• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Looking for a new portable, thinking of the Arizer Air 2

vapeguy

Today I only used my Volcano to blow one bag for the first time in years (as opposed to a few bags per day), and that one bag was just because I wanted to let the Air 2 finish charging.

I've done all my other vaping of the day on the Air 2 and definitively like it, I was expecting to need 2 loads because I have high tolerance and my volcano probably holds a few grams at a time (though one load can last me 2-3 days being so big), but one Air 2 load is plenty.

I seem to get similar tastes at similar temperatures compared to my Volcano Digit, but of course the vapor is way fresher on the Air 2 having been produced less than a second before you inhale it as opposed to the Volcano's vapor that can go up to several minutes old.

BTW I added a signature with my vape history though it's possible I'm forgetting one, I had almost forgotten the Vapir one from close to 20 years ago, it sounded like a hairdryer lol. I striked through the Pax even though I technically still have it as it's dead to me as it never worked properly, I think that never should have made it to market and the Pax 2 should have been the first one.

Last edited:

habitat-fc

Today I only used my Volcano to blow one bag for the first time in years (as opposed to a few bags per day), and that one bag was just because I wanted to let the Air 2 finish charging.

I've done all my other vaping of the day on the Air 2 and definitively like it, I was expecting to need 2 loads because I have high tolerance and my volcano probably holds a few grams at a time (though one load can last me 2-3 days being so big), but one Air 2 load is plenty.

I seem to get similar tastes at similar temperatures compared to my Volcano Digit, but of course the vapor is way fresher on the Air 2 having been produced less than a second before you inhale it as opposed to the Volcano's vapor that can go up to several minutes old.

BTW I added a signature with my vape history though it's possible I'm forgetting one, I had almost forgotten the Vapir one from close to 20 years ago, it sounded like a hairdryer lol. I striked through the Pax even though I technically still have it as it's dead to me as it never worked properly, I think that never should have made it to market and the Pax 2 should have been the first one.

The Air 2 is a great vape, I used to own one but the screen broke. I'm not sure why @Shit Snacks is giving you such a hard time for choosing it. The Air 2 when fed good stuff is very efficient and effective. I found it far more effective than the Mighty which is a highly regarded portable. (Just be careful with the screen though it is very fragile)

habitat-fc,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The Air 2 is a great vape, I used to own one but the screen broke. I'm not sure why @Shit Snacks is giving you such a hard time for choosing it. The Air 2 when fed good stuff is very efficient and effective. I found it far more effective than the Mighty which is a highly regarded portable. (Just be careful with the screen though it is very fragile)

I wasn't trying to give him a hard time, but he asked for opinions, and I was trying to give him a suggestion based on what he said his needs were... However he just wanted to get what he wanted to get from the first post. Anyway I would like to try an Air2, but based my experience with Air and Solo compared to my current portables... it just can't hold a candle to them, and I also wasn't so into the mighty either! Again, to each their own if it works for you then it works for you :2c::peace:

Shit Snacks,

vapeguy

I wasn't trying to give him a hard time, but he asked for opinions, and I was trying to give him a suggestion based on what he said his needs were... However he just wanted to get what he wanted to get from the first post. Anyway I would like to try an Air2, but based my experience with Air and Solo compared to my current portables... it just can't hold a candle to them, and I also wasn't so into the mighty either! Again, to each their own if it works for you then it works for you :2c::peace:

I wanted to be made aware of other models I might not have been aware of before making my final decision and I appreciate the suggestions I got but it was mostly the lack of a removable battery that made me not want those.

The Air 2 is significantly improved over the Solo and Air, I can't personally talk about the Air, but I had a Solo and the Air 2 is far better for such a similar design. The much improved airflow, precise temp control, faster heat up, replaceable battery and more compact size make it much better. You're talking about the Air 2 as if it had no improvements over the Solo or Air.

vapeguy

I was just reminded of the Grasshopper, while it is out of the price range I was looking at, is it one I should consider in the future? I love how tiny and stealthy it is.

Is it me or it seems to hold a lot more than the Air 2? If so multiple loads wouldn't be necessary.

vapeguy,

Shit Snacks

I was just reminded of the Grasshopper, while it is out of the price range I was looking at, is it one I should consider in the future? I love how tiny and stealthy it is.

Is it me or it seems to hold a lot more than the Air 2? If so multiple loads wouldn't be necessary.

The grasshopper, like the other vapes I was mentioning, is on demand convection, so yes multiple loads would not be necessary compared to the air because as I was explaining they are much more powerful so each hit will hit harder than the Air... those vapes are designed to take a hit put it down and come back to it later, especially when you don't have a tolerance for them yet. Anyway grasshopper is a tough one to recommend for a variety of reasons, but if you are going to wait into the future they could really shape up, it is a strong performer vape (though personally I had a lot of issues with it, I use it now with the max vapor PA so I don't have to worry about batteries or it getting too hot, but it's no longer a portable for me) This is why I kept trying to steer you toward one of these vapes, if you haven't tried one it can be difficult to appreciate the difference from session conduction...

vapeguy

The grasshopper, like the other vapes I was mentioning, is on demand convection, so yes multiple loads would not be necessary compared to the air because as I was explaining they are much more powerful so each hit will hit harder than the Air... those vapes are designed to take a hit put it down and come back to it later, especially when you don't have a tolerance for them yet. Anyway grasshopper is a tough one to recommend for a variety of reasons, but if you are going to wait into the future they could really shape up, it is a strong performer vape (though personally I had a lot of issues with it, I use it now with the max vapor PA so I don't have to worry about batteries or it getting too hot, but it's no longer a portable for me) This is why I kept trying to steer you toward one of these vapes, if you haven't tried one it can be difficult to appreciate the difference from session conduction...

I have the Volcano which is 100% convection so I know what it is and that it's infinitely better than conduction but I didn't like the convection portables in my price range, I'm still very happy with my Air 2 and barely use my Volcano once a day since I have it. I think it will save me money as I can't load it with however many grams fit in the Volcano, I would probably get 10 to 20 Air 2 loads out of a single Volcano load, and despite that it seems to have similar effects, but a Volcano load can last me many sessions/days.

Anyway I'm happy enough with the Air 2 I don't expect to get a new vape for probably at least a year.

Shit Snacks

I have the Volcano which is 100% convection so I know what it is and that it's infinitely better than conduction but I didn't like the convection portables in my price range, I'm still very happy with my Air 2 and barely use my Volcano once a day since I have it. I think it will save me money as I can't load it with however many grams fit in the Volcano, I would probably get 10 to 20 Air 2 loads out of a single Volcano load, and despite that it seems to have similar effects, but a Volcano load can last me many sessions/days.

Anyway I'm happy enough with the Air 2 I don't expect to get a new vape for probably at least a year.

Yeah, that is something unique and special to the volcano, the sheer volume you can load, what's amazing about the on-demand pure convection portables is how little you can load and how big of a hit you still get from that... Taking one big hit, finishing the bowl in one, is a classic feature of log vapes for example, since they have full power with small basket screen in direct draw glass stem... So yeah it is tricky to use volcano as the convection sample, enjoy what you have, but definitely look into pure convection on demand portables for future purchases!

Shit Snacks,

daoist

Troy from 420vapezone did a comparison between the Mighty and the Arizer Solo2. I have the Mighty myself since a few days and it is the best quality vape i had so far. The mighty has better vape quality than most desktop vaporizers out there. The mighty is a hybrid volcano in your pocket basicly.

daoist,

vapeguy

Troy from 420vapezone did a comparison between the Mighty and the Arizer Solo2. I have the Mighty myself since a few days and it is the best quality vape i had so far. The mighty has better vape quality than most desktop vaporizers out there. The mighty is a hybrid volcano in your pocket basicly.

I wanted to say that almost 3 years later I just got a Mighty+ and it's a huge upgrade from the Air 2. I like the much larger chamber as I have high tolerance, I think I can load about three Air 2 stems in the Mighty+, I also like how it uses mostly convection, I prefer the vapor it produces, it is much denser and stronger while being smoother. I also like the flip out mouthpiece, the discreet vibration "temperature reached" and "about to shut down" warnings and the stir/packing tool that stores in the device itself.

I also happened to have the 8 capsule magazine I had got with the adapter to use them in the Volcano years ago but ended up not using it but it ended up being a really handy way to carry extra loads cleanly as the capsules work in the Mighty+ so I also like how I can either direct load or use capsules.

It is big but I wanted something that performed and this is by far the most powerful portable vape I've had, it outperforms many plug in vapes I've had.

The Air 2 was ok but a bit weak for me so I ended up not using it very often, I would need multiple loads which was complex and/or messy. A single load of the Mighty+ is enough and if I want more I can bring my 8 capsule magazine for clean simple reloading.

vapeguy,
Top Bottom