Looking for a new battery portable

Cjk0812

Hey everybody, so I'm looking to grab a new portable sometime in the near future and I was hoping to get your insight. Currently my daily drivers are a couple of sticky bricks, a shellshock dynavap with Ti tip,' and a dc elev8r with the boro balls. Im primarily going to be using it by myself or with my S/O (although we typically do our own solo bowls). Id like to be able to use it natively or with glass. So far my choices seem to be the potv V3 Pro, the roffu, the avlp, and it's kind of an outlier cause I had an edge that I can use the warranty for but the Healthy Rios rogue as well. Any insight you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Do you have a specific reason for going battery route? Is ALP (say 200) the limit of your budget?

Out of the ones you mentioned my choice would be ALP, but I think stretching it so you can get a tm (og) would be worth it, it's a proven product.

Cjk0812

You're already considering the right options, at the budget end, if you want a more high-end portable, I'd suggest TM2 (on demand) or take a shot on the new Angus (session)
The Angus is actually really interesting to me. I was looking for something on demand just because that's more what I'm used to at this point and unfortunately the TM2;is a bit out of budget at this point even if I were to be able to order it from somewhere that accepts sezzle like vgoodiez. Plus both me and my S/O are both kinda clutzy with things so I'd have anxiety about something happening to it.
Do you have a specific reason for going battery route? Is ALP (say 200) the limit of your budget?

Out of the ones you mentioned my choice would be ALP, but I think stretching it so you can get a tm (og) would be worth it, it's a proven product.
My main reason for going for a battery route is because I already have a dc-elev8r for a ball vape as well as a dynavap and sticky bricks covering my butane vapes at the moment but I'm missing something battery powered for those times that I just want to chill on the couch or in bed watching something without having to focus on my technique too much or going over to the desk where I have my dc-elev8r setup. But yeah the AVLP is at the top of my budget consideration at the moment.

Another thing that's been in consideration are the 510 based units like the dreamwood glow series but the glows and stempods are all I'm really familiar with in that realm plus if I went that route I may end up over budget with having to get a new mod and batteries even though I used to be an avid ecig user but all of that stuff bit the dust awhile ago.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The Angus is actually really interesting to me. I was looking for something on demand just because that's more what I'm used to at this point and unfortunately the TM2;is a bit out of budget at this point even if I were to be able to order it from somewhere that accepts sezzle like vgoodiez. Plus both me and my S/O are both kinda clutzy with things so I'd have anxiety about something happening to it.

My main reason for going for a battery route is because I already have a dc-elev8r for a ball vape as well as a dynavap and sticky bricks covering my butane vapes at the moment but I'm missing something battery powered for those times that I just want to chill on the couch or in bed watching something without having to focus on my technique too much or going over to the desk where I have my dc-elev8r setup. But yeah the AVLP is at the top of my budget consideration at the moment.

Another thing that's been in consideration are the 510 based units like the dreamwood glow series but the glows and stempods are all I'm really familiar with in that realm plus if I went that route I may end up over budget with having to get a new mod and batteries even though I used to be an avid ecig user but all of that stuff bit the dust awhile ago.

Makes sense to just grab the xmax v3pro then if the budget is important, it's pretty impressive for what it is and very versatile...

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

If you can go without the convection leaning and on demand function and you are looking for couch chilling, I have to add Angus to my previous suggestion for tm. Also I don't think you have to be afraid for clumsiness with tm, it's not as fragile as it might seem.

Cjk0812

Makes sense to just grab the xmax v3pro then if the budget is important, it's pretty impressive for what it is and very versatile...
That's what I'm kinda thinking at the moment though I'm really torn between it and the roffu lite kit from 420edc because they have the roffu lite kit on sale right now for 125 with the wpa and the potv V3 Pro is about 117 with the wpa and from the various comments I've read it seems the roffu has a bit of extra horsepower if I'd want it.

Shit Snacks

That's what I'm kinda thinking at the moment though I'm really torn between it and the roffu lite kit from 420edc because they have the roffu lite kit on sale right now for 125 with the wpa and the potv V3 Pro is about 117 with the wpa and from the various comments I've read it seems the roffu has a bit of extra horsepower if I'd want it.

Yeah but that is also because to me it has less air intake, if you cover air intake with the v3pro you can also get more out of it, my roffu is a bit more tedious to use the form factor and taste vapor quality worse, but a lot of people really like it, they're pretty different, need to decide what you want to use it for I guess? The style of use

Cjk0812

Yeah but that is also because to me it has less air intake, if you cover air intake with the v3pro you can also get more out of it, my roffu is a bit more tedious to use the form factor and taste vapor quality worse, but a lot of people really like it, they're pretty different, need to decide what you want to use it for I guess? The style of use
Yeah actually now that you mentioned that I noticed it in the pictures that the roffu seemed more restricted which would make sense. Especially since I feel the air intake holes on the roffu are in an awkward spot if you want to use it on demand. The V3 doesn't look nearly as awkward to use.

The other thing thinking about is that the potv V3 and the rogue/edge are probably going to use the same accessory attachments so whenever I get around to sending the edge back to healthy rips for either another edge or a rogue, I'll already have those accessories that are cross compatible between the two devices which is also pushing me towards the V3

Shit Snacks

Yeah actually now that you mentioned that I noticed it in the pictures that the roffu seemed more restricted which would make sense. Especially since I feel the air intake holes on the roffu are in an awkward spot if you want to use it on demand. The V3 doesn't look nearly as awkward to use.

The other thing thinking about is that the potv V3 and the rogue/edge are probably going to use the same accessory attachments so whenever I get around to sending the edge back to healthy rips for either another edge or a rogue, I'll already have those accessories that are cross compatible between the two devices which is also pushing me towards the V3

Oh I don't know about healthy rips being cross-compatible with v3pro for the POTV versions, I'm sure they can help with that though! Yeah definitely more accessories available compared to the Roffu for now

Cjk0812

Oh I don't know about healthy rips being cross-compatible with v3pro for the POTV versions, I'm sure they can help with that though! Yeah definitely more accessories available compared to the Roffu for now
To be honest yeah I'm not completely sure. I was thinking that the one and the fury's are kinda related that the accessories should be able to be crossed to a certain extent if the V3 Pro and the one can share accessories. Maybe someone else who has both maybe test and see lol?

Shit Snacks

To be honest yeah I'm not completely sure. I was thinking that the one and the fury's are kinda related that the accessories should be able to be crossed to a certain extent if the V3 Pro and the one can share accessories. Maybe someone else who has both maybe test and see lol?

Haha yeah I think the one, is not quite the same as the edge? I forget... POTV has their new mouthpiece for the xmax so I think it can take the glass stems from One yes. But not Rogue or Edge necessarily (and need POTV mouthpiece adapter)

ConePiece

Airvape sent out an email saying the legacy pro will be on sale from the 25th of this month, they were on sale for like 50% not too long ago so hopefully there's a similar discount. Seems like it's the hardest hitting battery powered vape you can get at a decent price.

Definitely get your edge fixed though if its under warranty. Would be a nice combo together with the AVLP imo.

Cjk0812

So depending on if budget allows, I may try and splurge for the AVLP when the Black Friday sale comes around. Im genuinely curious how people feel about it with the wpa though considering the few comments I've heard on it made it seem kinda cumbersome and unnecessary although me and my S/o both like running through glass.

Texus

At $55 I recommend the King Palm Noir rebadged v3 Pro if coupon code still going.

At $150ish the Roffu is v3 on steroids

At $200 nothing beats the Angus that I can think of. Really nothing under about $350 beats that one. Probably best flavor of the bunch (tho some TM owners may disagree). With much less than usual falloff than on most vapes.

And great ergonomics and ease of use (very similar to Mighty).

Then there is TM as others have mentioned at the $300+ price point. A tad less convenient and quick to load (see Troy at 420 Vape Zone vid on Mighty vs TM) but probably heaviest hitter of the bunch. Also beware of potential glass breakage with TM.

Shit Snacks

At $55 I recommend the King Palm Noir rebadged v3 Pro if coupon code still going

As far as I know that coupon code is not active anymore now...

At $200 nothing beats the Angus that I can think of. Really nothing under about $350 beats that one. Probably best flavor of the bunch (tho some TM owners may disagree). With much less than usual falloff than on most vapes.

It's still early, breaking it in, but I just have to strongly disagree haha it is not just because I love the TM, possible that my Angus is defective? But it absolutely has a fast flavor fall off for me, and then all I taste is inside the device, classic China session style... Not lacking for power though, or dense vapor!

I actually find my xmax v3pro to have neutralized faster, to the point that is still my go-to recommendation on the budget end (I don't get good flavor from my Roffu though as others do, but I also might recommend it before Angus now tbh) just sayin' :2c: :tup:

Last edited:

Texus

It's still early, breaking it in, but I just have to strongly disagree haha it is not just because I love the TM, possible that my Angus is defective? But it absolutely has a fast flavor fall off for me, and then all I taste is inside the device, classic China session style...
How many days have you had it now? It has been winning my reach test over any battery portable I have (incl v3) since start of Oct.

And generally Angus thread impressions seem to align more with my experience re less flavor drop-off, so your experience is a bit of a mystery to me.

Shit Snacks

How many days have you had it now? It has been winning my reach test over any battery portable I have (incl v3) since start of Oct.

And generally Angus thread impressions seem to align more with my experience re less flavor drop-off, so your experience is a bit of a mystery to me.

Yeah no one has suggested that mine might be defective, but it is possible? I only got it on Thursday, but I have been forcing myself to use it, now that I can cut out the mouthpiece and stock WPA for stems, it is much better, but as soon as the initial flavor wears off in 1-2 hits, I taste the nastiness...

I reach for my TM2 and TP80 when I want something better and it's been tough to resist using my new Cobalt Halo as I'm really trying to give the Angus a shot, I promise! (also I do like to use a glass stem in v3pro quite a bit too, Fury2 WPA to be fair, though I'm just comparing about stock setups)

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Honestly the way you describe @Shit Snacks is not at all my experience and I think I would taste what you describe because it sounds gross and experience ruining. I wouldn't be surprised if something is wrong with your unit?

But it absolutely has a fast flavor fall off for me, and then all I taste is inside the device, classic China session style...

Yeah the flavor loss is also not an issue here. I haven't really done sessions no more, but o could ride the 5 minutes from 1-3 and of course it degrades but definitely not gone. Might have to do with strains and quality though (I imagine in general strains you have access to offer more choice and has better quality standard due to fucked up legal status here). These days I do mostly some hits at 5 with hydrotube and at high temp I also enjoy flavor (finishing bowl in a few hits the diminishing taste is not an issue either).

I feel bad for you dude, how you describe it is actually how I experience v3p. I liked it for many reasons but this put me off and after a couple weeks I never touched it again. It just sucks spoiling herb like that and actually having a hard time liking what should at least be a bit enjoyable.

Shit Snacks

Right @Abele Rizieri Ferrari? Like even without the stock mouthpieces I'm still getting really nasty flavors once the terps fade... I think it may be improving though? Each bowl I get a bit more lasting flavor however the nastiness still comes after... So many variables like the herbs, grinds and loads, but yeah it's not like I'm reaching for my v3pro normally either haha but entirely possible I just really do not like session style devices in any case for myself at least?!?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

entirely possible I just really do not like session style devices in any case for myself at least?!?
Yea that's possible, and if you're used to on demand convection a session device can't compete with that for flavor retention. I noticed from the beginning that there was something I liked about how angus oven handles the vapor along the session, so part of it might be personal taste as well.

4-Aces King-High

When in doubt I reach for my TM2 period in Battery Vapes.
By that I mean I feel as if I’m just playing with modifications or Hacks to improve a Vaporizer as manufactured.
Changing screens, mouthpieces , fixed screens that are screwed in Etc.
ALP Extract too fast for me.Fiddly with screens but a Great Vape.
Angus - still playing,but have confidence in the Vape so I have 2, Great so far.

I suggest For You fellow-vapor is the TM OG possibly discounted? Somewhere but I doubt it because it is such a great vape.$200 US PLUS

Xmaxx V3 Pro- My very first vape! It is worth every Penny ! IMO
IQC-nah, may be good enough for Light vapers
Fog pro nah,light vapers
Tera Pro? nah,light vapers
Solo 2 ok but nah,in between vapes-user.
those are my Experiences.
AnGus or Mighty for sessions
TINYMIGHT OG OR TM2 ANd never buy another vape! Nah I’m full of crap- buy as many as you Can!

Shit Snacks

Yea that's possible, and if you're used to on demand convection a session device can't compete with that for flavor retention. I noticed from the beginning that there was something I liked about how angus oven handles the vapor along the session, so part of it might be personal taste as well.

For sure, but so if I start low with my current setup I can get good flavor for a bit, obviously starting higher it fades faster, but I think if when it starts to fade I pump up to boost I can get a bit more and then turn it off to finish even if it's not fully extracted to not have to puff on the unpleasant taste on its own much... You know I really would like to experience some pure tasting session, figured this could be it with the good convection, but I definitely would need all glass path stems to get closer I think (aside from the potential internal issues possibly defective) as I'm not sure the metal chamber is ideal for me, considering I had issues with the metal top etc so I think that is another aspect to my enjoyment of the vapor quality... So session style versus on demand yes, but also I want think really glass stem / bowl chamber pure pathways more...?

Top Bottom