Looking to replace my "ancient" Volcano circa 2009, any suggestions?

JOHN GALT

I've been thinking about replacing my old Cano but I just can't make up my mind about what to get. The new Onyx looks nice but I keep thinking there must be something that has newer technology than what I've been using for over 10 years.

My grandkids keep telling me about "dabbing" and "e-rigs"

And I'd like to try some of the concentrates available today, use to like having some hash & hash oil back in the day.

Everyone here seems to have multiple devices, if not dozens, and I'd like to get something that I won't be looking to replace next year , besides the fact that I don't have much available space for storing multiple devices : )

Is there any single device that works equally well with both flower & concentrate?

Much appreciate any suggestions for a old "newbie" here at FC!

justcametomind

I bought many vapes before and after my Volcano. If there is a vape that I wouldn’t let go it is the Volcano. I have a Digit. Onyx is just a new color and imho the additions made to the Hybrid do not justify the cost.
Another vape that I like a lot is the Supreme but unfortunately it’s not being made anymore, worth trying getting second hand one. Hard to find a hardest hitter and nice if you want to start “dabbing” flower in a hit or two, faster than you are used to.
I’m not into concentrates and I wouldn’t get a vape specifically made for them other than a banger+enail system. Isn’t it still the gold standard? Getting an enail apparatus could be a good starting point to vape concentrates and also to attach compatible vapes like Flowerpot or the Supreme v4/v6.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It just depends on how you like to vape - Most of the new stuff is for bongs but most old school volcano users probably don’t care much about bongs.

You might go a different direction and check out an on demand portable, something you can use without dealing with the desktop vape station. An e-rig for concentrates might be worth looking into as well, it’s gonna handle dabs better than a flower based vape.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is the Firewood 7 a good choice along with a e-rig like the new Ispire Daab or DrDabber Switch?

The FW7 is awesome, if you can score one, we may hear about the FW8 soon enough though too... It is very unique, on demand conduction ceramic chamber, with some hybrid convection, full temp control range regulated replaceable 18650 batteries... Dual use as well, the WPA has a simpler more open pathway so you can connect to glass hooks and water pieces with or without water... The stock setup is very portable and also offer some nice cooling with the stem system.

The tinymight is my other favorite portable today, and it is a bit more versatile, pure convection on demand though, using glass stems as the chamber and vapor path... Pretty much always use mine with a WPA through various glass cooling pieces like jayhook and other dry glass, but also through water it is fun... The stock cooling unit works pretty well, and there are a lot of other options if you skim through the thread, start at the most recent pages and work your way back... The TM is ready to order now, not exactly cheap, especially when you get accessories with it, but should be very worthwhile!

The TM and the FW7 are a perfect pair imo if I had to have just one it might be the TM, but I use both everyday pretty much...

Ispire daab is very new but people really love their wand... Switch seems nice, Seems like there will be a lot more competition in this market soon enough... DabLamp is actually available pretty cheap on sale now and also through Amazon (I have this one and it is perfectly fine! Though I prefer hot start torch dabbing with a quartz banger and my own recycler glass water piece)

If you want one vape to do both, the desktop flower pot vrod I think would be the best bet?? Ditanium could appeal to you too I suppose...

JOHN GALT

Thanks for the input!

You mentioned Flowerpot. That's CannabisHardware right?

Is their Tsunami something worth looking into?

It isn't mentioned very often.

Thanks again, cheers!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the input!

You mentioned Flowerpot. That's CannabisHardware right?

Is their Tsunami something worth looking into?

It isn't mentioned very often.

Thanks again, cheers!

Yes they are cannabis hardware now, honestly I'm not sure about the tsunami, it looks cool, but expensive, there is a thread for it here and I've seen mostly positive?

darbarikanada

you can get an original mighty for ~$270 now; I'm very happy with mine for both flower and concentrates (diff. types of hash, wax), been using it for almost 7 years (I've tried a few other vapes, but rarely end up using them). the only thing it doesn't do is liquid resin - too runny, might get down into the works. if you're concerned about its technology being dated, the version that just came out is 'evolutionary', not 'revolutionary', mostly having to do with battery performance, charging. the reviews of the ceramic bowl range from 'can't tell the difference' to 'I think it's better' - nobody's saying 'wow! amazing improvement!'.

if you want to try dabbing (and not spend a ton of money), you can get a banger with pearls and carb cap from DHgate for <$20 (you'll need a bong).

Top Bottom