Mapping watts to temperature

notanent

OK, so temperature adjustable dry PVs look very handy for vaporizing a broad range of herbs (not mj) and the precision temperature control of the (someday to be available) Ascent looks great, but they are all rather pricy and far less portable than a pen like form factor.

Considering that there are both dry herb "atomizers" and variable voltage batteries, I'm wondering if anyone has, or knows how to, determine the temperature which corresponds to a particular wattage (aside from having to figure a way to make direct measurements on the PV itself at different settings.

E.g. a given dry herb may vaporize ideally at 150C, but what wattage would correspond to that? The atomizers I see available for dry herb all are around 1.5 ohms, and variable voltage batteries start at around 3V, but I suspect that 8-9 watts may be much hotter than a target minimum of around 120C.

Any suggestions? Or do I just have to risk the wasted investment and do the lab work myself...

notanent,
Reactions: Seren

luchiano

I don't know the answer to this but, you have to remember just because the temperature is one way at a certain wattage, when you inhale the temperature can dip substantially so that won't be the temperature you are vaping at. You also have to take into account the temperature of the air you are using to vape before it reaches the heater. It can cause the temperature to dip even further from the temperature of the heater, when you inhale.

Good luck with the lab work!

Last edited:
luchiano,
Reactions: Seren
Top Bottom