Low-temp combustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaked420

I started out consuming cannabis by vaping and I have always preferred it besides a few month stint in my "college days" (was only a couple years ago, I just graduated lol but feels like a lifetime ago). But there has always been something about smoking that every month or two, I feel the want to mix it up and smoke. And every time I would be dissapointed once again. That ashy, awful taste. Lungs feeling like freshly pressed asphalt and not even getting stoned, but just light headed from coughing and oxygen deprevation.

But then I discovered low temp combustion! I began by starting to try to smoke my joints slower and keep the cherry down and I posted this in the do you still smoke joints thread. But then I found this little hello kitty pipe my friend had left at my place and it has an Itty little bowl that holds maybe .05-.1 grams of finely ground weed(I use the MFLB after grinder). From there I slowly started to light it as minimally as possible which usually meant a barely visible, very low temp cherry or even no cherry at all. And what I found was nice flavorful smoke that wasn't harsh at all and actually had a very nice unique taste. It still had a smokey taste, but more like a smoker would make meat taste. Didn't necessarily have the best after taste after smoking a couple bowls like this, but I wasn't rushing to brush my teeth like I usually am. I also didn't smoke the bowl till it was white ash or anywhere near, just till the flavor had gone, which was when I couldn't see any green left.

So anyways figured I'd post this for anyone's reference who misses smoking, but doesn't want the horrible high temp effects. If you can really keep that cherry small and low, you will be rewarded with pungent, smooth acidic smoke that really is cool at least to me.

Edit: also I just smoked about a .08 gram bowl I'd guess and it got me about as high as I would expect about .03 grams vaped to get me. But that being said A. I don't hold my hits in with the smoke so if you already don't hold your vape hits in more than a couple seconds this won't be a big difference and B. it's definitely true that there's a fuller cannabinoid spectrum from smoking as the higher temp cannabinoids are released, and it's definitely clear that the lower temps don't burn as many of the cannabinoids up. But ya I definitely prefer this to high temp vaping and it still gives better high temp cannabinoid release since I'd guess the cherry is 600 ish degrees. There's something about being near combustion but not quite at it with 400+ degree vaping that just has this awful taste that is seemingly gone when you get to actual combustion.

Last edited:
Vaked420,

Vaked420

Ya alright, I get that it's literally in the title of the forum. I just saw it as some thing I thought people who vape might also enjoy. Any regular combusters just brush me off as if I'm crazy lol

And I didn't intend to say it is anywhere near as healthy as vaping, or that I even come close to preferring it. I just found it personally interesting and thought it might intrigue others on this site

Vaked420,
Reactions: Squiby

Vaked420

I am uncertain as to the theory of low-temperature when we talk of combustion (Although know that we can generate more heat the more fuel and oxygen we combine and that heat and temperature are different things.), pipe smokers have contests to see how long they can keep the cherry alive.

http://www.smokemag.com/0901/pipes.htm

That's really cool! I've done similar with weed, but to get it to really cherry like that with weed it either has to be really dry or really burning haha

Vaked420,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom