• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Log vape history

Arawfish

Green Thumb
You guys are thinking way too hard about this I feel like, I’m kinda laughing to myself as I read through this.

Is a Log not just a cylindrical vape made from wood, with a heater? And yes I would still say the GTR’s are “cylindrical”

The only Vapes mentioned here that are not logs have been the Atlas and the Halo.

GoldenBud

Is a Log not just a cylindrical vape made from wood, with a heater? And yes I would still say the GTR’s are “cylindrical”
because log is usually less than a 0.1gr max bowl, the GTR isn't a log :lol:
a log is newbies friendly too, you can flip somebody from 0.15gr in the GTR

GoldenBud,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
because log is usually less than a 0.1gr max bowl, the GTR isn't a log :lol:
a log is newbies friendly too, you can flip somebody from 0.15gr in the GTR
Why is there a “max” amount of herb for log Vapes? That doesn’t make any sense. My Enano XL sure fits more than .1
are you telling me that is no longer a log?

Just because the GTR is square, does not mean its excluded from being a log.

GoldenBud

are you telling me that is no longer a log?
if you're speaking to the people which joined FC like 10-15 years ago, and their profile show that they weren't online since 2015-2020 (there are a lot of them here), so if you tell them you've got a new log, and it's actually a very strong unit that holds a lot of air inlets holes and huge bowl, that will make them confuse, right?

GoldenBud,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
if you're speaking to the people which joined FC like 10-15 years ago, and their profile show that they weren't online since 2015-2020 (there are a lot of them here), so if you tell them you've got a new log, and it's actually a very strong unit that holds a lot of air inlets holes and huge bowl, that will make them confuse, right?
Umm... no.

Why would that confuse someone???

Are designs not allowed to evolve? To get better?

If I were to talk to one of those people, I’d say “Hey check out this new log on the Market! It does this, this, and this.
They might say something like “oh cool! Logs sure have progressed since I last saw them”

Last edited:

GoldenBud

yeah ok why not
but we agree that logs needs to be desktop ye? tp80 isn't a log right?

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

The only Vapes mentioned here that are not logs have been the Atlas and the Halo.

Eh, I say by your logic, Atlas and Halo are logs too then, they are cylindrical, they have two cylinders in fact! :rofl: :p ;)

Shit Snacks

But they don’t stand on their own like a log does.

Actually, the Halo does... It is like a gavel so it stands on its own... I misspoke when I said the Atlas has two cylinders because it actually only has the one in the handle, not the one around the heater like Halo has... But everything else would make the Atlas a log too, so why should that slight form factor difference ruin that? Ehhh semantics :lol::ko:

Shit Snacks,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Actually, the Halo does... It is like a gavel so it stands on its own... I misspoke when I said the Atlas has two cylinders because it actually only has the one in the handle... But everything else would make it a log, so why should that slight form factor difference ruin that? Ehhh semantics
My heady atlas also stands on its own like a gavel. 😃

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Oh you already have your heady? The glass gets hot though, no?? Doesn't need any sort of stand???
The glass does get a little hot, but not as bad as I expected. I can touch the back of the gavel without getting burned but I do like a drop-down with it.

I usually set it on a ceramic coaster, but it did come with a stand.

Shit Snacks

So what you’re both saying is it stands on its own like a Gavel not a Log.

Well technically, they stand on their own, exactly the same way both like a log... The hammer part of the gravel, is basically a mini log, it's not dependent on the handle to stay upright... Just saying! lol this thread

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Wtf hope does any newbie stand when we can't agree the definitions having used these devices for years 😂

In truth I don't think any of the definitions are so binary, there a lot of crossover in the vape world. Some say the couch log is a ball vape, and others a log, when both are actually correct..... IMO 😉

GoldenBud

log is like an Alfred, you know? , from the movie "Get Him To The Greek" ? but on the real meaning of it.... relaxing vaporizer that won't flip a new user.....not huge load..... vertical orienation yea:lol: most of the times....... the halo/Atlas is like next gen logs,hence they're defined as logs...

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Zillacon

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yeah I guess from where I sit the shape isn't as important as the heater if we are trying to create a useful vaporizer taxonomy. Like hypothetically whether a cylinder or gavel shape if it uses the same heater and airpath it seems like its the same vape, you know? And I think the other consideration for me is that right now there is some meaning to the term log already besides the shape/ux: @GoldenBud has alluded to it, but a lot of people think that a quintessential quality of log vapes is that they are efficient. If you look through Ask FC, lots of "which vape" threads that have a mention of wanting an efficient unit are met with log suggestions.

Maybe anything that can be rolled down stairs, alone or in pairs, should count but we have to further divide them based on their underlying heater tech or something. Luckily I can have another puff off of my non-log vape or my log vape and not be so concerned with this ;)

gordontreeman,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

: @GoldenBud has alluded to it, but a lot of people think that a quintessential quality of log vapes is that they are efficient. If you look through Ask FC, lots of "which vape" threads that have a mention of wanting an efficient unit are met with log suggestions.
The spectrum between log vape to glass symphony kinda vapes is so vast.... if labeling something in the middle as a log, it helps marketing hence helping sales then it is a positive thing IMHO...and also IYHO i guess....

GoldenBud,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
The spectrum between log vape to glass symphony kinda vapes is so vast.... if labeling something in the middle as a log, it helps marketing hence helping sales then it is a positive thing IMHO...and also IYHO i guess....
Nah I think the opposite. I’m not so concerned with marketing. Not that I’m not sympathetic to makers, I’d just rather be able to accurately communicate with new users. If log a is an efficient microdoser and log b is designed to match with a b0 as a heavy and we all think they’re both rightly called logs, though, we probably need a better way to distinguish them is all I would suggest.

gordontreeman,
  • Love
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Nah I think the opposite. I’m not so concerned with marketing. Not that I’m not sympathetic to makers, I’d just rather be able to accurately communicate with new users. If log a is an efficient microdoser and log b is designed to match with a b0 as a heavy and we all think they’re both rightly called logs, though, we probably need a better way to distinguish them is all I would suggest.
boom! same like yours, but, E-Nano XL is a problem. it grew from E-Nano, then it's also, not a log?
log is something like a VapCap. it's known to be 0.1gr max, usually. but I accept new changes as long as it does the job to newbies too!
(I heard about some new user that flipped from 0.04gr for a short time, somebody took care of her as a trip guide, used VapCap)

GoldenBud,
  • Haha
Reactions: Arawfish
Top Bottom