Looking for a safe portable vaporizer but seems like an impossible quest

Postlark

Hello I am new to the forum and I am looking for a portable vape that does not emit toxic substances

I am amazed at how unscrupulous vape makers are and what nonsense this industry is. After reading through many vaporizer reviews and trying to understand the materials that they are made from There seems to be no reasonable concern with the materials used. The problem is that this happens not only on cheap units but on all units I’ve read about including the most expensive and marketed as medical devices such as the mighty or the ghost mV 1. They apparently off gas at room temperature as they have a taste when you pull on them when they are cold

The only conclusion I am taking away is smoking is actually pretty healthy in comparison to inhaling fumes from silicon, batteries,PCB, and from metal elements in the heating coils.

We have been smoking for millennia, how can it be questioned that vaporizing is healthier in these toxic and untested devices?

I have put an online order for a Linx Gaia which seemed the best choice but now I read that some users also complain about strange taste and bad isolation.

I am wondering if someone out there that was in the same situation as me found a good solution. I would prefer something electronic and carrying a torch around is not an option. Thank you in advance for anyone that can point me in the right direction.

Rebelistic

I agree the amount of plastic used etc. is a bit dissapointing in some vapes. I think the mighty is pretty safe though, mine is quite old and well used so there's zero platic taste. It would be nice if they made a glass or titanium Mighty though!
The ti Vapecaps are good as only have titanium air path I beleive.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
I am amazed at how unscrupulous vape makers are and what nonsense this industry is.

[rant] most industries [/rant] (i could go on, but what's the point? - at 70 yrs old, i just sound like an old crank.)

I am wondering if someone out there that was in the same situation as me found a good solution.

not a portable solution, but a mobile solution - i.e. battery powered, but too big to fit in a pocket - so it has a case to hold all the bits and pieces. i made my own. design and programming is public domain.

all glass, not even a metal screen. i'm not aware of anything comparable.

C No Ego

Hello I am new to the forum and I am looking for a portable vape that does not emit toxic substances

I am amazed at how unscrupulous vape makers are and what nonsense this industry is. After reading through many vaporizer reviews and trying to understand the materials that they are made from There seems to be no reasonable concern with the materials used. The problem is that this happens not only on cheap units but on all units I’ve read about including the most expensive and marketed as medical devices such as the mighty or the ghost mV 1. They apparently off gas at room temperature as they have a taste when you pull on them when they are cold

The only conclusion I am taking away is smoking is actually pretty healthy in comparison to inhaling fumes from silicon, batteries,PCB, and from metal elements in the heating coils.

We have been smoking for millennia, how can it be questioned that vaporizing is healthier in these toxic and untested devices?

I have put an online order for a Linx Gaia which seemed the best choice but now I read that some users also complain about strange taste and bad isolation.

I am wondering if someone out there that was in the same situation as me found a good solution. I would prefer something electronic and carrying a torch around is not an option. Thank you in advance for anyone that can point me in the right direction.
clean isolated air path vapes... that places the electronics away from heated air ETC...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Sounds like you're looking for an S&B vape like the Volcano. They are supposed to be medical-use certified.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I'm an older vaper who grew up with severe asthma and so I have sensitive lungs. I'm also something of a fitness nut, though not fanatic. There seem to be three vape manufacturers--there may be more--who take health concerns seriously: S-B, Arizer, and Healthy Rips. S-B vaporizers have been certified for medical use by the European Union, which is about as serious as you get on this planet. Numerous folks have torn down S-B vapes and found that there is essentially no discernable difference between the EU certified vapes and the ordinary vapes. Taking that extra step for us, Healthy Rips does extensive safety and health investigations of all their vapes. Arizer has consistently been the most professional and transparent manufacturer in the business. Even though I currently don't own one of their vapes, I put Arizer up with S-B for Trustworthiness. I would trust any vape made by these folks.

My current favorite portable--I own 7 others--is the Healthy Rips Fury 2. I've owned it for almost a year now and use it daily during hiking and skiing season. It is small, reliable, heats very quickly and consistently. With the dosing capsules, it is also extremely convenient and easy to use in any conditions. After almost a year of daily use, it still heats up in seconds. Given HRs commitment to health and safety, I feel confident using it.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'm starting to feel like a broken record but what the heck....what about the OG Solo? Been around for a long time and still is one of my favorites. I've never heard anyone complain about off gassing, smells, taste....and although I've done a initial max burn on every vape I've owned ... it wasn't necessary with any of my Solos.

EDIT: Just read a new thread with someone mentioning a concern about the internals for the Solo. News to me and I may not agree but I'd be less than honest if I didn't mention it here after writing the above.

Last edited:

Vaporware

I think there are a lot more options out there than you realize. Here are 3 desktop options:

1. NewVape FlowerPot - completely Grade 2 Titanium - simple to see
There’s nothing else in the air path.

2. Elev8r - Entirely made of glass (or the heater can be quartz now I think, if you prefer...the glass heater may not be too durable).

3. Evo - I believe the air path is entirely glass.

There are many options that are questionable as you said, but there are more people taking safety and vapor-path purity than you thought. :)

NAMZUGED

The Linx Gaia looks good but that’s about it. The battery sucks. Load size sucks. Hit consistency sucks. Flavor consistency sucks. More so for micro dosers. It’s gonna take a lots of time and effort to get to a good level of elevation. Also a learning curve to using it too.

Don’t get me wrong, I own one, and use it quite regularly. I just wish I went with the Mighty despite the black and decker type design and slightly larger size.

NAMZUGED,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@Postlark

Hello-
I can relate to a lot of your concerns, regarding manufacturing standards- (in fact, reading your post sounds like my concerns about five years ago when I entered the scene) while I do not agree that combusting is currently the better option, I do feel that many of the artisans creating small batch vapes have shared these concerns, and have addressed many of them in their personal designs.
I would recommend that you take some time to read some of the threads as there are artistan vapes that have all glass paths, titanium used, medical aluminum and such. My medical motivation has not reduced in the time I've been here either. Much of my collection now centers around wood bodied vapes,(with user changeable battery) and I personally trust that.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I've got a small fleet of 'palm-vapes' for concentrate that are either Joyetech or eLeaf boxmods, with a variety of atomizers from Divine Tribe @divinetribe , that all use a clean ceramic/glass airway (tested), work gangbusters! I'd try one of his v3.5 atomizers to begin with, perhaps get one of the Quarts Quest atomizers (which rock, but require a bit of retraining, use smaller amounts and don't pull on it like a freight train). check 'em out @ www.ineedhemp.com... Highly recommended.

looney2nz,
Top Bottom