Let's try this again

Status
Not open for further replies.

420Downunder

First off let me say hi and what a great forum you guys have here :)
I first tried vaping a few years ago starting with a vapir 1 pos then progressing through several other not so great ones before getting fed up and buying a volcano, also not a great move for me as I never really liked the bag system. I tried a vapordome so I could use a whip and try some vapor bongs but it was too fiddly and didn't give great results and after a while I gave it to a mate who enjoyed it more and just stuck to my glass. That was another problem for me I'm a glass addict and didn't want it to go unused, here's a pic of some of it;
IMG_0935.jpg

I've tried reducing the damage caused by smoking (I'm a heavy med user) by using a carbon filter and inlines, it definately helps but with the amount I smoke I still feel the effects on my lungs and throat more than I care to. So I decided to start researching vaping again after coming to the conclusion I needed one that provided dense hits with a whip that could be hooked up to both my glass and this new double bubbler on the way;
100_0823.jpg

I decided on the SSV with GG joints and both 14.5 and 18.8 adapters and this time I hope to have made the right choice :lol:
What do you guys think, should it work well?

420Downunder,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
The SSV should work well for a bong. It might be a little cumbersome, operating both a vape and the bong can take some finesse if you don't have an extra long length of tubing...

but I'd recommend looking up at the new Vriptech Heating wand to really put your glass to use... their is a thread here. RIGHT up your alley. :cool:

Stonemonkey55 can give you the skinny and hopefully answer any questions that haven't already in that thread. The thing looks dope as hell and I really want one myself.

edit//
sick collection by the way...

SpiralArchitect,

420Downunder

SpiralArchitect said:
The SSV should work well for a bong. It might be a little cumbersome, operating both a vape and the bong can take some finesse if you don't have an extra long length of tubing...

but I'd recommend looking up at the new Vriptech Heating wand to really put your glass to use... their is a thread here. RIGHT up your alley. :cool:

Stonemonkey55 can give you the skinny and hopefully answer any questions that haven't already in that thread. The thing looks dope as hell and I really want one myself.

edit//
sick collection by the way...
Thanks, I did see that but I don't think it's for me for the same reason I don't like heat guns, I don't want to be holding anything that size over the bowl because I'm usually mashed and I suffer from arthritis in my left wrist.

420Downunder,

Beezleb

As a Da Buddha owner, the little brother to the SSV, it would be a good choice but due to the amount of glass you have and your affection for it I suggest researching a good wand vape that will fit into your bong stem.

Vrip http://www.vriptech.com/
Herborizer http://www.herborizer.com/

The Herborizer also just won a cup at the Cannabis Cup this year. I only saw the headline so do not know much else about it. The Vrip is pretty popular and I have heard good things about both vapes. I recommend checking those out to see if they appeal to you more.

The SSV is a solid vape and is the coolest vape on the market in my opinion. I am confident it is a great choice and if I had the money is the vape I would of chosen when I got mine. Today I wouldnt trade my DB for nothing but its grown on me appearance wise, I originally did not care for the industrial design but now I think its pretty cool. Anyways I think the SSV would be a good addition to your collection which is quite nice.

I am just speaking from understanding and not from experience as I have never used the Herborizer or Vrip but I believe it would be possible to obtain the same effects of the SSV using a top line wand vape and your existing your glass and im surmising you like to hit from bongs so using that information this will keep your bongs your in use and in your intake the same which fits your style perfectly.

Happy Vaping.

Oh, yea i saw your post in reply to someone else, oh well was just a thought. As someone already stated you can hook ssv right up to the bowl to bowl stem too to get bong hits too so you can still keep those bong in regular use.

Beezleb,

420Downunder

The herborizer looks interesting and I may pick it up at a later date. I decided on the SSV because of the ability to hook up a bong when I wanted or use a whip if I felt like it.

420Downunder,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Wow that is a sweet collection!

SSV with ground glass connection should work well for you, I get great results from mine (standard connection) and a little ice chamber. The ground glass connection has a wider airstream which should be a plus for big bong rips (less stirring needed for an even cook).

Definitely look into the Herbo as well-- hands free and should work with your collection.

Enjoy the clouds. :)

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Hi 420Downunder welcome on fc ! nice glass colection , the dubble bub is realy classy !! :D

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I am jealous, I don't think my local headship carries as nice a collection that you have. Jut my two cents, the vrip wand is pretty light and arthritis or not, I don't think the weight of it would feel significantly different than holding a lighter to your bowl. With that said, the herbo or her damper might be a good choice if you want to go hands free.

Nothing against the ssv or other whip based vapes, I happen to own a few myself and like them very, very much but, and you knew there was a but coming, with a glass collection as extensive as yours, I truly believe you are doing yourself a slight disservice by connecting a hose to an otherwise all glass vapor path. Like I said, I don't have anything against hoses and the silicon based ones are very good but there is smething about the vapor that is derived from all glass setups that people just absolutely love.

Marcuse can attest to this, the herbo is by far the most popular vape when people come by to taste test at his vapor bar, and withut question, 100% of myfriends prefer the vrip vhw over my ssv, Vaporfection, pd, and evolutions unit. When I first got my ssv and hooked it up to my glass, I preferred it over the clunky heat gun but now that the vhw is available, the ssv is strictly regulated to car use.

I want to make it clear that I still think bag and whip based mahines can be top notch vapes, but judging by your collection, I am assuming you are a connisseur who likes to have the best experience (not just being able to get the highest but the overall experience of vaping) and for 150 you can get the vhw and intake bowl that will drop beautifully into any of your glass pieces. To me, it's absolutely the best bargain out there and truthfully, I would have no problems paying double for it based it's performance.

stonemonkey55,

420Downunder

When's the VRP VHW going to hit the market? I don't believe in prepaying for something when there's not even a shipping date.

420Downunder,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
It was supposed to be last month, let me see if I can get an update for you, stay tuned

stonemonkey55,

420Downunder

Cool thanks :) If it's as light and easy to hold as you say I'll buy one to try once I have a date.

420Downunder,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
grrrrr you have a ti-vap !!! DAMNIT !!! I'm now jalous (but I work hard to make me one :D) so I figure that you know HashMastercut ? are you from TokeCity.com ?

is the bub from MNP ??? the style look familiar to me

Clear_Dome,

420Downunder

Clear_Dome said:
grrrrr you have a ti-vap !!! DAMNIT !!! I'm now jalous (but I work hard to make me one :D) so I figure that you know HashMastercut ? are you from TokeCity.com ?
Lol, yeah she's a ripper all right :D Yep I got it from HMK on TC :)

420Downunder,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
:cheers: 420Downunder glad to have an other glass addict here !!

...can I ask you how much the ti-vap cost you ??

Clear_Dome,

420Downunder

Heck I've had it for nearly 2 years, you know what a stoners memory is like :lol: I think I paid about $110 canadian.

420Downunder,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
not too expensive !!! ...dude the day that I'll be able to make one I'll be fuckin proud LOL ... 110 cad so I also figure you'r canadien !! I'm from Quebec !!! you ?

Clear_Dome,

420Downunder

Clear_Dome said:
not too expensive !!! ...dude the day that I'll be able to make one I'll be fuckin proud LOL ... 110 cad so I also figure you'r canadien !! I'm from Quebec !!! you ?
No mate, HMK is. I'm from Tasmania , Australia ;)

420Downunder,

420Downunder

Damn the more I read the more I realise I really need 3 vapes, a VRP VHW for GonG action, the SSV for whips and a I-Inhale for the road :lol: Hell I'll prob get a PD for those lazy days :rolleyes:

420Downunder,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
420downunder, you hit the nail on the head, look at my signature, pretty much replace the Vaporfection with the SSV and that is a great vapor line up. I'm sure you have a waterpipe for every occassion, now you can have a vape for whatever mood you are in!

Geez, just took a second look at your glass collection... if there was an icon of someone bowing down to you, I would be using that right now.

stonemonkey55,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
How do you get all those pieces into Oz? I thought shit like that was banned from retail? I'm a kiwi but lived in Sydney for 3 years in the late 80s and back then they were clamping down on headshops selling MJ related gear.

You can buy glass pieces in NZ - they get 'round the law by marketing them as vases :lol: but I've never seen any of those long ice catrchers or RooR like glassware in NZ and you cannot import them coz customs will not allowe em thru. Mind you I'd imagine those long fuckers cost a fair but and I struggle to hand over more than 40 bones for a bong :ko:

vaporcloud,

420Downunder

vaporcloud said:
How do you get all those pieces into Oz? I thought shit like that was banned from retail? I'm a kiwi but lived in Sydney for 3 years in the late 80s and back then they were clamping down on headshops selling MJ related gear.

You can buy glass pieces in NZ - they get 'round the law by marketing them as vases :lol: but I've never seen any of those long ice catrchers or RooR like glassware in NZ and you cannot import them coz customs will not allowe em thru. Mind you I'd imagine those long fuckers cost a fair but and I struggle to hand over more than 40 bones for a bong :ko:
All glass paraphernalia is illegal to be sold here, but I believe that's the loophole, I'm buying from overseas (not that these sort of pieces were ever available here anyway) and customs have opened many of my packages and let them through fine. Typical bureaucratic idiocy, bloody lawmakers :lol:

420Downunder,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Well C_D, you know that I am ye old Canadienne and NOW you also know that I will be knocking on your door the very minute you get that Ti-vape perfected. I've wanted one since 12 seconds before I even heard about them :p There is your incentive man. If you can make one like 420Downunder has here, then I'd say that'd be worth at LEAST $110. In my mind a piece as hard to find as that is worth considerably more...

And on that note...welcome to FC, 420DU!! Really awesome to have you here, and let me join the chorus and say what a beautiful glass collection you have. I never had anything even close to that extensive but upon taking up vaping for the second time (when I joined FC), I pretty much cleansed my whole collection...minus my favorite pipe. =( Vapor is definitely the way to go, but your collection really makes me wish I had held on to more of my own...oh well, the impetuousness of youth, eh? Even if that was only a number of months ago...:p

Anyway, you've got to show us a pic of your new set up when you get it all cooking, aye? Finally...and anyone with sensitive eyes, take this as your cue to shut them...I think I ought to grab a towel, as I believe that bubbler may have caused a slight leak of those most vital fluids onto the front of my dungarees. That bub is SICK man, seriously. I'm not normally into complex designs like that, but I really, really like that piece. I can see we've encountered a vet who don't fuck around with his herb ingestion in this here "420downunder" ;). Sorry for all the rambling, of course what I meant to say is "welcome to fuck combustion" :D

partially veiled,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom