Discontinued MagickWand Vaporizer

caseball2051

After spending a couple of nights with the magickwand, I figured I should post some initial impressions, and after a few more days a full review.

Please note my screen setup on the previous page. I Have not had one particle of herb in my EHLE's water since fixing it. Consider that guide a fix to the problem.

I really enjoy using the wand. This is my first temp controlled vape, and I can see why people like them. I start out my bowl at around 1:00. Take 3-4 hits, stirring in between. Move it up to 2:30 or so and take 3-4 more. Then gradually work my way up slightly until the bowl is done. The taste and vapor are high quality and the herb seems to last FOREVER.

The glass gets realyl hot, naturally. As does the bowl. I found it fine to take the bowl out to clear the bong using the handle on the bowl. Just gotta remember that its hot.

I took the tip from other memebers and plugged the top hole with my finger. I found it worked better that way and I liked the airflow better because the suction is very similar to my MZ.

Really liking the wand so far. Cant wait to put it to more use! Full review comign when Im ready and get more time with it. few quesions for HiPi/other users.

1. How are you leaving your wand when its not in use? (But still on, and hot) Ive been leaving it just laying on a table. The rings keep the hot hot part off the wood, and it isnt going to roll. But what do you guys do? I thought about putting it in a cup or something.

2. how long do you guys leave yours on for?

caseball2051,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
1. How are you leaving your wand when its not in use? (But still on, and hot) Ive been leaving it just laying on a table. The rings keep the hot hot part off the wood, and it isnt going to roll. But what do you guys do? I thought about putting it in a cup or something.

I keep mine in a glass (like a highball glass) and it seems to work fine.

I haven't had mine on for more than an hour or so, but I don't see why you couldn't leave it on all night if you wanted to (except for the fact that it does get really hot and you should probably turn it off for safety reasons if you're not going to hit it for a while).

:peace:

Stu,
I have an incredibly cheesy enamel Dave and Busters ashtray which works perfectly.

Maybe it's unwise but my Wand has gone through at least 15 days here and there of like 10-16 hours nonstop operation, almost always roughly around the recommended temp. No problems I can tell. For sure turn it off at night - turn all your vapes off at night when you go to bed!

Bag blower videos! Rabble rabble rabble

charliedontsurf,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
caseball2051 said:
After spending a couple of nights with the magickwand, I figured I should post some initial impressions, and after a few more days a full review.

Please note my screen setup on the previous page. I Have not had one particle of herb in my EHLE's water since fixing it. Consider that guide a fix to the problem.

I really enjoy using the wand. This is my first temp controlled vape, and I can see why people like them. I start out my bowl at around 1:00. Take 3-4 hits, stirring in between. Move it up to 2:30 or so and take 3-4 more. Then gradually work my way up slightly until the bowl is done. The taste and vapor are high quality and the herb seems to last FOREVER.

The glass gets realyl hot, naturally. As does the bowl. I found it fine to take the bowl out to clear the bong using the handle on the bowl. Just gotta remember that its hot.

I took the tip from other memebers and plugged the top hole with my finger. I found it worked better that way and I liked the airflow better because the suction is very similar to my MZ.

Really liking the wand so far. Cant wait to put it to more use! Full review comign when Im ready and get more time with it. few quesions for HiPi/other users.

Nice quick review,
I used to leave the wand on for indefinite amounts of time but now I just leave it on until the session is over but thats just to save electricity.
Heat rises so you can easily figure what is a safe way to place the wand. I have placed it on a wide array of surfaces such as vinyl tablecloth to marble counters. Heat rises so where ever you place it the heat will rise. A cup or plate will work as well.

I have the blower made and my internet sux badly so the video will take a while to upload. omg..... bag blowin........mmmmmm nice

HiPi,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Who received his missing adaptors by mail today and has a brand new SGW Toro Micro waiting for its vapxual relationship with the MW??? :D
Expect a complete in depth review during the week-end!!!

FLskwat,
Well, a minibottle of Gin just fell about 3 feet off a table and smashed my magickwand into like 8 pieces. No glass vaporizer could be expected to surive, and the Magickwand had previously survived a from 2 feet onto hardwood with no problems. Upon inspection, all the glass looks very nicely blown and with a good wall diameter.

A shitty day in a shitty week.

Some other notes: the silicone rings left no residue on the outer tube, which is nice to see. I've treated my Wand pretty rough (12 hours days sometimes) and after picking through the debris :( I can find nothing to raise my eyebrows. Everything's ship shape - a ship which I accidentally broke into pieces, anyway.

Crazily enough the inside tube mostly survived, and after cleaning the tube of debris I hooked it onto my bubbler (with water so any glass coming through would be caught..) and it still works. Pretty funny, but still a pain in the ass! I'm thinking of taking a short video of me roping a battered and shattered but still fully functional MW. It's probably just a matter of time until the tube shatters completely, though.

It's amazing how well the glass insulates, I can touch the inner tube just right above where the heater stops and it's just slightly warm.

MW owners should consider keeping their MW on a soft, flame resistant surface, like an ove flove kind material. I had my wand in a hard enamel dish when the gin fell on it, and I think if it has been on a soft surface, it might of simply glanced off and made it.

Another edit: it literally works like nothing happened. Same consistent cloudage. I imagine this was what one of the early beta glass MW was like before they shrouded it in another layer of glass and added the silicone.

And remember kids, gin kills!

charliedontsurf,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
charliedontsurf said:
Well, a minibottle of Gin just fell about 3 feet off a table and smashed my magickwand into like 8 pieces. No glass vaporizer could be expected to surive, and the Magickwand had previously survived a from 2 feet onto hardwood with no problems. Upon inspection, all the glass looks very nicely blown and with a good wall diameter.

Some other notes: the silicone rings left no residue on the outer tube, which is nice to see. I've treated my Wand pretty rough (12 hours days sometimes) and after picking through the debris :( I can find nothing to raise my eyebrows. Everything's ship shape - a ship which I accidentally broke into pieces, anyway.

Crazily enough the inside tube mostly survived, and after cleaning the tube of debris I hooked it onto my bubbler (with water so any glass coming through would be caught..) and it still works. Pretty funny, but still a pain in the ass! I'm thinking of taking a short video of me roping a battered and shattered but still fully functional MW. It's probably just a matter of time until the tube shatters completely, though.

It's amazing how well the glass insulates, I can touch the inner tube just right above where the heater stops and it's just slightly warm.

MW owners should consider keeping their MW on a soft, flame resistant surface, like an ove flove kind material. I had my wand in a hard enamel dish when the gin fell on it, and I think if it has been on a soft surface, it might of simply glanced off and made it.

Another edit: it literally works like nothing happened. Same consistent cloudage. I imagine this was what one of the early beta glass MW was like before they shrouded it in another layer of glass and added the silicone.

:D WOW. Good thing I am giving you a new one anyways because you use the MW the way its supposed to be used. You are an MW pro. with the bag blowing version at least you'll be able to see if your concentrates make good bags.

We are changing blower units because the past blower unit air flow speed is far below what the magickwand can handle. We will make it adjustable hopefully and at the fastest speed you should easily be able to blow a great 2.5 gallon to 3 gallon bag in about 30 seconds.

I also see people are happy with their wands and that makes me happy :)

HiPi,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I am looking to buy one second hand from someone here on the boards. Stoked to get a chance to own one. Looks sick but I can't afford the $180 (or something like that) for the new unit at this present time.

finchrock24,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
HiPi said:
charliedontsurf said:

:D WOW. Good thing I am giving you a new one anyways because you use the MW the way its supposed to be used. You are an MW pro. with the bag blowing version at least you'll be able to see if your concentrates make good bags.

We are changing blower units because the past blower unit air flow speed is far below what the magickwand can handle. We will make it adjustable hopefully and at the fastest speed you should easily be able to blow a great 2.5 gallon to 3 gallon bag in about 30 seconds.

I also see people are happy with their wands and that makes me happy :)

Wow is all i can say...this Vape is looking even better all the time! Its quality, to still function after such damage, along with your excellent customer service, make this Vape a top contender in my list!

I'm excited to see the video of your broken MW making clouds CDS

Purpl3_Haz3,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So I have plenty of work and I'm running everywhere...I did not review the MW as stated a few days ago...my bad! To make it real short... the review is gonna be DAMN GOOD! :cool:
So, short photo teaser lol...Sorry for the poor quality (speed phone pics). Let me just say I love it all the way: aesthetics, flavor, ergonomics, price, versatility, conservativity, cloud production...it's a fantastic GonG glass vaporizer with incredible possibilities (bag blower & co)!
Just for the record and to answer several interrogations on the topic, it's on here 6H/day, no problems...and you can see on the pics what I found to be the "perfect" hold for it... Just remember to always hold it only by the last ring over the electrical wire!

I'll do the FULL REVIEW when I have a few secs, Word!
Charlie sorry to hear what happened to your MW...
Oh and BTW I love my Toro Micro and he loves his MW Bride! :lol:

FLskwat,
Thanks for the condolences, and I'm glad you like the mw so much. There really is very little not to love about it - I think maybe it could be reworked to allow slightly less air in, bit I'm grasping at straws and for the most part it's a great unit.

charliedontsurf,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I'm very excited to say that I just made payment on my mw! Really excited to see how it performs. Is it designed for 14 or 18mm?

finchrock24,
finchrock24 said:
I'm very excited to say that I just made payment on my mw! Really excited to see how it performs. Is it designed for 14 or 18mm?

You should of had a choice on the website (I thinks) of choosing 14mm GonG, 19mm GonG, with the option of getting a 9mm-to-14mmGonG adapter. Might want to get ahold of Hipi. In my opinion, the 14mm seems to hit a little denser because of the narrowing of the bowl - I think a narrowed section should possibly be added to the 19mm bowls to recreate this. If on the other hand you're asking what the heating element is shrouded in, it's a 19mm male, like a box vape, the VXC, etc..

You're going to love your MW.

charliedontsurf,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Thanks Charlie. My bong right now os set to 18mm but i can change over to 14mm at any time with an adaptor I have. Should be here in a week or so.

finchrock24,

Raf007

Retailer
I can only but support all the positiv comments about that vape.

Light, efficient, not expensive, nice looking, versatile, you can even play with the air/vapor ratio la Verdamper style kind of.

Just loved it !!

Except...that I think it's getting way to hot on the body of it, and it's super easy to get burned or let the MW down because of that detail.
I would suggest to put more heat protection on the handle.

Apart from that, it's a sweet little vape !

Raf007,

B.

War Criminal
so after almost a month with my mw i am super pleased. it has become my daily driver. at first i was enjoying the novelty smaller loads and lighter temps, but lately i've been loading closer to a .2 or so as i prefer a richer hit, which a .05 won't produce in the mw. I still turn the knob right to where the light comes on, but i've wrapped my wand in some cloth both as an added layer of protection for the wand, and to protect me from how hot it gets. with the wrap its still hot, but i not nearly as bad. the extra insulation of the wrap causes the wand to run a tad hotter, so when i turn the knob til the light comes on my mw is runnin a little hotter than it used to, which i like.

here's some pron

551141698_photobucket_1806_.jpg

551141698_photobucket_1805_.jpg

I also recommend covering the top hole to get a thicker hit, if thats what you're looking for.

B.,

B.

War Criminal
\\\so after almost a month with my mw i am super pleased. it has become my daily driver. at first i was enjoying the novelty smaller loads and lighter temps, but lately i've been loading closer to a .2 or so as i prefer a richer hit, which a .05 won't produce in the mw. I still turn the knob right to where the light comes on, but i've wrapped my wand in some cloth both as an added layer of protection for the wand, and to protect me from how hot it gets. with the wrap its still hot, but i not nearly as bad. the extra insulation of the wrap causes the wand to run a tad hotter, so when i turn the knob til the light comes on my mw is runnin a little hotter than it used to, which i like.

here's some pron

551141698_photobucket_1806_.jpg

551141698_photobucket_1805_.jpg

B.,

DubCRider

Nice! What kind of fabric did you use? If you know someone who knits or crochets that might be a nice touch in place of the fabric you are using.

DubCRider,
They had Kevlar fabric squares (or so I think they were called) for handling hot glass and wiping off kiln dust in glassblowing. They'd be great for this. Nice Milkshots too you guys!

Points for professor Farnsworth.

charliedontsurf,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Gauzetape would probably work really well. It is rubberized cotton gauze and sticks to itself.

chucku,

B.

War Criminal
not sure what the wrap is made of, cotton maybe? my girl is making a blanket and i scavenged some scraps on an impulse. i like it.

i was thinking about cutting an ove glove to fit the wand.then wrap that, for looks.

B.,

DubCRider

MW clothes! You could make some sick stuff......

Stuffed animal cover similar to a golf club cover would be funny!

DubCRider,

snackmaster

I was thinking about getting a cheap silicone iPad cover, cutting it up, and wrapping the MW with that. Kevlar squares and guazetape look like possibilities too though.

snackmaster,
Top Bottom