long or short air path, which do you prefer?

Best_smokela

Depends what temp I'm vapin' at.

I like shorter, direct, no water at lower temps for max flavor and max effects. I'll often switch to a longer vapor path / add a bubbler at higher temp for some cooling and humidifying of the vapor. Slightly more condensation loss thru the bubbler but this can be minimized with warm water (less condensing out).
How does warmer water affect the condensation of the vapor?

Best_smokela,
Reactions: MinnBobber

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Basically, vapor condenses to an oil when it hits a cold(er) surface like water or glass, and does not make it to your lungs. Of course you cannot use very hot water to eliminate this completely. This is why the best pieces for vaping have minimal volume of water and air and glass passages but cool the vapor enough through their design.

Last edited:

Best_smokela

Basically, vapor condenses to an oil when it hits a cold(er) surface like water or glass, and does not make it to your lungs. Of course you cannot use very hot water to eliminate this completely. This is why the best pieces for vaping have minimal volume of water and air and glass passages but cool the vapor enough through their design.
What are some of your favorite pieces? Just bought a $400 all clear recycler that has way to many problems like too large of water volume, wrong percolating action, oddly formed mouthpiece and joint… it’s a chore to hit:(

Best_smokela,

MinnBobber

How does warmer water affect the condensation of the vapor?
One of the variables in how much vapor condenses out is Temp Differential ( Delta T ).
The larger the temp change in the the vapor , the more condensation there is.

With warm / hot water the Delta T is less than with room temp or cold or ice water, so less condensation. I find ice vapes the opposite of what I want.

And vapor is Really dry so warmer water also humidifies the vapor more. Fill your fav water piece with hot water and take a deep pull….
just plain humidity added air with no cannabis vapor…. it actually
feels really good and soothing.

With cannabis and hot water water piece , that vapor has LESS condensation and soothing humidity ADDED.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
What are some of your favorite pieces? Just bought a $400 all clear recycler that has way to many problems like too large of water volume, wrong percolating action, oddly formed mouthpiece and joint… it’s a chore to hit:(

What did you do that for? Can you return it? :(
My current faves are : Klein fab egg recycler for big hits or RBR for flavour and good times....both are Chinese clones... seems that US made stuff is not always better but i'm sure the originals of these designs will be, if you can find them....

Top Bottom