Lookah Seahorse 2.0 New Dab Pen

JamesM420

Manufacturer
I want to introduce you to the latest product from Lookah, the new Seahorse 2.0 vape pen.

The Lookah Seahorse 2.0 is a comprehensive update to the original seahorse vape pen, which won the Best Designs Award when showcased at the 2019 Hemp & CBD expo.

With this new vape, we've updated several aspects of the original Seahorse, which were subpar, and together these mean this newest Seahorse delivers a far superior dabbing experience.

The airway vapor path that flowed around the original Seahorse battery was a pain to clean effectively. The Seahorse 2.0 addresses this issue by moving the battery and internals around, so the vapor has a direct line from the coil's base directly to the mouthpiece. Now it's far easier to clean with a little brush or pipe cleaner.

The mouthpiece on this new Seahorse 2.0 is held in place magnetically, so taking it off and giving it a rinse or getting access to clean the device is more accessible as well.

While we were at it, we put a magnetic ring around the cap cover, so we hope those won't get lost as easily.

It has the same familiar five (5) button press to turn on or off the device
And the same variable voltage selections by pressing the power button two (2) times which cycles through the three preset outputs: low 3.2V (blue), medium 3.6V (purple), and high 4.1V (white). Oh, and we made the light better around the power button, so it lights up better and is easier to see.

We changed it to charge from USB-C, which is reversible, so it doesn't matter which way round you plug it in.

It has the same manual and session mode as the earlier seahorse devices. We even designed a new tip which is like a little ceramic straw. Of course, it also fits the older tips if you prefer those.

The retail price for the Seahorse 2.0 is $42.99, and it will be available in a range of different colors. The blue being the first to arrive in stock, but the others should be in stock shortly.

As always, if you would like any more info or have any questions, please message me or email us at support@lookah.com

Seahorse2.0_details_1.jpg

Seahorse2.0_details_3.jpg
Seahorse2.0_details_4.jpg
Seahorse2.0_details_2.jpg

btka

I Like the ceramic Straw Tip... I was never a Fan of this porous Quartz Tips... Think was a good decission... Also think IT IS also easy to Clean.. i know this from the hunibadger vape... For cleaning you only had to do some Heat cycles and IT was Like new... But hunibadger did Not offer variable Heat settings they had only a hot and Not so hot Tip which you had to Change.. and the price of this IS also much much better..

GoGlass

Hi James,

Great news, i love the V1..... !!!

Do you think one day you will make coils in Titanium like on this electronic nectar collector :
8534fc3e21f1235d3a512080584b2e88.jpg

Or a coil with a quartz + clapton coil like on this one :

1630281608488.jpeg

I think that will be a good options for the Seahorse !!!

I have noticed that the flavor is more constant, and for a long time, with these kinds of coils rather that ceramic tips.

Does the new ceramic tip needs frequently cleaning ?

GoGlass,

JamesM420

Manufacturer
Hi James,

Great news, i love the V1..... !!!

Do you think one day you will make coils in Titanium like on this electronic nectar collector :
8534fc3e21f1235d3a512080584b2e88.jpg

Or a coil with a quartz + clapton coil like on this one :

View attachment 12267

I think that will be a good options for the Seahorse !!!

I have noticed that the flavor is more constant, and for a long time, with these kinds of coils rather that ceramic tips.

Does the new ceramic tip needs frequently cleaning ?
Hi GoGlass,

I'm not sure if we will do titanium coils, there are currently no plans to do so but I will suggest it to the engineers, the more options the better.

For cleaning the type 3 coil we find that running a couple of auto heat cycles on it does the job well. As for the frequency for cleaning, it depends a lot on how much you load onto the tip as to if there is much residue left that requires it to be cleaned. Normally if you just dab small amounts with the tip it won't have much residue and won't get clogged so you can do the cleaning after every several cycles through in the session mode.

hope that helps.
thank you.

JamesM420,

GoGlass

Hi James, thanks for your reply, can't wait to try it. I have good hope in this new version, and you have take in account what other manufacturers ignore : the cleaning !!!!!!!!!!

Also what is the material of the mouthpiece ? A vast majority of us love glass, like in the first version.... I hope that it's not plastic, or that there will be a future glass mouthpiece .....

GoGlass,

JamesM420

Manufacturer
Hi James, thanks for your reply, can't wait to try it. I have good hope in this new version, and you have take in account what other manufacturers ignore : the cleaning !!!!!!!!!!

Also what is the material of the mouthpiece ? A vast majority of us love glass, like in the first version.... I hope that it's not plastic, or that there will be a future glass mouthpiece .....

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

For these Seahorse 2.0 the mouthpiece is plastic.

But we will do a Seahorse Pro 2.0 ( due in about a month or so) which will have the same glass mouthpiece as the current seahorse pro but will also take these new type 3 coils.

JamesM420,

GoGlass

Great news, i looooooove glass, specially for mouthpieces !!!

Other differences at this date with the standard 2.0 version ?

GoGlass,

JamesM420

Manufacturer
Great news, i looooooove glass, specially for mouthpieces !!!

Other differences at this date with the standard 2.0 version ?
The main difference between the seahorse and seahorse 2 is that the newer one is easier to clean, uses a type C USB charging port, and can be used with the new type 3 tip.

the Seahorse Pro 2.0 will be similar in look and style to the Seahorse Pro but the differences are that it will work with the new type 3 coils and have a USB type C charging port.

JamesM420,
Reactions: GoGlass

GoGlass

Great ! I will wait for the Pro version, please post a line here when it will be available !!!

GoGlass,
Reactions: btka

Zach Bennett

I purchased this pen about two weeks ago and it’s absolute garbage. The intake gets clogged every 2-3 dabs and is absolutely impossible to clean. The provided “cleaning tool” left debris all through the pen and didn’t even unclog it. I purchased more cleaning tools and was still barely able to clear it out. My wax has somehow made it up to the mouthpiece, which is now just a sticky mess. Overall, a waste of my time and money.

JamesM420

Manufacturer
I purchased this pen about two weeks ago and it’s absolute garbage. The intake gets clogged every 2-3 dabs and is absolutely impossible to clean. The provided “cleaning tool” left debris all through the pen and didn’t even unclog it. I purchased more cleaning tools and was still barely able to clear it out. My wax has somehow made it up to the mouthpiece, which is now just a sticky mess. Overall, a waste of my time and money.
Hi Zach, please PM/DM me your email address, and I will have the service team follow up with you.
I find that pipe cleaners are just as good as cleaning brushes. The brush is made from twisted wire that holds a tight spiral of nylon bristles. If you turn the brush against the thread/spiral of the wire it can pull the bristles out.
there is a cleaning video here that could be of some help to you.
The type 3 coil has a wide opening on it so this means it can pick up a lot of wax, which can cause clogging. putting small dabs on a dab tool or in a separate container and dabbing from that can help avoid this issue. also, try to avoid putting the tip directly into a glob of wax, just gently touch it to the wax then remove it from the wax and inhale as it continues to vaporize the wax on the tip, once the vapor stops you can add a little more wax and repeat as needed.

Last edited:
JamesM420,
I'm not a fan of the 2.0. The Pro and Pro Plus are easier to clean. You can use 2mm allen wrench to plunge the port, which causes a worm of amber oil buildup to squeeze out and I just pinch it off into a paper towel and it leaves the port completely free. I can just clean the wrench with a flame in 2 seconds, wipe it off. The port is too long on the 2.0 so this method is just too messy. Too much building up potential. Also, I don't understand why the Pro Plus (and 2.0) has such a loose fitting cap and the glass is looser in the body. The original Pro is probably the best.

ThisIsWhatHappensLarry,

Jedidd

Ok I just bought one. My first ever dab / wax pen. How exactly are you supposed to use it? I understand using it as a nail with a bong. But using it by itself I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated

Jedidd,

JamesM420

Manufacturer
Ok I just bought one. My first ever dab / wax pen. How exactly are you supposed to use it? I understand using it as a nail with a bong. But using it by itself I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated
Hi Jedidd,

Use it like you would a nectar collector, only the tip heats up by itself.
Don't put the tip fully into the wax as it will pick up too much wax and that can cause it to clog.
There are a few videos that show this easier than trying to describe it.

Hopefully, those will help you but please let me know if you need any more information or feel free to email us at support@lookah.com

Thank you.

hinglemccringleberry

I tried one of these yesterday for the first time, which was also my first time using a honey straw type device. I'm not sure if it was the Pro or Pro Plus, but WOW did it work good. Huge, tasty, fluffy clouds...WAY more user friendly than a wax pen you have to load, omg. Truly impressed.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Top Bottom