Looking for a portable at around 180$

Sigarya

I want to start getting into this dry herb vaping thing and now looking for a portable convection device that is somewhat affordable. I was looking at the Utillian 722 and 620 and liked them both but not sure which one to choose.

I use dry herb almost exclusively, I like to tweak with things and precise temp control seems nice but I'm not sure how important it actually is.
Flavour, vapour and portability are most important to me.
I currently smoke a few joints a day with tobacco if that matters.

I was also looking at the Arizer Solo II, but really don't know how to choose one.
Which one do you think will fit me better?
Would you recommend something else in this price range?
Thank you!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I agree with @Kaptan that the Tinymight is an excellent choice if you can manage the $258 price.

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari is also on point with the Xmax V3 Pro recommendation. It's not as powerful or pleasant to use as the Tinymight but it's a capable portable with great features and good performance for the low price.

Fuck the old Arizer session portables with their weak, heaters and annoying draw resistance 👎

Squidge

Butane powered
I would also recommend the XMax v3 Pro...along with a couple of spare* 18650s (Molicel P26, or P28) and an external battery charger (Xtar is the one I use, though there are other good brands out there).

It will give you a good idea of what dry herb vaping is about without breaking the bank.

*There is nothing worse than going to vape and finding the battery needs charging. :doh::bang:

NB. Make sure you buy the batteries from a reputable company as there are fakes out there. (I'm sure there are forum members who can give you names for companies in the US/Canada - I'm in the UK and only use Fogstar)

Squidge

Butane powered
We should also add that devices by Utillian are notoriously underwhelming. You never see them being mentioned here.
Aren't they owned/promoted by TVape?

I've seen a few of their "Best 5..." Vids and how the Utillian (whatever) is rated better than a Mighty* makes me question their honesty.

*I don't own (or want) a Mighty but even I know they're rated highly.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think you should consider your location when going for a first vaporizer, because you want it to be an easy and positive experience, including service returns, though we hope they're not needed.

Your location aside (I don't know it!) the line from Healthy Rips has been a go-to for starting vapers, and they are described as convection-heating (some argue the finer points -- that during a session the chamber will heat up and that is called conduction).
The HR Rogue is in your price range at about $160 and Puffitup is still listing a sale code banner...

These are not rated absolute top tier for, say, flavor, but they are very good, user friendly, and will produce thick, reliable clouds like a smoker is looking for. The convection vapes that are more 'on-demand' have a little bit of learning curve.

vapviking,
Reactions: Siebter

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah this was the answer:
Look at the Xlux Roffu, or Xmax v3 pro for cheaper and maybe more bang for buck?
If you can spare a few more $$, the TinyMight is one of the top tier portables that is on-demand full convection.

If you can swing the price range, TM will be the best overall vape quality, glass stem as chamber and vapor path, pure convection on demand, easy to keep clean and very modular, great with other glass pieces, dry and water, hooks and other aftermarket stem options, with easy swappable batteries and full temperature range dial...

Xmax and xlux have the batteries, similar on demand and session ability, not quite the same power, but they have the digital temp control if that appeals to you (though it can be misleading as it is not 100% accurate or the same vape to vape anyway so I prefer the analog dial but digital can be fun) they are more budget style so the vapor quality, flavor purity, ultimate power, not quite on that level but they are both very capable (I prefer the V3pro as Roffu is still newer)

Sigarya

Thank you for your help everyone, I cancelled my Utillian order, good to know.
Now I'm not sure what to choose instead.
I would've taken the TinyMight but I have to pay 17% tax and maybe shipping and it's just too much, unfortunately.

The Rogue, XLUX Roffu and Xmax V3 Pro are the ones I picked up from your comments, I will check those out and see what I think.
No disrespect, but does the Xmax actually compare to the others at this price? Is it better than the Utillian?
Also, what do you think about the Boundless Tera?

I don't have a problem spending up to about 180$ if it's worth it.
I would really appreciate your opinions as to which one will be best.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
No disrespect, but does the Xmax actually compare to the others at this price? Is it better than the Utillian?

I haven't tested the XMax V3 Pro yet, but I trust the swarm intelligence of Fuckcombustion – for a long time it wasn't easy to recommend a battery driven entry level device for a fair price, because there hardly were any that were considered to have the quality and performance the XMax apparently has. On the other hand there are tons of offerings like the Utillians that are „meh” at best.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you for your help everyone, I cancelled my Utillian order, good to know.
Now I'm not sure what to choose instead.
I would've taken the TinyMight but I have to pay 17% tax and maybe shipping and it's just too much, unfortunately.

The Rogue, XLUX Roffu and Xmax V3 Pro are the ones I picked up from your comments, I will check those out and see what I think.
Also, what do you think about the Boundless Tera?

I don't have a problem spending up to about 180$ if it's worth it.
I would really appreciate your opinions as to which one will be best.

Not everything is for everyone, but I am very impressed with the Xmax V3 pro, the most out of those others, even though it is the cheapest! Cannot compare to TM though

vapviking

Old & In the Way
V3 Pro is a really good selection and yes, get the glass wpa if you can.

I'm most curious how did you change your FC name (@THENOAMAN is out, @Sigarya in)? I didn't know that was possible (not that i am looking to do it).

EDIT;
Now I see a small symbol next to your name that signals a name-change (and shows previous names!). I just didn't know that was a thing...

Last edited:
vapviking,
Top Bottom