Linx Blaze

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
YMMV, but my experience with the Blaze was not what I was hoping for. I wanted it to replace my KandyPens Crystal as the Blaze seemed to have better features. But the difficulty in getting this unit to work right was not worth the hassle for me given all the other great vapes I have in my lineup. I found it difficult to get good rips and vapor with this unit using several different types of concentrate.

Not sure if this contributes to the lack of performance, but what I noticed is that, at least with my unit, depending on which power color your at, the power output of the battery would do strange things. All of the power settings below red performed some type of temperature stepping, but in reverse. So as example, at the lowest setting, pressing power would start out at 4.3v and then within a couple seconds would drop to below 3.9. I don't recall the exact voltage numbers but none of it translated to good performance. I never bothered to use the budder cups I ordered. I had the same general experience with both quartz and ceramic atomizers.

Interesting enough, the highest setting on my unit does not temp step and stays at a constant voltage I believe just over 4v, and it works great as a solid battery for all of my Puffco plus carts (with a 510 ego adapter), but I only dare use it at that setting that remains constant voltage. I wouldn't go by the reviews at their website - I wrote up a not so positive review of some findings of the internals of one of their other devices, but that review was never posted to their website nor did they ever respond to it, nor did the manufacturer respond to my query here in its FC thread.

Personally, I rate the Crystal higher for sure, even down to the internal components as I took its atomizer apart and found no concerns. But I must say, the Linx Eden kicks ass.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
I pretty much agree with @notoriousLrg and could also see the temp stepping, which I thought was to speed up initial heat up, but useless afterwards.
I think I have a faulty unit, anyway. The red light always flickered and now died. But also on the lower settings it seemed inconsistent. I mainly was able to produce reclaim out of my rosin without very little vapour, very fast. Maybe it is also not really suited for rosin. As it is very new, I guess I can exchange it at the shop. But I think I will try to give it back and get something else, if possible.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
The shop sent me a free stamp to send the linx blaze back, which I find noble.
They want to look at it to decide. I am pretty sure they will replace it, but I would prefer to side grade or upgrade. The only other good rosin "pen" they carry is the Puffco Peak. I don't think I can and want to jump on that train now. Well I maybe might if they give me a really, really good price.

Sick Vape,

Vape_Or_Die420

The shop sent me a free stamp to send the linx blaze back, which I find noble.
They want to look at it to decide. I am pretty sure they will replace it, but I would prefer to side grade or upgrade. The only other good rosin "pen" they carry is the Puffco Peak. I don't think I can and want to jump on that train now. Well I maybe might if they give me a really, really good price.
Did Linx take care of you? Do you have any updates on if you are happy with your purchase?

Vape_Or_Die420,

AVENTUS

Anyone try the Linx Blaze yet? I love my Linx Hypnos and feel like Linx makes a quality (and safe) product (although sounds like the Gaia has been having issues). I am hoping the airflow is a little better with the Blaze.

Hey, @AVENTUS, long time, any chance you've tried this?
Nah I took a rather long tolerance break, but am coming back swinging yo!

Still enjoy my Hypnos Zero, the ceramic chamber flavor is truly incredible. And it's durability and stainless finsih look good FOREVER. I still after several years have only broken one atomizer, but two of the aftermarket bubblers I installed on top with my own high temp BUNA-n rings.

Interested to know if anyone who has used the Hypnos zero extensively on it's lowest two temp settings, can confirm that the blaze's lowest two temp settings are just as low as the Hypnos Zero ? Also, gonna check Lynx's website to see if they offer a stock fit bubbler for the blaze, or a heavy stainless magnetic stand like I made for my hypnos zero.

Glad to be back y'all!~!!!!

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Did Linx take care of you? Do you have any updates on if you are happy with your purchase?
Yes. They are willing to replace, but claim it probably was just the light breaking. They would let me upgrade to a Puffco peak. But I am really unsure if It is good to spend that much money on this unit right now.

Vape_Or_Die420

For those who own the Blaze, how durable has the quarts bucket been? I basically drop my Hypnos Zero daily and i have never completely broke one. Of course the glass mouthpiece is long broke. I use it without a mouthpiece and its fine.

My wife rolls her eyes every time i get stoned and leave the vape or a remote on my lap and stand up. Shit goes flying everywhere. Will i ever learn? LOL!

Has anyone broke the quarts bucket by dropping it? My Hypnos Zero innards are unbreakable it seems, which is a huge plus.

Vape_Or_Die420,

hinglemccringleberry

So what's the consensus on the Blaze? Some reviews say it's trash, others say it's awesome. Why the huge difference in opinion?

hinglemccringleberry,

purpletweed

So what's the consensus on the Blaze? Some reviews say it's trash, others say it's awesome. Why the huge difference in opinion?
I had one and gave it away; I just did not find it to be particularly good. The quartz chamber seems unable to completely vaporize concentrates (and has these raised dots in the bottom of the cup which collect reclaim), and using Budder Cups with the ceramic chamber produced wispy hits. I didn't find the vapor satisfying, either way. Additionally, the device becomes insanely hot with use.

Cereal4dinner

Ive had great experiences with the blaze. I got an entire party of people high before with it, this was right after legalization so everyone was low tolerance. But everyone loved the flavour and ease of use. It did get very hot tho, I burned my lips a few times.

Mixed on the buttercups.... Good for people with low tolerance

Cereal4dinner,

druminfected

I had one and gave it away; I just did not find it to be particularly good. The quartz chamber seems unable to completely vaporize concentrates (and has these raised dots in the bottom of the cup which collect reclaim), and using Budder Cups with the ceramic chamber produced wispy hits. I didn't find the vapor satisfying, either way. Additionally, the device becomes insanely hot with use.

You are correct, if you use the quartz or the budder cups it doesn't seem to hit all the way and get wispy hits, but if you use the ceramic one then you are in business especially if you get the bubbler attachment. Right now I have one collecting dust, but am going to bust it out (have a new atty somewhere) and see if what I'm saying is still true to this day.

druminfected,

Zipford

Ive had great experiences with the blaze. I got an entire party of people high before with it, this was right after legalization so everyone was low tolerance. But everyone loved the flavour and ease of use. It did get very hot tho, I burned my lips a few times.

Mixed on the buttercups.... Good for people with low tolerance
I had the same experience with the Linx Eden -- it gets insanely hot after just a few hits. Many reviews downplay this, and Linx gave me no satisfaction (and the draw on the Eden was awful too). Seems like an issue for Linx across devices.

I would also reiterate what was said above: ignore the reviews on the Linx website, I posted an honest review of the Eden and they never posted it -- they curate so they only have good reviews, which is frankly dishonest.

That said, still love the Hypnos Zero.

Top Bottom