Discontinued MagickWand Vaporizer

So it uses the face of the heating element as a spherical glass heater cover? Kind of SSV, LSV waterpipe adapter style? And I assume the heat is lowered significantly due to closer proximity to the heater?

I'll definitely order one if the price is fair.

charliedontsurf,

DarthVaker

Wow The magickwand has really come a long way in development for such a small family ! LMAO! No doubt all the video editing is done by the Vape maker himself. These guys need support for such an innovative vape. Its the lowest priced high performance vape we got on the market right now and I barely just found it in a store. This shyt needs atttention.
BTR is lookin sick. The issue with concentrates has been solved. Some hash would prove excellent in this setup because its so close to the hash and constant air flow at that. Never tried it before so i want to give that a try, maybe some wax....
i'm thinking about buying because I feel that the product has evolved enough for my satisfaction. hmmm all the good reviews are enough to give me peace of mind. :2c:

DarthVaker,

DarthVaker

I was reading and Iv'e seen quite a few tricks with the MW.
Post your different techniques here.

( best MW user video)
---------------------
[h]Latest tricks:[/h] as of 8/3/2011

[h]Dual/triple bowl stacking:[/h]
Simple enough, You need to stack bowls on top of one another with different or same herbs in each one. It may sound a little wierd but according to "Abysmal Vapor" You should be able to evenly vape herb in all chambers.

[h]Finger Trick:[/h]
Works as an air restriction at the back of the wand. Close up the hole enough to restrict air flow to the desired flow rate. Causes mild to dramatic increases in Air/Heat ratio.

[h]Connecting the Hydratube:[/h]
Using the MW with a hydratube from Sovereignty, stoneglass, ect is possible using the 18.8mm Bowl.
While holding the MW vertical, insert herb into the male end of the 18.8mm bowl. (basically upside down)
With an extra screen use a pen or pencil to create a thumbtack-type screen, insert it into the male end of the bowl after the herb and clip any extra wire mesh that would cause any issues with the screen getting stuck in the hydratube OR buy a thumbtack screen from vapexhale. Use the MW vertical with the hydratube now. Enjoy.

Btw I have personally tried the Hydratube option and its very nice actually but its till more expensive than a waterpipe that seems easier to clean and less destructible. :2c:

DarthVaker,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Have to mention the bowl stack :) .. can be used with the hand adapter too.. The taste is so strong that i cant stop myself crying like a bitch ....Powerful aromatherapy... indead.. My latest try .. is dualbowl
Upper bowl A chunk of A-haze hash.. down bowl blue lotus.. with wild dagga... That is my top taste combo for this summer sofar :) ...
After i master this wand to perfection i will post a short video with all my learned technics ..
The only thing i noticed to be slightly unconfortable on high temps is that the vapor get too dry.. .Which can be corrected with no problem using ice and percolator bong.. Don't listen to those shit about THC going on waste or condensation... A friend did a quick iso wash on his bong after 10 months of no cleaning and used with LSV... After evaporation there was oil so little that even an ant cannot get high from this..

Abysmal Vapor,

Dudeson 1882

Been away & got back to find my MW waiting for me. Used it for 4 days so far & wow I love this vape.

Vape tastes so good in this I could hit it all day. Load up another bowl crank down the temp to tasty range & mmmmmmmm. Plus the heater stays hot enough to keep delivering big hits.

I've used it about 90% of the time with the hand kit as it works so well with the MW. Had a nice surprise when I found out today that the hand kit screws apart & found a lot of good stuff in between the screens. So have a look if you've been using it for a while.

Some more things I like are that it is easy to hit for beginners & smokers as a good pull works. So no breathing techniques need to be explained.
My fave way to hit is to block the top hole & start taking a slow MFLB type pull then after a while open the hole & take a big pull. Boom. Love to do that after cranking the temp up from about 10am to 12am.
Also mine is ready to vape in under 5 mins which is a lot quicker than I was expecting. Can leave it on throughout a vape session so its ready to hit & there is quite a big temp range as small changes to the temp dial make a difference. Has a bigger range than my MFLB-PA for example.

Surprised at the review above talking about build quality as I think it is sturdy enough & well built. Although light it's not fragile.

Struggling to think of a negative to this vape for me & other than it gets hot & needs some care when handling (but glass does anyway) as I'm in the UK I have to use a step down converter which means another thing to carry if I take it out. But I've kinda decided that this is too good to take out of the house anyway.

Thanks Hipi the MW is a top vape.

Love the double bowl idea have to try that.

Dudeson 1882,

DarthVaker

Dudeson 1882 said:
I've used it about 90% of the time with the hand kit as it works so well with the MW. Had a nice surprise when I found out today that the hand kit screws apart & found a lot of good stuff in between the screens. So have a look if you've been using it for a while.
You're supposed to open the dual chamber whip by unscrewing it and THEN insert the herb. The herb is more likely to get into the magickwand and dirty up the glass if its not in the chamber.

Well thats one more good review. Im really itching to get this one now. I like the commercials so I am very tempted.

LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ammTp0sg4EE , I like the new consistency of the commercial format.

DarthVaker,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
DarthVaker said:

( best MW user video)
---------------------

Simple enough, You need to stack bowls on top of one another with different or same herbs in each one. It may sound a little wierd but according to "Abysmal Vapor" You should be able to evenly vape herb in all chambers.

Works as an air restriction at the back of the wand. Close up the hole enough to restrict air flow to the desired flow rate. Causes mild to dramatic increases in Air/Heat ratio.

Using the MW with a hydratube from Sovereignty, stoneglass, ect is possible using the 18.8mm Bowl.
While holding the MW vertical, insert herb into the male end of the 18.8mm bowl. (basically upside down)
With an extra screen use a pen or pencil to create a thumbtack-type screen, insert it into the male end of the bowl after the herb and clip any extra wire mesh that would cause any issues with the screen getting stuck in the hydratube OR buy a thumbtack screen from vapexhale. Use the MW vertical with the hydratube now. Enjoy.

Btw I have personally tried the Hydratube option and its very nice actually but its till more expensive than a waterpipe that seems easier to clean and less destructible. :2c:

Did you purchase a HT, or were you part of the beta program? I can't imagine wanting to use my HT with the MW, but I can see why som would. I think I prefer using it t it was intended, with a more standard water tube

IAmKrazy2,

DarthVaker

IAmKrazy2 said:
DarthVaker said:

( best MW user video)
---------------------

Did you purchase a HT, or were you part of the beta program? I can't imagine wanting to use my HT with the MW, but I can see why som would. I think I prefer using it t it was intended, with a more standard water tube

I have a friend who has both a VXC and a HT, The hyrdratube is meant for a vape and honestly the MW made the exact same clouds at a specific temp. We tested side by side. But for use with a hydratube I would recommend using the white glove add-on. BUT still... I only borrowed an MW myself so I dont know through extensive testing if the performance between one or the other is consistent.

The trick I see here (which makes the incognito Superior in some ways) Is that when the heat is vertical it makes a large difference in creating vapor. Something happens somewhere along the lines with heating up the herb constantly (being vertical) and the material starts releasing vapor like MAD. I dont know the science but I know its the case and that why I love the IV. Also with the vert setup it seems as if you can use larger bowls for loading and it seems to last alot longer in the MW (through my experience) than the VXC but the VXC doesnt have the capacity like the MW bowl would. that just my :2c:

DarthVaker,

Hammerzeit

My replacement bowl came. Now I can think about doing the comparison video.

I forgot how good the MW is. :brow:

Hammerzeit,

Abysmal Vapor

Did any one notice that the harder you pull the denser the vapor is ? That is the opposite of my dbv..
If you can't get fat cloud i suggest this.. kick temps a bit higher between 1 and 3 o'clock , plug the hole and start pulling slowly for 1-2 seconds than give your best and if you are using ice careful not to swallow one LOL it happened yesterday.. for second time on the same greedy guy :).. I can almost vape all on one hit... with the pulling hard technique :).. So easy to achieve the one hit wonder with this vape ...
For longer sessions i recommend low temps and the hand attachment with and extra bowl :) .. i vape a full load for 30 minutes , wondering where are those tasty puffs still coming from...

Abysmal Vapor,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
To celebrate the 4 new kittens my wife's cat just had I've decided to throw up a SALE!
hehe

Opening back up the $20 off any MW purchase or a FREE Dualscreen Handkit sale
Just remember to put in the Note to Seller box when purchasing which you would rather have!

Get em while they're hot :brow:

Also I found a pretty awesome user video of the MagickWand lookin around the forums
Thanks SkollIstKrieg!

New heaters are looking good temp range is higher than before and heat up time is faster, especially when heating up to full blast. This one you will have to be careful not to overpack a bowl because it will combust!

But for those who love concentrates I think this new 55w heater is just what the doctor ordered.

We are waiting on an order of type R bowls and as soon as we get them in I will let the flood gates open for ordering.

HiPi,

DarthVaker

HiPi said:
To celebrate the 4 new kittens my wife's cat just had I've decided to throw up a SALE!
hehe

Opening back up the $20 off any MW purchase or a FREE Dualscreen Handkit sale
Just remember to put in the Note to Seller box when purchasing which you would rather have!

Get em while they're hot :brow:

Also I found a pretty awesome user video of the MagickWand lookin around the forums
Thanks SkollIstKrieg!

New heaters are looking good temp range is higher than before and heat up time is faster, especially when heating up to full blast. This one you will have to be careful not to overpack a bowl because it will combust!

But for those who love concentrates I think this new 55w heater is just what the doctor ordered.

We are waiting on an order of type R bowls and as soon as we get them in I will let the flood gates open for ordering.
Im pulling the trigger on this one but should I wait until after the BTR comes in? Suggestions?iwanna order a new glass piece but I want to know if i should order the MW first. Im about to bring out the BIGGEST HOOKAH EVER!

DarthVaker,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
DarthVaker said:
Im pulling the trigger on this one but should I wait until after the BTR comes in? Suggestions?iwanna order a new glass piece but I want to know if i should order the MW first. Im about to bring out the BIGGEST HOOKAH EVER!

If you want to wait you can but there's no guarantee that this sale will still be going then. Plus bowls come with free shipping and I'll probably put up a nice introductory price for the BTR so all those who have a want already can get it to fool around with :brow:

I would just order now and order the extra bowl when it comes out. Also once we are out of this shipment of dual screen handkits we will be switching to a new design. More info on that soon to come!

HiPi,
New design as in better? And will the dual-screen handkit be replaced for the Incognito, too? Also when does the BTR go on sale, I want one!

charliedontsurf,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
DarthVaker said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
DarthVaker said:

( best MW user video)
---------------------

I have a friend who has both a VXC and a HT, The hyrdratube is meant for a vape and honestly the MW made the exact same clouds at a specific temp. We tested side by side. But for use with a hydratube I would recommend using the white glove add-on. BUT still... I only borrowed an MW myself so I dont know through extensive testing if the performance between one or the other is consistent.

The trick I see here (which makes the incognito Superior in some ways) Is that when the heat is vertical it makes a large difference in creating vapor. Something happens somewhere along the lines with heating up the herb constantly (being vertical) and the material starts releasing vapor like MAD. I dont know the science but I know its the case and that why I love the IV. Also with the vert setup it seems as if you can use larger bowls for loading and it seems to last alot longer in the MW (through my experience) than the VXC but the VXC doesnt have the capacity like the MW bowl would. that just my :2c:

Ummmm, who's hydratree did you try out? It wasn't mine so; was it Lo, Pappy, Stickstones, or Vtac? Reason I ask, can't see anyone thinking these two devices have similiar performance in a side by side comparison? Why, the diffrence in vapor production alone is huge, and not something I personally think anyone would make who tried them both. Not calling you a liar, but unless you tell me who this 'friend' is, I won't believe it.

I said before and I will say again my opinion about how long a bowl lasts or how mny hits you get. With the MW, much more hits, much thinner vape at all temps, much more stirring required, vaped material not nearly as consistent. The vxc extracts more goodies easier and quicker, but yes with less hits. Don't getme wrong, I like the mw for what it is, but if I didn't feel the vxc pricepoint justifed a purchase over the MW, I would have already told SM to get a new job or not quit his dayjob. Instead, I told him and everyone else, the vxc will be the next big thing, a revolution in the industry, the new champ.

IAmKrazy2,

eddyfrancis

I don't think you have fully explored the MW's potential for making thick clouds. I've never used a VXC but I have seen my MW make clouds as dense as the ones in the VXC videos. True, its not a better vape then the VXC, but he never said it was. I'm glad Darth posted up that tip because I think it could be a fun way to use the MW. But a replacement for the VXC? No way!

eddyfrancis,

Abysmal Vapor

thats my mw with 0.2 amnesia haze dude .. Its get as thick as i vape honey oil...
My technique is very simple put the vape heat control (i dont know exactly which version is mine) between 2 and 3 o'clock and let it heat a while.. Then load the bowl attack the wand,plug the top hole and pull as hard as you can like old school bong ripping :D .. Then you will see the results.. I vapebong with my dbv with a 0.2 bout 5-6 lungfuls and on the magic wand almost everytime i vape under 0.4 :D i manage to extract all in 2 + 1 (ocasionally not as strong and tasty as the first two) .
No matter of tolerance that cloud can make you sit , It feels like electric shock on the brain and buzzess like dirty dubstep ...

Abysmal Vapor,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
eddyfrancis said:
I don't think you have fully explored the MW's potential for making thick clouds. I've never used a VXC but I have seen my MW make clouds as dense as the ones in the VXC videos. True, its not a better vape then the VXC, but he never said it was. I'm glad Darth posted up that tip because I think it could be a fun way to use the MW. But a replacement for the VXC? No way!

I had my MW before my Cloud beta. I was very impressed, and assumed the vxc would probally be only marginally better. I liked the mw so much, I couldn't see improvment being substancial in the Cloud. A beta unit and a few puffs later, it was easy to see how much better the vxc could produce clouds, exspecially noticable on low temps. Low temp hits no longer need to be wispy or thin with the VXC.

Please don't judge the performance of the vxc from a video and think that it is a viable representation. How could you determine temp used from a video. I like the MW, and at one point loved it. But, it isn't even close to performing like the vxc. If anyone claims to have tried both and say they are similar, sorry I call bullshit.

IAmKrazy2,

eddyfrancis

I wasn't judging the performance, I was observing the density of the vapor. I never said the MW performs like the VXC, and neither did Darth. When the MW is used at it's full potential it is capable of creating a similar density of vapor compared to the VXC but that's about it.

Edit: I read your post comparing the two on page 14 and saw that you made the analagy "Some will want a Cadillac, others may only be in the market for a Ford Focus." I think we could say both will get you from point A to point B, but the Cadillac will get you there in comfort and style.

eddyfrancis,

DarthVaker

I dont mean to imply that one is better than the other so no need to be on the offensive but in my experience I must say that I dont need/want a VXC. Putting the MW as a ford focus is reasonably low in comparison to how useful it actually is. Its more a like the transformer bumblebee vs a cadillac. Cadi is always gunna be a nice ride but I like a camero that can become a beast. Honestly the MW is so fu**in useful at its pricepoint that I have its back till the end and so do many others. This club of owners is like the herbal aire or zephyr ion vs a volcano. Volcano is awesome for its job but its not "multidimensional".

I'm not trying to start a Versus argument either on this forum. If you would like to talk personally Email me.

DarthVaker,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
eddyfrancis said:
I wasn't judging the performance, I was observing the density of the vapor. I never said the MW performs like the VXC, and neither did Darth. When the MW is used at it's full potential it is capable of creating a similar density of vapor compared to the VXC but that's about it.

Edit: I read your post comparing the two on page 14 and saw that you made the analagy "Some will want a Cadillac, others may only be in the market for a Ford Focus." I think we could say both will get you from point A to point B, but the Cadillac will get you there in comfort and style.

When DarthVaker said "The hyrdratube is meant for a vape and honestly the MW made the exact same clouds at a specific temp. We tested side by side." Wouldn't he then be saying the MW does perform like the VXC (you said neither of you did)? It sure sounds like it to me. Furthermore, that to me DOES sound like he is judging performance. I also disagree that it is capable of creating similar density of vapor. Sorry, when used side by side, it isn't at all "similar". With the same amount of herb in both, there is not a temp where the vapor density is similiar. This isn't my opinion, it is a fact. Sorry, not trying to insult but i see someone lying in one shape or another (but it isnt you eddyfrancis).
also, isn't comparing "vapor density" a "judge in performance" of a vaporizer? I'd say yes. So you are judging performance IMO.

@DarthVaker/Hippi. Let me start off by stating something i have said multiple times. The MW is a good value, i would venture to even say great value at the price-point i got it at. At under $100 when i bought, id say the best value in my collection. I gifted mine to a friend, she loves it now too. Lets not lie to potential customers, "Just the facts ma'm"

It is funny comparing the MW to a transformer, i like it. Glad you are giving a bag blowing option later, i think many may buy it if the pricepoint is low enough (each add-on gets you closer to the price of the VXC). But, as i have said before, the VXC could add an external pump to their unit and let it blow bags too (so could just about any other company). The VXC would probably be the best bag vape available, just due to its design for vapor density even at low temps. That said, when purchasing the best vaporizer that works with a water tool, i dont give a shit if it blows bags.

Still @ DarthVaker and everyone else. Why did you avoid my question about who's HT and VXC you tried? Is it because you were lying, you never have even seen one in person? Is this the reason you wish me to discuss with you via email? Are you sad i blew your cover and dont wish it all over this thread? Don't bullshit a bullshitter. i feel it is my duty to the forum to tell everyone to take what DarthVaker (and even Hippi) say with a grain of salt, or even an entire salt shaker. i dont believe you have tried the VXC at all. I truly believe anyone who has tried the VXC and the MW would only say they "make the same clouds at a specific temp" if they were lying. So either DarthVaker is making up an experience about the VXC, or lying about a genuine experience with it (or both). When trying the MW before the VXC i couldnt have even imagined the VXC being as good at doing what it does. Better then i could have imagined, and i think others will have the same experience. The MW is great, but when compared to the VXC it will ALWAYS fall short at any and all temperatures.

EVERYONE READ:
I will venture to say that Hippi and DarthVaker are either the same person, or personal friends. Sorry now, quit bullshiting gentlemen. I think your product should stand on its own merit, and not from deceptive bullshit and lies. Ouch! The MW is great for what it is, i just now have more concerns about the ethics of the company then i did previously. :|
If you are the same person, you have violated a forum rule. shame shame. Worse, you are knowingly deceiving us. Why?

If you simply take a picture of you using the HT with the MW i will write you a 1000 word apology and post it here about why im an asshole. After Darth's latest response not mentioning his secret source that had a "side by side" comparison, any doubt i had of you not lying has faded.

IAmKrazy2,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Abysmal Vapor said:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9726/dsc1690s.th.jpg

thats my mw with 0.2 amnesia haze dude .. Its get as thick as i vape honey oil...
My technique is very simple put the vape heat control (i dont know exactly which version is mine) between 2 and 3 o'clock and let it heat a while.. Then load the bowl attack the wand,plug the top hole and pull as hard as you can like old school bong ripping :D .. Then you will see the results.. I vapebong with my dbv with a 0.2 bout 5-6 lungfuls and on the magic wand almost everytime i vape under 0.4 :D i manage to extract all in 2 + 1 (ocasionally not as strong and tasty as the first two) .
No matter of tolerance that cloud can make you sit , It feels like electric shock on the brain and buzzess like dirty dubstep ...

how long does a session take you when you use this technique? whats the total time it takes to complete a session (you turn on the mw, pack a bowl, let it heat up, take your 3 head destroying vapebong rips, then unpack the bowl)?

notmyrealUSERname,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
notmyrealUSERname said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

how long does a session take you when you use this technique? whats the total time it takes to complete a session (you turn on the mw, pack a bowl, let it heat up, take your 3 head destroying vapebong rips, then unpack the bowl)?

I have found the MW performs at its best after being on for an hour or longer at full heat before using. Sessions take a long time, and hits keep coming. Lots is tasty hits (see im not being mean). I dont rush or time my sessions but if i was looking to get ripped quick, i would grab my Supreme over my MW. That said, taste suffers greatly to the MW (another random kudos.)

IAmKrazy2,

eddyfrancis

IAmKrazy2 said:
EVERYONE READ:
I will venture to say that Hippi and DarthVaker are either the same person, or personal friends. Sorry now, quit bullshiting gentlemen. I think your product should stand on its own merit, and not from deceptive bullshit and lies. Ouch! The MW is great for what it is, i just now have more concerns about the ethics of the company then i did previously. :|
If you are the same person, you have violated a forum rule. shame shame. Worse, you are knowingly deceiving us. Why?

If you simply take a picture of you using the HT with the MW i will write you a 1000 word apology and post it here about why im an asshole. After Darth's latest response not mentioning his secret source that had a "side by side" comparison, any doubt i had of you not lying has faded.
:o

eddyfrancis,

Abysmal Vapor

notmyrealUSERname said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

If my mw is already heated it takes the time it takes to make 3 head destroying blows .. I pause between them due to vertigo :D and black sheep wall .. With pauses it takes me bout 30 seconds to get even 0.3-0.5 finished.)
The heat up times depends very much on the version of mw you got . I've heard the new ones are heating fast..
And Iam2Krazy , with all my respect dude ... You are 2Paranoid side by side 2Krazy :). So you are one guy with two conditions and vape conspiracy theory LOL..
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4354
Yeah if darth vaker was Hipi he would surely create this thread to deceive us in future accusations .. LOL

All is possible but from the part of the world i live in i can't imagine that someone with create vaporizer deceive ... If you are so doubted in HiPi.. ask the some of the moderators to track the IP adress of both users .. It will appear if they violate forum rulz..

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom