Legacy v. IQ2 | how do flavor, potency and efficiency compare?

RxPlorer

Per the title. I’m m on the fence for both of these conduction units. Legacy claims to be convection but that doesn’t seem to be true.

Which unit wins in the flavor, potency and efficiency categories?

Also, How bad is the risk of combustion with legacy? I’ve never combusted and never want to.

RxPlorer,
Reactions: arb

RxPlorer

I was on the preorder list for legacy but cancelled due to airvape’s marketing shenanigans. Should they be given another chance?

sickmanfraud

I was on the preorder list for legacy but cancelled due to airvape’s marketing shenanigans. Should they be given another chance?

I wouldn't. I tried my pre-order Legacy 3 times and combusted twice. So far no response to the email I sent Airvape (2 weeks ago).

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: RxPlorer

Toivarita

999 Forever
The IQ is an easier vape to use for beginners. The Legacy is a vape with a steep but rewarding learning curve. Legacy is the better for experienced capers IMO. Worth the price of $200+
The Legacy is 100% convection. When the vaporizer is on and in session mode, if the user does not draw then there is no extraction of the herb. Multiple people have tested this.

Toivarita,

jbm

I wouldn’t either. I keep trying to like this thing, but it makes the MV1 look like a Mighty in terms of quirks. Put in a screen, put in two screens, reshape the “basket,” etc etc. and yet it still produces meh vapor with meh flavor, while getting weed all over the place and resin all over that bogus “diffuser” in the lid. Under no circumstances would I pay anywhere near full price for the Legacy. You’d be better off buying a Tinymight, even given TM’s appalling lack of customer service. The Legacy was not worth all the waiting and crappy CS from Airvape, and was overpriced even at a hundred bucks. I’ll still never buy another device from Airvape and I dearly wish I hadn’t bought this one.

jbm,
Reactions: BrianTL

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I cant say much about the Legacy, I just opened the thread for the first time 30 mins ago... can't say it gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling at all, specifically speaking to the user experience/performance. Build quality seems high, with the exception of the microdosing basket thing, but idk. Aesthetically it looks great though. A couple people seem to have gotten it figured out for themselves and seem to be enjoying it though. Just not my thing.

The IQ2 does seem similar? I can say that the flavor in the IQ2 is amazing IMO. It really brings out the flavor of your flower. Potency and efficiency - I think, depend completely on your lungs. It's been shelved for a couple months so I'm a bit rusty on my thoughts with it, but the main reason I actually found FC was because I was trying to figure out how to get my IQ2 to function better. That said, I realize now that I may have been doing somethings wrong and not using the IQ2 to its potential. I keep meaning to go back and do some more experimenting, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

For me, I just felt like I had to inhale the whole 8 minute session. My lungs couldnt keep up, and in my head, with a conduction vape like this, if I'm not inhaling I'm wasting. I paired it with a bubbler, that helped a lot actually, I was able to inhale more and feel like I was wasting less. I obviously was getting higher than I had before because I was able to get more into my lungs rather than wasting away cooking while I'm trying to hold my coughs in. But still, the oven is really big and I was actually FLYING through weed, probably double what I was doing with combustion to be honest. Picking up some on demand convection vape has basically slowed my consumption to a crawl, even with me vaping daily.

Again though...I know a lot more about vaping in general now compared to when I was using it. I basically knew nothing about vapes at the time. I'm sure I could pick up the IQ2 and get better performance out of it than what I was doing before, use it more efficiently, etc.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Per the title. I’m m on the fence for both of these conduction units. Legacy claims to be convection but that doesn’t seem to be true.

Which unit wins in the flavor, potency and efficiency categories?

Also, How bad is the risk of combustion with legacy? I’ve never combusted and never want to.

I know this isn't what you were asking, but I'm not sure I would recommend either of those for the goals you listed? Although you didn't say exactly how you plan to use it... I was also looking at your signature to see what you are relying on now and have experience with (VAS be gone, huh? :p) so I guess both would be a nice compliment for your collection at least? Anyway, with a proper Legacy I don't think there is much combustion risk especially if you stick to lower temps, meanwhile the IQ2 is not going to be such a strong option for efficiency...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BrianTL
Top Bottom