• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Lung/chest pain and Vaping

Vaporware

What kind of battery are you using?

I’d still consider trying a good dry herb vaporizer or a non-cartridge concentrate option like the Dynacoil or Saionara on a mod or something, but on the cartridge side I find many batteries to put out too much power and make the vapor very harsh. Especially if it’s making you cough a lot or have other breathing difficulties that could be causing or contributing to your symptoms.

If you haven’t tried the Pax Era, that might be a good one to check out since (using a phone app) you can set the temp to exactly what you want. For CCells the lowest setting of the PCKT One Plus is much easier on me than the CCell Palm or some other batteries.

Are they sure there’s no kind of tear or anything like that which could be made worse by extra deep breaths/coughing/etc.?

Cdub5

Currently using a Stix battery .I have the pax era, but I have my doubts about the pods that are available. I usually set my Stix to the lowest setting . I used an arizer solo 2 for a little bit, and still felt issues. I got in trouble for having the dry herb in the house so it's no longer here .I hope it's not some sort of tear. I feel like there'd be issues without vaping if that was the case .Maybe not. Problem is I've been to a few doctors and they don't know what's up. They just Google the symptoms like I do.

Cdub5,

Vaporware

The contents of pods do vary and I wouldn’t trust them all to be great either, I just mentioned the Era because of the great temperature control options. It looks like your other battery has some temperature options too, so I’d try the lower settings if you’ve got it set high and harsh.

Personally I’d take a break first though, at least until the pain has been gone for a while, and if you start again I’d keep notes on your usage and when/how problems start again if they do.

...or maybe consider just quitting or only having a bit of flower occasionally without bringing it home? Maybe edibles are an option?

guipesa

Hello Cdub5,
I have the same problem as you, especially my pain is more promissed in the back, persists days after vaping. I think it is due to steam drying with oil. Above all, it was produced by the vape de convention. Currently I almost never vape. Use many methods none worked well.:(

Cdub5

Hello Cdub5,
I have the same problem as you, especially my pain is more promissed in the back, persists days after vaping. I think it is due to steam drying with oil. Above all, it was produced by the vape de convention. Currently I almost never vape. Use many methods none worked well.:(

Do you still use cannabis currently? What is your preferred method?

Cdub5,

guipesa

Do you still use cannabis currently? What is your preferred method?
Sometimes smoking :bowdown:, other tinctures. I would like to vape again, I see that everyone is delighted and I really like the taste. I do not know why it's bad for me :cuss:.

guipesa,

Cdub5

Sometimes smoking :bowdown:, other tinctures. I would like to vape again, I see that everyone is delighted and I really like the taste. I do not know why it's bad for me :cuss:.
I feel ya. We're definitely the minority. Have you had any better luck vaping flower?

Cdub5,

guipesa

I feel ya. We're definitely the minority. Have you had any better luck vaping flower?
Only flower, I would like to try a convection only vape (MV1 or Tera) What vapes do you recommend? What vapes did you try?

guipesa,

Cdub5

Only flower, I would like to try a convection only vape (MV1 or Tera) What vapes do you recommend? What vapes did you try?
For flower I only had a chance to use the airizer solo 2, but I only got to use it a few times . It was great and would've probably been even better for me if I could of used through some sort of water filtration . I believe it's a convention system with a little conduction by design . Kind of a hybrid I guess .

So you've never Vaped concentrate or used cartridges and still having similar issues? I do wonder if my/our systems just don't do well with vapor, which as I understand is very dry? Never had any of these issues smoking, but that was 16+ yesterday ago . Bodies change.

After vaping flower, I would love that too be my go to . The flavor, not stinking, and conserving of material is such a plus to smoking. I would also say the high from vaping a cartridge is different, at least to me than flower. That's even when compared to full spectrum, live sauce carts. I prefer flower.

Mookie0608

I get the chest pain too it comes and goes it honestly I really think it’s just anxiety. Most pot today can cause anxiety easily I can imagine with how high in thc it is getting. Won’t be much longer before h start seeing 40-50% thc buds I bet more common like the high 20s low 30s.

Mookie0608,

C No Ego

I get the chest pain too it comes and goes it honestly I really think it’s just anxiety. Most pot today can cause anxiety easily I can imagine with how high in thc it is getting. Won’t be much longer before h start seeing 40-50% thc buds I bet more common like the high 20s low 30s.
the plant can not biologically create more than 30% to 33% biomass as secondary metabolites... the trichs are secondary protective compounds... anything over 30% really messes up that biology... more primary metabolism is needed ETC...
I've seen breeding jokes of breeding pure Trich stalks LOL .... like Grape vine trichs , that gooey good

sicklegit

Just found this thread. I started using a vape pen from CA last summer just on the weekends and not much and developed a slight sharp pain in my left upper lung (it felt like) but then I stopped using and it went away relatively quickly after that. Then I didn’t smoke or vape anything until about 6 months later and bought a CBD vape pen on the east coast and only used it a small about and immediately got the same sharp pain in the same spot in my lung. That was two months ago and with no additional smoking/Vaping I still have the sharp pain when I breathe in and when I lift my left arm. I suspect it affected the previously affected area Due to it already being cellularly compromised. I went to the doc, got an X-ray and took steroids but it didn’t help at all. They found nothing. I did research that it could be the area just on the outside of the lung that gets inflamed. I’m hoping it goes away and my cells regenerate or heal. It pretty annoying.

Cdub5

What info did you find about it being on the outside of the lungs? OP here, and I've been on and off vaping the entire time and problem still there .Even took a 1.5 month break. Hasn't gotten worse, hasn't gotten better, and some days better then others. I took steroids as well but they were for neck stiffness from a car accident. Using both flower and carts on weekends only. Just had a ct scan and they found nothing . I know this pain/discomfort is not in my head, not heart burn, and not stress. Frustrating .

Cdub5,
Reactions: shredder

sicklegit

I was wondering if it’s some type of pleurisy. Mine got slightly better but it’s still there. I stopped vaping everything and only every great once in a while smoke flower and when I do it’s very minimally.

Cdub5

I was wondering if it’s some type of pleurisy. Mine got slightly better but it’s still there. I stopped vaping everything and only every great once in a while smoke flower and when I do it’s very minimally.

So a possible answer to what the pain/discomfort is, but why would vaping, even just flower, cause this? So many folks vape, some many times daily, so why is it such a major issue for some? Sensitivity to the dry vapor?

Problem I face is you talk with a doctor, any doctor and you're honest about the fact that you vape, they just fall into "vaping is bad for you" especially lately with the new anti vape propaganda. Hard to get someone to not give generic, no thought answers.

Cdub5,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I smoked cigarettes for fifty years then gave up 5 1/2 years ago. Smoked pot nearly as long, but started vaping 4 years ago. I was up in Canada for five months and loved the excellent high THC and tested for purity flower. One or two hits and I'd be rocked. When I got back here, I went to a medical provider who now sells to adult users in the next state and his stuff isn't nearly as potent, so I found myself vaping much more often and more weed at each session. So I developed a wheeze and a cough, that at first I could get rid of during my regular vigorous exercise, biking or mountain hiking. Also tried putting my vapor through one of my water tools. But I finally started feeling something might be wrong, so three weeks ago I decided to take a break, and have done nothing but edibles and edible oils since.

I'm now realizing that this is the first time in years, maybe since I was a teen more than fifty years ago, that I haven't been smoking cigarettes or pot or even vaping. Now I feel better, though there's still a tiny bit of wheezing and an occasional cough, but what else could I expect from all those years of putting stuff in my lungs. Not quite sure where I'll go from here, as edibles give one much less control over the stone and whereas I used to get stoned before my afternoon exercise sessions, now I'm waiting until after supper. Still, I like the better breathing, so not sure when or if I'll return to my beloved vaping.

Polarbearboy,

shredder

I smoked cigarettes for fifty years then gave up 5 1/2 years ago. Smoked pot nearly as long, but started vaping 4 years ago. I was up in Canada for five months and loved the excellent high THC and tested for purity flower. One or two hits and I'd be rocked. When I got back here, I went to a medical provider who now sells to adult users in the next state and his stuff isn't nearly as potent, so I found myself vaping much more often and more weed at each session. So I developed a wheeze and a cough, that at first I could get rid of during my regular vigorous exercise, biking or mountain hiking. Also tried putting my vapor through one of my water tools. But I finally started feeling something might be wrong, so three weeks ago I decided to take a break, and have done nothing but edibles and edible oils since.

I'm now realizing that this is the first time in years, maybe since I was a teen more than fifty years ago, that I haven't been smoking cigarettes or pot or even vaping. Now I feel better, though there's still a tiny bit of wheezing and an occasional cough, but what else could I expect from all those years of putting stuff in my lungs. Not quite sure where I'll go from here, as edibles give one much less control over the stone and whereas I used to get stoned before my afternoon exercise sessions, now I'm waiting until after supper. Still, I like the better breathing, so not sure when or if I'll return to my beloved vaping.

I'm kinda in the same boat ATM. I haven't Vaped in 6 days. I have a cold and the cold exasorbates my asthma. I've been using NyQuil to help with the coughing and a nebulizer to control the asthma. And I have been using medibles daily.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me. After I feel better, and when I'm can take a few hits without coughing I'll get back to vaping.

But somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking at some point if these current problems keep happening I'll quit vaping and just use medibles. I'd miss vaping but ya gotta do what you gotta do.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I'm kinda in the same boat ATM. I haven't Vaped in 6 days. I have a cold and the cold exasorbates my asthma. I've been using NyQuil to help with the coughing and a nebulizer to control the asthma. And I have been using medibles daily.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me. After I feel better, and when I'm can take a few hits without coughing I'll get back to vaping.

But somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking at some point if these current problems keep happening I'll quit vaping and just use medibles. I'd miss vaping but ya gotta do what you gotta do.

Just got in from my afternoon mountain hike, out in the 10F cold. It feels so strange to be hiking without taking a good draw on the vape--or before that the pipe or j--before hand. But I feel good and have some nice oil for eating this eve.

Thanks for the response bro. Interestingly I had terrible almost debilitating asthma as a kid, and into my twenties, when I was smoking cigs and weed and wheezing all the time, and addicted to my inhalers. They are too easy to over-use and not good for ya. So be careful.

Polarbearboy,

Vaporware

It sounds like the problems are coming in when you vape a lot, so if you do what I usually do and combine edibles with more low-moderate amounts of vapor you might still be able to handle both.

If just edibles works out better for you though, that’s also a good way to go. Tinctures held under your tongue can help with faster onset too if you need that. :)

TommyDee

Vaporitor
What info did you find about it being on the outside of the lungs? OP here, and I've been on and off vaping the entire time and problem still there .Even took a 1.5 month break. Hasn't gotten worse, hasn't gotten better, and some days better then others. I took steroids as well but they were for neck stiffness from a car accident. Using both flower and carts on weekends only. Just had a ct scan and they found nothing . I know this pain/discomfort is not in my head, not heart burn, and not stress. Frustrating .

I'm not a doctor or knowledgeable in biology in general. That being said, is it possible that in the act of drawing vape, you herniated or spasm'd muscles near a set of air sacks? I often ponder this while sucking on VapCaps with no carb. Definitely a sad reality. Hope you zero in on a solution soon.

TommyDee,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Using my Crafty and taking half hits, as S-B recommends anyways, after a full thirty days without vaping, a couple of days ago I started again--and it feels great! Last eve was a small party with great craft beers and some good weed: I vaped a whole lot--and still feel great.

For those experiencing chest pains and/or too much coughing, I highly recommend taking a break and doing edibles/oils. And much of the fun has returned to vaping now.

armani

Professional Stoner
I have been having same symptoms as you describe it, right side of chest and at times also same place on my back, doctor has checked me and nothing.....
I went to a chiropractor and that eased my pain a bit, he thinks i might have a pinched nerve under the shoulder blade.

I dont know... But it does get worse when vaping...have not tried combusting yet though....

armani,

Cdub5

I have been having same symptoms as you describe it, right side of chest and at times also same place on my back, doctor has checked me and nothing.....
I went to a chiropractor and that eased my pain a bit, he thinks i might have a pinched nerve under the shoulder blade.

I dont know... But it does get worse when vaping...have not tried combusting yet though....

I have been considering chiropractor. MDs seem to have no answers and just want to give me pills.

Would love to try combustion again, just to test, but that's not low key enough .

Cdub5,

DNALF

Would really like to see an update from the OP! I recently made the switch to vaping a few weeks ago to try and make the healthy switch. I bought a Solo II and vaped strictly dry herb only. About a week in I felt a little pain in my upper right abdomen right below my chest (similar to pressing on a bad bruise). This progressively got worse as days go on so I quit vaping and smoking for about 7 days and felt good enough to take a few hits from a joint. I thought my problems were gone but then a new problem popped up, the center of my chest felt really pressurized. I also suffer from anxiety but I’ve been smoking marijuana everyday for 2+ years and never had a problem with any types of pains or anxiety issues from it. This was the closest forum I’ve had to the same issues I had and was wondering how you were doing 4 months later? Thanks!

DNALF,
Reactions: themhz

Mookie0608

Would really like to see an update from the OP! I recently made the switch to vaping a few weeks ago to try and make the healthy switch. I bought a Solo II and vaped strictly dry herb only. About a week in I felt a little pain in my upper right abdomen right below my chest (similar to pressing on a bad bruise). This progressively got worse as days go on so I quit vaping and smoking for about 7 days and felt good enough to take a few hits from a joint. I thought my problems were gone but then a new problem popped up, the center of my chest felt really pressurized. I also suffer from anxiety but I’ve been smoking marijuana everyday for 2+ years and never had a problem with any types of pains or anxiety issues from it. This was the closest forum I’ve had to the same issues I had and was wondering how you were doing 4 months later? Thanks!

Not meant to be offensive but is there a possibility your causing your own pain? How much are you vaping and how often? I’m only asking because I have anxiety issues too and the things your describing kind of scream anxiety/panic attack. When I smoke/vape a lot I get that pressure by my side in my rib cage area and center of my chest the one in my chest usually feels like pressure sometimes a stabbing pain but it’s always usually anxiety related and as the intensity of the high wears off the pain gets weaker and weaker then eventually I go back to breathing normally too. I will legit hyperventilate when I have anxiety attacks. Weed can help with anxiety and mental patients but it can also make your symptoms much more amplified as well. When I made the switch back to smoking my problems got a little better and I’m more relaxed. Idk how to explain it other than a vape cannot compete with smokings effects for me personally. I can’t explain it other then the relaxation is more intense sleeping is easier to do and the pain relief is like comparing Tylenol to a narcotic. If you find the right strains though that best help you stick to them. And try to work on your deep breathing when you feel the pain and just see if it gets a little better. I’m just being honest if your brain works the way mine does you can convince yourself easily your smoking something laced because everyone wants to get over on someone. Odds are it’s not laced even from a dispensary but anxiety is more powerful then many realize. It’s so powerful it fools people daily making them thing there having a heart attack when there heart could be 110% healthy.

Mookie0608,
Top Bottom