Let's talk grinders

disruptxd

FC, it's time we talked about grinders. Santa Cruz Shredder and Space Case have lots of competition, and now more than ever we are cognizant about alumninum not being ideal, flaking issues, etcetera.

I have my eye on some food grade aluminum grinders - like the Herb Ripper.

Factors I'm looking for:

- Ease of cleaning
- Food safe materials
- No coating to flake off, or wear on teeth.
- Threadless
- no stainless steel mesh

Ideally, I'd like to soak in ISO and just be done with cleaning, which makes a stainless steel mesh not that desirable - small debris gets gunked on, and ISO soaks can't get out the debris.

With this said, who here cares about these factors as much as I do, and what have you settled on?

I have the SCS and the Space Case, but at this very moment, Herb Ripper is looking pretty fucking attractive.

Last edited:

Vaporware

Iso alone may not get screens clean enough, but in my experience using the kitchen faucet (especially if it has a spray setting) after a soak tends to get them clean.

An ultrasonic cleaner should get the job done too, but I haven’t used one. Torching is also an option, but I think that would reduce the screen’s lifespan. Oh, and some grinders’ screens are optional do you could just leave them out in those cases.

If you still want to avoid screens that’s fine, I just thought I’d throw out a few options in case you otherwise particularly like something that has a screen. :)

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
Ripper is not threadless but it doesn't take a bunch of turns. I did find that the drilled holes needed deburring for my comfort- I want nothing to do with tiny thin shards of stainless swarf in my material.

That said, works good, though quite small in hand.

GoldenBud

i like my new bcg and brought pucc grinder to a friend, we're very happy with these
i will check with some microscope in few monthes if there's a problem with the color, but it looks really strong. both of them

FlowerMillJohn

Manufacturer
Hey, you might want to check out the Flower Mill. Checks off all those boxes except threadless, but they're only 1/4 turn anyways. Oh, and they're 10% off until Jan 1st. Food grade stainless steel, too. (flowermillusa.com)

If you order the '3-piece,' you'll get one without the stainless mesh.

Good luck in your quest!!

tokenknifeguy

I got a brilliant cut grinder and I think it was worth every penny. Granted it was expensive as fuck and didn't really want to spend that money on a fucking grinder, but as a vapor, I think it is worth it. If I smoked weed, I wouldn't ever spend that money on a grinder, or any grinder for that matter. But with vaping, it really is best for the weed to be consistent, therefor grinders are a must.

I only had to clean the inside just like 1 or 2 times so that it could spend freely how it should. Even then it was just from a build up right at the base of a couple of the teeth that had squished kief on, which I just knocked off. So yea I still haven't actually clean cleaned the grinder since I got it, and it has been just over a year now. I also love the magnets and not having to screw it on or off.

KVVS

Lift Innovations and the new european one Hoj Klip

Both slice instead of grind the herb.
That Hoj one is looking nice with a decent discount currently on the mini, never heard of it

Have been using a cheap 20eu SS honeypuff grinder but want something more decent

apextwenty2

Manufacturer
Correct, I should clarify - looking for the grinder to be made from food grade stainless, and preferably without a stainless steel mesh screen
Titanium is always an option as well for a truly chemically inert material. There is one left in stock on my website and I am working on the next batch now. Send me a Dm if you are interested in one but don't like the one on the website now. Also stainless is a fantastic material and you cannot go wrong with an Herb Ripper.https://www.apextwenty2.com/

ejackyou

Hamilton
Love My S/S 'RIPPER'!

Mean Girls Christmas GIF
Mean Girls Christmas GIF

hinglemccringleberry

The Shred grinder that came with my Fury 2 is my only grinder now. Can't complain. I run it without the keif catcher section and it does the job.
The nicest one I've ever owned would have to be the Newvape fine grinder, but I got out of fine grinding so I found it a new home.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

florduh

On a whim, I bought a 2 piece Santa Cruz Shredder... made out of hemp.

santa-cruz-shredder-eco-friendly-biodegradable-hemp-grinder-1.jpg

It was under $10 on Amazon. I thought it would tide me over until I decide on a better model. But I might just buy a couple more of these. At this price I can buy one per strain! It gives me a perfect fluffy grind. I can get it pretty fine if I want too. Never owned a metal Santa Cruz, but it allegedly works about as well.

They have 3 and 4 piece hemp options too. But mine has no magnet to help with the biodegradable selling point. Not sure how keeping multiple pieces would work.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
These grinders are like a lifetime investment, if anything does wear down just replace parts.

Been using my Lift innovations for about 2 years now, just ordered the Hoj Klip mini.
Exaclty. I've had my LIFT Innovations for over 3 years now and it's still pretty much the exact same (minus a couple of dings from being dropped on natural stone bathroom tile) as the day I bought it, there's nothing even closely resembling being worn out. Still very satisfied with my luxury "lifetime investment" and feel no need to buy another for any reason other than a bout of good ol' GAS...

Enjoy your purchase, cool aesthetics!

Texus

Depending on how much of a hurry you are in, the highly praised Brilliant Cut has a 1+ month wait right now. Went with a stainless steel Flower Mill and loving it. But as someone mentioned, there is minor threading (though cap is magnetic, you have a quarter turn to get to the ground bud). Love that the design permits the 4-piece to become a 3-peice (no screen).

LesPlenty

Company Rep
You should have gone with one of these to star with @Bologna, only $85 and still has a lifetime warranty and all the normal versions are sold out,
Black 3 piece grinder | Lift Innovations (lift-innovations.com)
I have lusted after the shiny S/S version for a while but have heard a few negatives about the standard model, I think it was one of Troy's reviews that turned me off a little, especially with the price of the shiny S\S version.

Texus

You should have gone with one of these to star with @Bologna, only $85 and still has a lifetime warranty and all the normal versions are sold out,
Black 3 piece grinder | Lift Innovations (lift-innovations.com)
I have lusted after the shiny S/S version for a while but have heard a few negatives about the standard model, I think it was one of Troy's reviews that turned me off a little, especially with the price of the shiny S\S version.
Lift would have been a contender if not for the big logo on top. That's a deal breaker for something that'll be sitting out in the living room.

BestBuds

The Dude
Hey, you might want to check out the Flower Mill. Checks off all those boxes except threadless, but they're only 1/4 turn anyways. Oh, and they're 10% off until Jan 1st. Food grade stainless steel, too. (flowermillusa.com)

If you order the '3-piece,' you'll get one without the stainless mesh.

Good luck in your quest!!
How does this stand up to sticky bud? With the buds rolling around and getting cut and pushed into that cutting screen there must be some sticky junk that stays on the top plate or the cutting screen. No? The one thing that I really like about your grinder is that there didn't seem to be the dust that I get with my GR8TR. I was decided on a BCG but yours caught my eye.

Really if someone had both I would love to see a side by side grind comparison.

Top Bottom