Let's talk grinders

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Lift would have been a contender if not for the big logo on top. That's a deal breaker for something that'll be sitting out in the living room.
I hear ya, and at the time it was a HUGE factor for me. I hate logos or advertising for free for anything... scrape 'em off my bubblers, throw out free stickers.... all that. But I got it anyway as it was deemed my best choice based primarily on functionality, especially important with this type of product, imo. I have since learned to live with it (still really don't like it, but such is life) because it's still an awesome and rightfully "legendary" product regardless... Even if it didn't have a GIANT FUCKIN WHITE logo on it (wtf???) it would still draw plenty of attention, trust me...

as for the price @LesPlenty, I think I paid $100 for the 4-piece and I also got a free choice of an additional sifting disc using the "STRAINCENTRAL" code they gave out on the launch that probably still works. The owner is pretty cool, chatted with him at length back then... super nice and funny, too.

Not even gonna bother addressing a "fumble fingers fail" info-mercial type bs garbage "review" I may have seen somewhere and will never go back to find out.... :razz:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How does this stand up to sticky bud? With the buds rolling around and getting cut and pushed into that cutting screen there must be some sticky junk that stays on the top plate or the cutting screen. No? The one thing that I really like about your grinder is that there didn't seem to be the dust that I get with my GR8TR. I was decided on a BCG but yours caught my eye.

Really if someone had both I would love to see a side by side grind comparison.

If you haven't already read it, the early reviews from two members here
Are what got me to jump in already!

I'll let you know how it handles moist sticky bud compared to my BCG fine and medium!

Also had pre ordered the new United Machining grinder as well... :mental:

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Love to see a review and the latest blade grinders (i.e. HOJ and Lift) versus the Flower Mill/Str8 grinder. Very impressive on the performance of the blade grinders but not keen on having to replace the blades in the future when they get dull. Flower Mill seems really impressive as well, but maybe not having to replace anything at the later date.

djelibebbi

AKA djelimon, but lost the email
You are not grinding hardwood, that said, the Lift has stainless steel blades plus a Lifetime Warranty if it stops performing as it should. :2c:
The blade isn't really a blade in that it doesn't have an edge, it's a flat piece of metal a couple of millimeters thick with some teeth, which means it can't get any duller because it's already dull. That's a pretty good design feature IMO.

I occasionally scrape the gunk off my blade after dank bud sticks to it, usually just need a fingernail, maybe iso the blade down every 3 months. Stays as good as new. I was lucky enough to get in on the Indiegogo project, my unit is one of the first batches, and it's still rock solid. I use it for when I don't want a powder grind.

For powder grinds I'm using a dedicated bladed coffee grinder, which isn't bade, but a but annoying because the metal alloy in the grinder accumulates a patina of hash that is not easy to scrape off.

If anyone has a recommended electric grinder I'd be grateful

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Weird that the HOJ Grinder has extra parts for sale that includes new blades - just made me think that I would have to be changing them in the future. Where as the Flower Mill/Str8 grinders don't have those spare parts. Good to know about the Lift grinder and its lifetime warranty.

Shit Snacks

Flower Mill has arrived! Now to test...

PXL-20201224-013602657.jpg

PXL-20201224-012221595.jpg

PXL-20201224-012241839.jpg

Shit Snacks

Does anyone currently own the Hoj? If so, what do you think. I have been contemplating the purchase of one for several months now, but do not want to spend a lot of money on a grinder that only offers marginally improved performance.

I would post this in the big herb grinders thread btw, more likely someone with one will see it there perhaps? even AskFC??

GoldenBud

Does anyone currently own the Hoj? If so, what do you think. I have been contemplating the purchase of one for several months now, but do not want to spend a lot of money on a grinder that only offers marginally improved performance.
Ohhh high surface area for grinding .. it looks great.. like a tower of sieves hehe

GoldenBud,
Reactions: LesPlenty

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I love my red lift i purchased last 420 ... logo and all... but they did fall off the grid since the summer causing all kinds of grief with new customers ... Just received an email from Greg in LIFT Customer Service with good news ...

"We had a rough time this fall, one of our outsourced suppliers screwed up two batches of aluminum parts, didn't accept responsibility and we are no longer using them anymore. It caused an insanely major backup for us. We've pretty much caught up on fixing the problems and have been shipping out the same day for the past month." 🍁

I got a RAW Life V3 grinder recently, and I've been enjoying it. It's a pretty coarse grind, but its the best engineered grinder I've seen. No anodization on the teeth either, which I know isn't that big of a deal but my cheap grinders worn teeth look pretty nasty. I'm hoping they eventually make a medium plate, since they could easily sell them separately, and it'd be backed by HBI's resources.

gluemonkey,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !

I prefer my lift innovations for function but it is huge/heavy although love the slicing design for herb its a game changer for desktop use at home.
HOJ Klip mini i have looks like stylish design, it also grinds way better than average grinders, its good for portable uses, i carry it in my office bag or car.

Top Bottom