Maine is Legal!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
After being out of the country for six months, it was time to resupply. So I drove to one of my favs near Portland, Seaweed, because they were having a sale. I couldn't believe how many new adult and medical dispensaries have opened in the last few months, more than a dozen on the two hour drive and another handful of new stores within a mile or two of Seaweed near the Maine Mall. I can see why stuff is on sale: too many retailers. I bought two for-sale items and two full-price items. A week later I opened one of the full-price items and looked at the lab analysis and noticed that the resin had been manufactured more than a year ago. If kept frozen, it wouldn't have lost potency, but if stored at room temp, it could have become weaker and less flavorful. I called Seaweed and they said it was kept cool and dark, but not frozen. They said if I wasn't satisfied, I could bring it in for a return replacement. Turned out to be quite good stuff and the drive is 2plus hours, so I didn't do anything. So I was tickled when I got an email from Seaweed yesterday giving me a full credit for that resin. Sometimes competition is good for us consumers, but I still worry that the better dispensaries will get knocked off by the sleazier and more unscrupulous and less invested companies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
After being out of the country for six months, it was time to resupply. So I drove to one of my favs near Portland, Seaweed, because they were having a sale. I couldn't believe how many new adult and medical dispensaries have opened in the last few months, more than a dozen on the two hour drive and another handful of new stores within a mile or two of Seaweed near the Maine Mall. I can see why stuff is on sale: too many retailers. I bought two for-sale items and two full-price items. A week later I opened one of the full-price items and looked at the lab analysis and noticed that the resin had been manufactured more than a year ago. If kept frozen, it wouldn't have lost potency, but if stored at room temp, it could have become weaker and less flavorful. I called Seaweed and they said it was kept cool and dark, but not frozen. They said if I wasn't satisfied, I could bring it in for a return replacement. Turned out to be quite good stuff and the drive is 2plus hours, so I didn't do anything. So I was tickled when I got an email from Seaweed yesterday giving me a full credit for that resin. Sometimes competition is good for us consumers, but I still worry that the better dispensaries will get knocked off by the sleazier and more unscrupulous and less invested companies.
Seaweed is an excellent company and their products, particularly their ceramic carts, are great. I will say that when they moved to rec from medical their prices got a lot higher (all the rec shops here are pricier than the med services, sometimes as much as 40%). But their products are very high quality (I mean, lots of things don’t even show any manufacture date). Glad to hear they responded so honestly.

mitchgo61,
Top Bottom