MaxVapor USB-C Powered E-Nail Controller

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
This is something we have had kicking around in the development lab for a couple of years in too many revisions to count, but we feel that USB-C PD chipsets and power adapters have matured enough to finally turn this thing into a product.

I don't want to show too much, but under this confidential blob is a conglomeration of circuitry that is taking power from a 90 Watt USB-C plug on the top left and powering the 70 Watt DC Axial Coil on the banger.

I don't think the market has demanded this product, and due to the coil differences (less wraps, lower power requirements) I am not sure how popular this controller would be outside of people that travel frequently but at least this is a place to talk about it.

We have prototypes of both 25mm and 30mm Axial Coils as well as a Flat Coil that fits the DCup / DNail Halo, but presumably we can have any configuration created if the demand is there.

Here is a picture showing the Heat Distribution between a standard 110V / 150 Watt AC coil and the new 12VDC / 70 Watt coil.

It is build around our existing MaxVapor platform, so shares a lot of the same functionality. The software platform will be shared with our existing controller, so all of the same features should carry over.

Now for the Hardware Specs:
  • Onboard WiFi and Bluetooth LE.
  • OTA Firmware Updates.
  • High Accuracy Temperature Controller Chip.
  • USB-C PD Powered.
  • Can be powered from 90 Watt USB-C Power Brick or Battery
  • High Efficiency 12V Buck Boost Converter for minimal power loss and heat.
  • 90+ Watt USB-C Wall Brick included.
  • Choice of 25mm, 30mm Axial or Flat Coil included.
  • Accelerometer for Tap and Fall Detection
  • Amplified Audio and Speaker
  • Rotary / Knob Control
  • 240x240 1.54-inch Full Color TFT Display
  • Capacitive Touch Screen
  • 8MB PSRAM Upgrade (potential to display games / video / etc on screen)

In production this device should be relatively small, pocket sized.

This is not an attempt to solicit pre-orders, I just want to open discussion about the potential of this device and if there is any actual interest in actually bringing such a thing to market. Even if I started the process tomorrow, I estimate it would still take a few months to reach production.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

virtualpurple

I think it sounds dope!

I don’t have a ton of enail experience, I own a high-5 controller that heats a coil for my Supreme V3. But that’s a pretty big and bulky controller.

do you have an idea of what a unit would cost?

I’m sorry for this next naive question, I’m just a little out of my wheelhouse. Would you be able to produce a coil that could be secured around the elev8r. I’ve seen folks mod coils for it before but I am afraid I’d break or damage a coil trying to shape it correctly.

Thanks,

VP

virtualpurple,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I love the experimentation and the idea is definitely interesting, but I don't see many advantages vs your current, already tiny platform and i don't know who'd you would market it to. But maybe the 12v could be a base for a battery based unit like Errlectric has had for a bit.

ensabbahnur,
Top Bottom