Looking for a cheap android tablet to get the volcano app

SkutFarkus

MMJ Patient
I purchased the - 7” onn. Tablet gen 2 with android - in hopes of using it with my volcano hybrid. I’ve been unable to connect, and the app keeps giving me the message, "Location permission required. For a smooth Bluetooth connection between your smartphone and your device, the app needs your permission to use the tracking services. Use the location services exclusively for this purpose."
Does anyone have any experience with this? Or can you recommend a cheap android tablet that will run the app and connect to my hybrid. The web app is getting really annoying and is pretty useless without being able to do anything with firmware or workflows.

SkutFarkus,

justcametomind

You would have to allow the app to know your location, no matter what device you put the app into and there’s probably no need to buy another.
I have the same app for a Crafty and IIRC it has some sort of “find my vape” function, that’s why it wants to know that.

justcametomind,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Maybe there an issue with geotracking not working properly because the tablet is lacking a SIM?

vaporoufixtras,

justcametomind

Things may have changed but in order to use the Crafty app I only needed to connect my old android phone to internet. I remember very well it worked without SIM

SkutFarkus

MMJ Patient
I purchased the - 7” onn. Tablet gen 2 with android - in hopes of using it with my volcano hybrid. I’ve been unable to connect, and the app keeps giving me the message, "Location permission required. For a smooth Bluetooth connection between your smartphone and your device, the app needs your permission to use the tracking services. Use the location services exclusively for this purpose."
Does anyone have any experience with this? Or can you recommend a cheap android tablet that will run the app and connect to my hybrid. The web app is getting really annoying and is pretty useless without being able to do anything with firmware or workflows.
I ended up returning the onn tablet and got an even cheaper tracfone. Worked out even better. More remote sized than the tablet and does just what I wanted. S&B should just include a tiny touch screen remote with app installed or give a voucher for a free tracfone to use as a remote. Cause that web app for the volcano does didly squat for workflows or iterations. And IMO that’s the whole point of the app. And for that matter the whole point of having a hybrid. I love my hybrid so much more now that I can create my own custom workflows & iterations and access all the settings.

SkutFarkus,
Top Bottom