Looking for new portable can't get p80

technique

Hi all,

I have been in the market for a convection portable for some time now, I had wanted the p80 but I can't wait around for ever for one to be available.

I need it convection and a heavy hitter without using too much material. I use an ssv desktop at the moment and love how it hits along with the admirable job it does of conserving my material. It needs to be on demand as I can go long periods without taking a draw.

Hoping something is available and more accessible than the p80

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You've got a very wide set of parameters.
Apparently money isn't a major restriction for you. You're going to get a lot of opinions, I think!
You sound like a candidate for a TinyMight (TM2)...
Maybe find a used RBT Splinter Z or V2, and a box mod, for an experience similar to P80.

Texus

Heavy hitter without using much material? Sounds like Anvil in a nutshell. Only portable I consider a true heavy hitter. But I have not tried a TinyMight or TM2, and many claim it is at or near that status (and based on what I know a great suggestion).

In the not-quite-heavy-hitter and ignore-on-demand-request but worth considering category, I am still blown away by the $200 Angus that is about to have its first big drop. About a min to get to temp. And just triple click to turn off heater when you've had what you want. And lately been more impressed that there is less flavor and effects drop off after multiple hits than most vapes. Prob related to how Halogen and balls do the heating.

Bargain suggestion is the Xmax v3 Pro. A killer deal at usual price around $100 but even better at $55 for rebadged one that someone just posted on that v3 thread. Code BReal50

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Bargain suggestion is the Xmax v3 Pro. A killer deal at usual price around $100 but even better at $55 for rebadged one that someone just posted on that v3 thread. Code BReal50
I have an anvil, TM, and v3 pro. The first two can do very efficient extractions. I would call either a heavy hitter.

While the v3 pro is a nice little convection portable, I would not call it a heavy hitter. It just doesn't have the power.

Texus

I have an anvil, TM, and v3 pro. The first two can do very efficient extractions. I would call either a heavy hitter.

While the v3 pro is a nice little convection portable, I would not call it a heavy hitter. It just doesn't have the power.
Yeah, v3 Pro needs a bit of goosing to get close to heavy hitter. But feathering or covering the air intake on it or Angus will get you closer.

Kinda thought of v3 as a while-you-wait-on-p80 or a vape-you-won't-cry-over-if you-lose-it kinda thing.

goldenbrown

I can't recommend enough the Airvape Legacy Pro. The best portable I've tried, don't have a TM but I own a Mighty+, you can't go wrong with the Legacy Pro; powerful, excellent flavor, very good battery administration. Also their customer service it's top

jasp3r

As someone with all vapes mentioned in this thread Tinymight 2, Airvape Legacy Pro, Tetra P80, Splinters, Xmax V3:

my preference is shocker Tinymight 2 followed by P80.

This dude is spot on
There are a number of p80 owners who prefer thier TM overall. The v3pro is not a heavy, but it's significant value for money, not what you're looking for though. TM is the answer

Anvil is different category. Right now using my anvil more than any vape right now but it's not a battery powered portable so not fair comparison IMO

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah, v3 Pro needs a bit of goosing to get close to heavy hitter. But feathering or covering the air intake on it or Angus will get you closer.

Kinda thought of v3 as a while-you-wait-on-p80 or a vape-you-won't-cry-over-if you-lose-it kinda thing.
Angus doesn't need that. Angus is heavy hitter by itself. Angus hits as heavy as Anvil and TM, it's not in the v3p category which imo is an entry level dry herb consumer product.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Angus doesn't need that. Angus is heavy hitter by itself. Angus hits as heavy as Anvil and TM, it's not in the v3p category which imo is an entry level dry herb consumer product.
Isn't the Angus a session vape (why its compared with the mighty in another thread)? Those are usually the opposite of what I would consider a heavy hitter. When I think heavy hitter, I think something that very quickly lets you vape enough to be very medicated. I've seen people advise those with high tolerances to even avoid vapes like the mighty because it would otherwise take them a while to get where they want to be.

Just curious by what rubric you are calling it a heavy. It seems like we maybe need to define the term before it has much use in these kinds of comparisons.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
i prefer my tinymight to my p80. but i also prefer my anvil to both. the only downside is that the anvil requires a torch (for now)

Zuhdj,
Reactions: jasp3r

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Isn't the Angus a session vape (why its compared with the mighty in another thread)? Those are usually the opposite of what I would consider a heavy hitter. When I think heavy hitter, I think something that very quickly lets you vape enough to be very medicated. I've seen people advise those with high tolerances to even avoid vapes like the mighty because it would otherwise take them a while to get where they want to be.

Just curious by what rubric you are calling it a heavy. It seems like we maybe need to define the term before it has much use in these kinds of comparisons.

It has a strong enough heater and good heat retention allowing (at the highest temp) extraction of a bowl in 2-3 huge hits.

GoldenBud

Debatable, other differences too :tup:
TM uses less battery
at 8 level it gives so dense cloud + dark ABV
that's exactly what the author of this thread needs, not close to black ABV but still dark and very dense cloud.
235C in the TP80 wooden stem (also TM wooden stem, woodyvapors) gives brighter ABV, more taste, huge clouds but maybe tiny less dense and requires longer draw by 2-4 seconds... both are champions!

TP80 will make you replace batteries more often, ofc Tetra Dual is a beast if you can get, but get them both!!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
TM uses less battery
at 8 level it gives so dense cloud + dark ABV
that's exactly what the author of this thread needs, not close to black ABV but still dark and very dense cloud.
235C in the TP80 wooden stem (also TM wooden stem, woodyvapors) gives brighter ABV, more taste, huge clouds but maybe tiny less dense and requires longer draw by 2-4 seconds... both are champions!

TP80 will make you replace batteries more often, ofc Tetra Dual is a beast if you can get, but get them both!!

Yeah my main point was, taste debatable, too many variables, both extremely capable, easy to get even dark AVB with Tetra yeah avoid the black scorch if you don't go too high or draw too slow there for too long, while I prefer to go for the lighter AVB with TM2 because the flavor is so good milking the low end of the dial... Hard to make blanket claims that could be subjective, point being they are both top tier, right?!

GoldenBud

Yeah my main point was, taste debatable, too many variables, both extremely capable, easy to get even dark AVB with Tetra yeah avoid the black scorch if you don't go too high or draw too slow there for too long, while I prefer to go for the lighter AVB with TM2 because the flavor is so good milking the low end of the dial... Hard to make blanket claims that could be subjective, point being they are both top tier, right?!
I dunno how to say this.. but.. well, you sure TM1 can be more tasteful than TP80?! only on low temps maybe, you mean? the author is looking for heavy hitter.. 230C / 8/9 in the TM1.. even 10 but it hits too strong for me now...for me the TP80 hits the same but more tasty
the TM will 100% satisfy etc'

with my current weed the TP80 tastes better at high temps...

@technique consider UD SC3+ log with setting of 12.2v, GonG, screen lowered by 1.5 inch to the bottom it extracts SO well for not too much material

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

I dunno how to say this.. but.. well, you sure TM1 can be more tasteful than TP80?! only on low temps maybe, you mean? the author is looking for heavy hitter.. 230C / 8/9 in the TM1.. even 10 but it hits too strong for me now...for me the TP80 hits the same but more tasty
the TM will 100% satisfy etc'

You didn't specify one or two, I do feel like TM2 is slightly better, but yeah I'm talking about milking the low temps, maybe high temp hit verse high temp hit Tetra is better, but my main point is that is totally subjective it is not a universal truth? The variance in my experience is so extreme that I'm not sure I would claim either over the other objectively honestly though I felt like it was tinymight

GoldenBud

You didn't specify one or two, I do feel like TM2 is slightly better, but yeah I'm talking about milking the low temps, maybe high temp hit verse high temp hit Tetra is better, but my main point is that is totally subjective it is not a universal truth? The variance in my experience is so extreme that I'm not sure I would claim either over the other objectively honestly though I felt like it was tinymight
for microdosing the UD SC3+ at high temp is much better than both of them.. but the taste of TP80 still better than UD on high temps but very little a bit...

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

for microdosing the UD SC3+ at high temp is much better than both of them.. but the taste of TP80 still better than UD on high temps but very little a bit...

Yeah I prefer using TP80 to a log honestly much more convenient for me, and the 18 mm male stems as bowl is also more convenient, you can dose a tiny amount with great vapor quality, I'm not sure I would say any log I've tried is any better personally

GoldenBud

Yeah I prefer using TP80 to a log honestly much more convenient for me, and the 18 mm male stems as bowl is also more convenient, you can dose a tiny amount with great vapor quality, I'm not sure I would say any log I've tried is any better personally
get this cloud from less than 0.05gr... the SC3+ is another level on high temps!

Top Bottom