never trust them as truly representative. Can I get the abv coffee black? Do the Glass stems work as well as the wooden stems?

These are the main two devices I'm looking at, at the minute. But as many of you will have noticed, the tinymight and P80 seem to be all the rage right now. Would it be worth it to put my order in and wait for one of these? Or even the Vapwood Timber elite? The P80,TM, and timber would all have at least a month wait time and probably customs fees on top (UK based), but if they're a better bang for your buck, then I dont mind waiting for them.

Thanks

Murph1012,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
They are all effective, just different in various ways... All pure on demand convection with glass stems, but they use different heater so vapor quality is a little different, while both will require some technique and learning curve depending on your experience... And yeah then there's just a difference of using a complete unregulated device versus a mod based one. Tinymight wait doesn't seem to be that long anymore now FWIW...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Murph1012

Murph1012

I've never had an unregulated device which is why I thought about the milaana, and with the 2 being the last US made one, it seems like a good chance to pick one up. Plus I like vapes that have a fidgity/ritualistic style, that why I enjoyed my FW5 so much. The Glow on the other hand seems like a perfect OTG vape, especially paired with a single cell mod, and the new Jack pods included with the V2 stems. Only worries would be that it underperforms due to lack of heater mass compared to Milaana/TM/Timber. And with this being a "garden" vape, I dont know if I should sacrifice performance for an ultra portable unit that doesnt hot as hard. Of course if the Glow can hang with the best, I'd probably steer that direction, and grab a vapman at the same time, to make up the monetary difference between it and the Milaana! Haha

I've noticed that Vapefiend have just added new tinymight accessories today, so that may indicate they'll be restocking units soon...which complicates things. Is the tinymight the new pedestal vape? Will it still be regarded as the best once the hype lessens?

Murph1012,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've never had an unregulated device which is why I thought about the milaana, and with the 2 being the last US made one, it seems like a good chance to pick one up. Plus I like vapes that have a fidgity/ritualistic style, that why I enjoyed my FW5 so much. The Glow on the other hand seems like a perfect OTG vape, especially paired with a single cell mod, and the new Jack pods included with the V2 stems. Only worries would be that it underperforms due to lack of heater mass compared to Milaana/TM/Timber. And with this being a "garden" vape, I dont know if I should sacrifice performance for an ultra portable unit that doesnt hot as hard. Of course if the Glow can hang with the best, I'd probably steer that direction, and grab a vapman at the same time, to make up the monetary difference between it and the Milaana! Haha

I've noticed that Vapefiend have just added new tinymight accessories today, so that may indicate they'll be restocking units soon...which complicates things. Is the tinymight the new pedestal vape? Will it still be regarded as the best once the hype lessens?

Yeah personally I would grab the Milaana, it has more of what you describe and can be used on-the-go especially in the garden... Perhaps even better than a glow 18 honestly, for my usage aglow kind of feels unregulated anyway and yeah I do prefer the larger mass of the RBT heaters (and steel over kanthal) I only have Glow 14 though I should say... Yeah TM is awesome, best of all worlds possibly, but if you're collector you will probably want all 3!

Top Bottom