Looking for a new vaporizer, basic ideas in my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
[Mods if this is more appropriate in the model specific section by all means move it there:)]

I've got an Iolite, Extreme .v3 and a Launchbox. I use the Extreme only on Fridays/Saturdays because I leave it at my g/f's house, I use the Iolite once or twice a week (mostly when walking the dogs), and use the LB all over the place all the time. But I'm getting itchy to buy a new vape. As much as I'd love to get a digi Volcano or Zephyr Ion I can't justify these at the moment; I've already got a bag vape. I'm not looking for another portable, although if the unit was, er portable that would be a plus.

I think I'm down to a Purple Days, or Myrtle/Aromazap, and it would probably stay plugged in 24/7 and end up being used almost exclusively at home. I am looking for something sturdy (I'm a klutz :)) and 'arsty' (if it is going to be out and on display all the time it might as well look good).

I've tried to do a lot of reading and just can't figure out if there is a functional difference between the AZ/MZ and PD.

Any opinions?

Tom

tdavie,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I would say get either a MZ or a PD Pandora. very close in price... can't go wrong with either one. Question is then, do you want a warranty? MZ has warranty, PD Pandora doesnt (Got to build it yourself).

DevoTheStrange,
tdavie said:
I've tried to do a lot of reading and just can't figure out if there is a functional difference between the AZ/MZ and PD.
Any opinions?
Tom
Tom,

I think you're on the right track. No functional difference that I perceive from reading the many hundreds of incredibly descriptive posts about the "log" vapes. I am partial to the MZ because that's what I went with.

It sits on my desk in my home office, where I spend an awful lot of time. Plugged in 24X7 with the diffuser cup aromatherapizing my side of the house (wife loves the gardenia oil I am on now). It is quick to hand to suck back a couple of stems when needed and I have found that, contrary to other posts, I do not have to let it "heat up" without the cup at all. I can pull the cup off and hit a stem immediately and it seems the same to me.

Now, mine is well-seasoned and broken in, but I have only ever used the 12V adapter so it is what it is. Temp seems just right to me. The only lack for me is portability and I will remedy that with a MFLB as soon as I save up some more of what I just sent to the Infernal Revenue Service!

Howie Feltersnatch,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I am also very happy with my MZ. I do use the 13.5 adapter during use because I wanted mine to run a little hotter. My understanding is that the log vapes all basically operate the same (however, there will be those who are firmly in one "camp" or another). I also own the LB which is great for portability and stealth. IMO you really can't go wrong with either one. And I agree with the "art" aspect. I love the looks of my MZ and absolutely no one knows what it is since it's so good looking and has the aromatherapy option. I leave it plugged in 24/7 (as I said, switching over to the 13.5 when I want to use it) and it's always ready to rock.

momofthegoons,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom