Legal Massachusetts

AcidFlashbang

If you’re a fairly regular cannabis consumer, a med card is no-brainer and pays for itself very quickly.
Unless you plan on purchasing a firearm from a FFL in the future, in which case you will have to commit a felony in order to obtain that gun. Well if one is a cannabis user and purchased from a gun dealer theyve already committed a felony but having a medical card or previous possession charge is proof you are in fact a user of illegal drugs.

AcidFlashbang,

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
Cannabis regulators have just announced that effective this date (12.12.2019) at 2:00 p.m.retailers will be allowed to sell any vaping products that are manufactured on this date (or later) that have been tested for vitamin E acetate and other contaminants inclusive of heavy metals. Because products must be manufactured on Thursday (or later) it is not clear exactly when consumers will be able to buy the products from there local dispensaries. Cannabis vaping products that were manufactured before December 12th will remain quarantined.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
It's a bit scary that some previously tested cartridges now show high levels of lead upon retest. Suggesting that lead from the device may be leaching into the cartridges. https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...vaping-products-contain-lead-state-tests.html
But the heating element is resident in the cart, not the "battery" that heats it up, no? When you screw a 510 cartridge onto a vape pen/battery/whatever you aren't using the coil of the pen itself (which is usually in the atomizer piece, which you remove in order to attach the 510 cart). So if metals are getting into the liquids from the heating element it's happening inside each cartridge, and not the device that drives it.

Which actually makes it harder to eliminate risk since every cart could have this problem, potentially, assuming they've diagnosed it correctly (which I wouldn't assume just yet given the history of this "crisis"....)

mitchgo61,

JiggyJack

But the heating element is resident in the cart, not the "battery" that heats it up, no? When you screw a 510 cartridge onto a vape pen/battery/whatever you aren't using the coil of the pen itself (which is usually in the atomizer piece, which you remove in order to attach the 510 cart). So if metals are getting into the liquids from the heating element it's happening inside each cartridge, and not the device that drives it.

Which actually makes it harder to eliminate risk since every cart could have this problem, potentially, assuming they've diagnosed it correctly (which I wouldn't assume just yet given the history of this "crisis"....)

Yeah, I'm not clear on exactly what the source was although I assumed it is from the cartridge itself.

The state now requires dispensaries to list the materials used in the carts/pods but provides no information (that I've seen) to indicate whether those materials will be safe over time. I was hoping for a little more clarity from the state on this.

For example, we now know that the Pax Era pods contain:
Casing: Food Grade Plastics
Coil/Heating: Gold Plated Brass, Silica wick, nichrome heater and cotton batting to absorb condensation.

But no information on whether or not it is okay to heat up these elements and inhale any resulting vapor. Or whether or not over time any of these things can lead to lead entering the concentrate.

JiggyJack,
Reactions: mitchgo61

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
a continuation of FC Thread

With no recreational marijuana sales during coronavirus pandemic and thousands more medical patients, state and municipalities to see impact on tax revenue

With recreational marijuana stores closed amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of medical marijuana patients has increased by the thousands in Massachusetts.

Between the halt of adult-use sales since March 24 and additional medical marijuana patients who may not return to the recreational market, the state is poised to see an impact on tax collections.

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
A public service announcement (if I may)... all retailers have reportedly sold all of their product within one hour of reopening today.

Chicken Charlie,
Reactions: macbill

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
After a three and a half month wait!(thank god I got in on the next to last day they were open and bought a lot), Mass retail is now just about fully open. Drove three hours down to Mass. and three hours back--and it was worth it! Got me some Skywalker Kush flower(I), some Chuck OG shatter, some ChemOG wax, and some Blueberry crystals and a couple of small things of different waxes.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Home boy’s got his bike shop in same building complex as the local dispensary— & a coupla breweries.

Parking is insane since Baker opened up lockdown a bit.

And, another dispensary opened up in town, I believe. Go Krazy.

Top Bottom