Discontinued Magic Flight Launch Tube

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
magicflight said:
Hello Hayward! <snip...> Do I have your permission to include excerpts from it in our printed Launch Tube directions? Can I submit a copy to our 'webmaster' for a future testimonials section (unmodified or edited as per your wishes)? -- Magic-Flight
Yes, you certainly have my permission. If you wish to edit it, I would prefer you send me the edited version before using it, so that I can confirm it's still to my liking. (Not that I think you'd hack it up or anything, but I do like to review my words after they've been changed). Note that my "review" here, by design, leans a bit more to the vapor expert rather than the vapor neophyte, and it may be a bit overwhelming (and hence confusing) to someone who has never used a vaporizer before. As an instruction sheet it should probably be broken into sections (how to load, how to use, how to clean) with the more esoteric stuff (like advantages of a small load, breath regulation versus battery pulse regulation) in an "Advanced" section at the end.

Keep up the good work and thanks for making me happy!

Haywood (not Hayward).

Haywood,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
MrMistyTokes~ "my fingers are crossed this beta version will be the PD killer"
NEVER :argh:

I'm beta testing and that will NEVER happen....and no I hope I don't eat my words. besides the pd and the MF are in two totally separate category's

I'im not even gonna get into it with you misty...now on to reviewing this thing...hopefully it comes before 420 :uhoh:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

MrMistyTokes

Steam Engine
hahaha i was waiting for that comment to bother somone :lol:

i was just annoyed at not being able to obtain a PD due to obvious reasons.. i bet a full sized vape would be just as efficient with the pd mouthpiece rigged up anyways.. :p

anyways cant wait as well! are the betas shipped off yet i wonder

MrMistyTokes,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
After three days of glorious vaping with the standard temperature FT, I spent a little time playing with the low temp version of the FT yesterday and today, and thought I'd report my experience.

When I use the standard temp FT, it takes about five seconds to start producing visible vapor, and I get two or (sometimes) three full 10 to 20 second hits from one of my "standard" loads. After the second hit, I can squeeze one more hit of vapor if I let it cook for 15 seconds or so, but at this point what's left is mostly just grunge, with little of the good stuff remaining.

When I use the low temp FT, it takes at least 10 to 15 seconds before it warms up, and I have to leave the battery connected for the entire duration of the load, even between hits. I get no sense that I am inhaling anything but warm air, though there is a little sweet taste in the beginning. It takes a few minutes with the battery connected continuously, before the load finally turns brown, which is when I stop. During this time I have probably taken ten or more hits, and though it seems like I'm only getting warm air, I am also feeling the proper effects. Not nearly as much as if I just did the same load in the standard temp FT, but the low temp FT is working.

As you might have guessed from my previous review of the FT, one of it's strongest strengths for me is as a quick, efficient one hitter. The low temp FT fails miserably in the quick and efficient part, and I don't plan on using it any more.

While I sincerely appreciate that Magic Flight was willing to custom produce a low temp version for those here that felt it would be more to their liking, I agree with (what I believe to be) every single person's opinion; the standard FT is the way to go. My experience was the same as reported by others. Essentially no visible vapor is produced with the low temp FT. It works, but barely. As far as I know, Magic Flight came to (pretty much) the same conclusion early on in their original testing, and I think it speaks wonders that they were still willing to custom produce a low temp version for us in an effort to accommodate and understand. Note that they will replace the low temp version for the standard version at no charge, if someone isn't happy.

Haywood

Haywood,

Injectsynthetic

I got my Magic Flight Today! 3 days shipping to Florida.

Looks good!,Charging the battery's before I use it.

Wondering IF I should just wait Until 4/20.

Would be my first vape. :D

So far I love it,Really small,I put it in a hard glass case to protect it.

Really nice.

Edit: Gonna Test her out for a couple of days,Then I'll post my thoughts. :D

Injectsynthetic,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Haywood said:
Yes, you certainly have my permission. If you wish to edit it, I would prefer you send me the edited version before using it, so that I can confirm it's still to my liking...

Keep up the good work and thanks for making me happy!

Haywood (not Hayward).
Hi Haywood,

Thank you! I will definitely send drafts direct to your email when/as they occur for confirm, review, etc.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
MrMistyTokes said:
... are the betas shipped off yet i wonder
Most of them have gone out already. There is a small number of them that are still allocated to go out next week.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Haywood said:
... When I use the low temp FT, it takes at least 10 to 15 seconds before it warms up, and I have to leave the battery connected for the entire duration ... though it seems like I'm only getting warm air, I am also feeling the proper effects. Not nearly as much as if I just did the same load in the standard temp FT, but the low temp FT is working...
What you describe for the special Low temp version is just about right -- what we expected, but probably not what people want, once they understand the differences and trade-offs involved. Similar results will probably also apply to a number of other design aspects as well -- we went to market with the 'standard' Launch Tube because we know it works. We have since pulled the Low Temp specials and are no longer offering them for sale.

Thanks again for the followup posting.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Monsoon said:
Is there any news regarding a Canadian distributor?
Not yet. Takes time to find the right parties and setup the appropriate agreements. It could be a while.

magicflight,

Injectsynthetic

I have a Question MF,What exactly is the Usb Charging option? Any more information? Pictures? And can you buy them alone?

Injectsynthetic,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Injectsynthetic said:
I have a Question MF,What exactly is the Usb Charging option? Any more information? Pictures? And can you buy them alone?
Hi,

The "USB Charging" option is a AA battery charger that plugs into the USB port of a computer. The Launch Tube usually ships with a bundled AA battery charger that plugs directly into the wall. With the USB option, the AA charger consists of two parts: 1) a cradle for the batteries with a USB plug, and 2) a power adapter with a power-only USB port that allows you to plug the USB charger into the wall (if you do not happen to have a computer handy).

The USB option is intended for people who would want to charge the batteries using only a computer (since many people travel with a computer these days) OR who live in foreign countries and have power outlet formats incomparable with those used in the USA and Canada (USB is an international standard).

I am not at the office today, so it will probably be Monday before I can arrange for pictures of the USB parts.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Got my beta unit on 420 :o you guys rock...ill send a personal e-mail review to yall in a few days...gotta get the kinks worked out n everything :)

(pics moved to beta thread)

Hennessy1414,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Henny...no pic of the love on the back?! :lol:

I used it last night and enjoyed it. Will take some getting used to, but it is small as shit and I like that. I didn't get much visible vapor, but I got lit up all right. We really need to get the thread rolling about whether or not you need to see the vapor.

stickstones,

Monsoon

That's a very interesting design. Seems to address issues concerning screen durability (I don't see the screen getting damaged or coming loose) and the box would be easier to pack and stuff in your pocket. I'm curious how the battery works since I don't see a connector for the + end in the picture.

Monsoon,

NoSmoke

:( Sad to say that my MF has never made its way into my vape rotation and probly never will. Its just not up to par with the Iolite or PD, I know its cheaper but I would rather save my money and get a solid vape. Great concept, awesome customer service, mediocre device my 2 chavitos

NoSmoke,

Beezleb

max said:
Looks like a lot of screen material. Replaceable?
I do not believe so, it is not like a screen used in a whip based vape. I wouldnt vape any thing in it other than weed though. Kief and probably hash would likely cause problems.

Beezleb,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
so far....im getting FAT clouds. I love this thing so far. a LOT of user control on what type of hit your gonna get.

for max
(pic coming soon)
:luv:

dude...to be blunt. this vape kicks ass. Still need more time with it to give you specifics. reviews will come soon. To answer the skim milk cloud question, I'll go with what AoZ said last night when Spiral asked me the same exact question "of course he judges on whether or not he blows out a skim milk cloud or not, it's Henn for gods sake!"
that sums it up nicley. but yes there are decent sized clouds and once I get the technique down I'll be able to blow out tasty ones as well. I keep getting it a lil too hot. No matter, just gotta change around the way I hit it ;)
who else is a beta tester? they keep popping up :brow:

Hennessy1414,

NoSmoke

what I believe Beezleb is that with the time it takes to load and unload the Magic Flight (especially with kief), and the fact that its very hard to carry preloaded makes it a very hard quick 1 hit vape to use. i just could not see myself doing that very quickly especially for 1 or 2 mediocre hits, thats just the way i feel about this vape, and no I am not comparing it to a desktop unit, im judging it simply on what it is.

NoSmoke,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
what I believe Beezleb is that with the time it takes to load and unload the Magic Flight
which one? we really need to start referring to these vapes by the product names, the products are the launch tube and launch box, the company that makes them is magic flight, referring to the products by the company name would be like saying "i got a 7th floor vaporizer." or "can you help me with my arizer?"

sorry to sound nitpicky but this kind of thing could create a lot of confusion in the future when magic flight puts more products on the market

btw not trying to pick on you nosmoke, most of the members here have been doingg this, im just trying to clarify to avoid confusion down the line

Monsoon said:
That's a very interesting design. Seems to address issues concerning screen durability (I don't see the screen getting damaged or coming loose) and the box would be easier to pack and stuff in your pocket. I'm curious how the battery works since I don't see a connector for the + end in the picture.
indeed, i have batteries where the body of the battery is - and the tip of the + is isolated, does this mean my batteries wont work in the unit? what brand of batteries would you reccommend for this product? (preferrably 15-minute recharge)

also, 2 batteries included may not be enough to come with this unit, especially in light of the one bowl pack per battery figure, i would suggest 4 batteries be included with the unit rather than 2 (take that as you will, i still have to go to my girls house and pick up my package)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

Readers of this thread should be aware that there are now two products being discussed: The Launch Tube and the Launch box. The Launch Tube can be purchased on our website, whereas the Launch Box is so far only available to a limited number of FC beta testers at this time. It is also helpful to know that these two portable products have different design intents: The Launch Tube is optimized to be precise, whereas the Launch Box is optimized to be convenient. Other trade-offs also apply.

As such, we request that comments made on these products clearly indicate which one is being discussed, since some of the advantages/concerns expressed about one may not apply to the other.

-- Magic-Flight.com

magicflight,
Top Bottom