• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MFLB owner choosing next vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Greetings to all. I have been lurking around here for a while and want to thank everyone for this great forum. I have learned a lot here.

I am the proud owner of a MFLB with PA and WPA. Run them through a 12" beaker and love the set up. I am considering getting a log or a Da Buddah.... something that will milk glass a bit easier for my friends who have trouble with draw speed and for me to try out a "heavy hitter". Are these other vapes a world apart form my current set up or is it just preference? Any other models I should consider? I would like to be out the door for under $200 with the ability to connect to my 14mm GonG. Thanks and advance!

happyTrails,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I would recommend a UD log if you are looking for quick thick milks with a shorter draw time, if you are looking for longer draw time with less dense hits, the CRZ would be a great choice! Both can work well with your beaker :)

Elluzion,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Solo? Doesn't have to be plugged in either...it's basically a log. And it has glass-on-glass stems :rockon:

It's what I use now, prior to that I was a MFLB head also :tup:

sessnet,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Thanks for the quick feedback. I was looking at the dogs... do they sell a stem to GonG piece?

happyTrails,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
nice. thanks SD. UD could be the winner. I guess that just leaves me wondering... How will it compare to my set up (MLFB/PA/WPA) in terms of efficiency (usage/conservation), learning curve, group sessions, etc. I guess I am wondering what will I get for the $200. Something that hits slightly nicer and offers variety? Or is it a whole other level? In the opinion of those wiser and more experienced then me, is it a worthwhile investment? Thanks again to all who have responded.

happyTrails,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Solo? Doesn't have to be plugged in either...it's basically a log. And it has glass-on-glass stems :rockon:

It's what I use now, prior to that I was a MFLB head also :tup:
How does the solo compare to your HI (which from what I understand is similar to the UDogs)? Too many choices!!!!:clap: Too little $$$$:/

happyTrails,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
How does the solo compare to your HI (which from what I understand is similar to the UDogs)? Too many choices!!!!:clap: Too little $$$$:/

I haven't spent much time with my HI. That sentence alone will make most HI owners hate me :uhoh:

The main difference with the Solo - is the HI is always plugged in. Always ready for you! The thing is a beast - if the Solo was a powerhouse, the HI would be twice that.

MISINFORMED SENTENCE DELETED.

About the Solo, you can be somewhat reckless with it. Forgot to shut it off - no problem. Throw it somewhere when you are done - no problem. It's a little easier to use.

If you like the ceremony, high efficiency, and don't need it to be portable - a log vape is great!

Don't give a sh*t, want to get f*cked up, Solo is good!

:ko:

sessnet,

quentin123

I can't speak for log vapes at all because I don't own any even though I hear great things and would like to buy one. What I can say is I have both the DaBuddha and a solo, set up glass on glass with my bong and personally I think the Dabuddha beats the solo every time in the house, for efficiency and the size of its hits. I mean the solo is a weapon and the GonG stems from Planetvape make it amazing. I was seriously impressed but after hitting my solo for two weeks I turned the DaBuddha back on to properly compare and I largely prefer it. The unrestricted airflow just makes it more fun to hit.
Don't get me wrong the solo is awesome. I use it away from home all the time but if portability isn't an issue I'd say the Dabuddha is better bang for your buck.

If you decide on a solo I'd recommend a trying to get a stainless steel model (m106/m107) versus an earlier one. I also have a m102 ceramic solo and the only time it ever gets used is during camping trips when the stainless steel one runs out of batteries. It does last longer on a charge, quite significantly but the stainless steel one tastes better IMO.

quentin123,
Reactions: sessnet

turk

turk
...you need to decide if you want a portable vape ...or a home unit....this will narrow down your choices...

turk,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I seemed to have missed this piece of 'vital' information. Where did you find this claim?

I am also curious about this information as well :D

@OP, I don't have any experience with the Solo, but the nice part is that it can be used as an at home or portable. I personally like the ritual of using a log because it is just more fun playing with a beautiful piece of wood that is always ready to go and always feels alive due to the heat...

Elluzion,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
...you need to decide if you want a portable vape ...or a home unit....this will narrow down your choices...
portability is not a concern as I am all dialed in with the MFLB. If the price and performance are right, then it can be either. Heavily leaning towards log style like the UD... Everyone's input has been helpful. Thanks.

happyTrails,

SD_haze

The UD glue is only there are multiple types of wood that he's putting together like a puzzle box, and then its still, quote, "out of the air-path"

EDIT:
it looks like dave DID use some glue within the underdogs, but it was the very first core design and not used in all of them

Here's his quote "We have also stopped using glue to hold the cores in the body but so far we have only made several of that type"

portability is not a concern as I am all dialed in with the MFLB. If the price and performance are right, then it can be either. Heavily leaning towards log style like the UD... Everyone's input has been helpful. Thanks.
A log vape is definitely the perfect companion to a portable like the MFLB, whichever one is picked ;)

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex

I originally had a MFLB to start with and then got an old MyrtleZap and then a UD and now a CRZ...
and I never really use my MFLB anymore because it tastes like sh*t compared to the logs...but still a great portable :)

Rick

Zapman
Since I am one of the two log vape manufacturers that was mentioned by Sessnet, via hearsay, in a negative way(then deleted), I will make a short comment.

The CRZ is safe and efficient to use, period. I will put the safety and efficiency of our log vape up against any other vape and be proud to do so. If anyone has any questions about the safety of our product, just ask the questions.

The consumer is the watchdog, as it should be.
Unless of course we have a non biased independent expert out there somewhere?
Thank you for deleting what you did Sessnet. Damage spreads quickly in the forum world.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
FYI I plan on buying a brand new UD, CRZ, and HI so I can find out which log vaporizer I like better.

Pretty expensive experiment, but it will be worth it for me!

sessnet,
Reactions: Elluzion

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I was wondering what was going on with all the deleted posts, but I'm starting to get it now :lol:

Dave still uses some glue to attach the leather to the bottom of the UD too, but that's nowhere near the airpath and I never noticed it myself. The only thing that bothered me was the smell of the walnut oil he uses as a finish for the wood, but I seem the be one of the few that notices it and only the second UD user that's bothered by it enough to complain about it ever out of the 200 to 300 UD users that are out there now. Even though it kinda is a big deal to me, I don't even feel the need to warn people about it because of those numbers. I just order a custom piece with a beeswax finish instead after that experience myself.

The UD cores have been improved two times now since Dave is on FC if I'm not mistaken. The first revision was pretty soon after he and Alan started sharing notes, and just recently he developed a insulated core I have yet to try out myself.

I happen to have a Solo and a UD btw. The Solo is a nice vape and one hell of a portable, but no real match for the UD ime.

Lets see, I wanted to comment on something else up there ^^...oh yeah, matting with waterpipes:

I, and most UD users seemed to be with me on this one when discussing this in the UD thread not to long ago, prefer the way the thicker silicon stem performs over the thinner ones. But these are a little harder to mate with a downstem. You can use one of the many ready available adapters you can buy online though, or cut a tapered end to it with a knife so it will mate with a 14mm female GonG connection. Dave has just taken up glassblowing too though, so who knows what he will come up with in the future.

Ok, enough fanboyism for a single post. Carry on please :)

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Since you have and MFLB+WPA+PA, i think you are pretty much set in all areas.

If i was in your shoes i would go for the UD or the Hi, because you mention a heavy hitter. I believe, although i am not entirely sure, that the Hi has stems that have a bigger bowl and as such would bring you an even bigger hit.

The main difference between the UD and the HI is the heating time. Classic UDs tend to take 20-40min, and UD twigs <20min with some as low as 5min.
All HIs take about 5min to heat up.

The Solo is a great portable, and i am also considering buying it as well, but it does not fit your heavy hitter quality you are after, although as you can see here in the thread or in the Solo thread, there are many people happy with its hitting capability as they stand. :)

The CRZ, from what i read, is more about flavour than about hit density. Although, i must say, with a Variable voltage power supply, pretty much any log can heavy hit, Since the heaviness is all about temperature and air speed of the draw.

The DBV can deliver heavier hits than any log, as the SSV and the LSV, but are easier to over indulge quantity wise. I own a DBV and i love it, but i find myself using my more pratical and economic vaporizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom